DVDs or Downloads

molasses

Cathlete
Which format do you prefer? I need to buy the last couple of Cathe's releases and was about to buy the DVDs when I read about the Workout Blender. Worth it? Would appreciate your input.

I think if you really want the Workout Blender you need to sign up for On Demand. The desktop version is iffy to get working and I don't think its being supported anymore.

I like downloads for "on the go" workouts that I can do when I travel. But unless you have the technology to stream them to your workout room you might find them a little hard to use... and there are no premixes on the downloads... you have to make your own (if you can get the desktop workout blender to work).

I did a rotation of ICE using On Demand and had fun playing with the workout blender online. I'll probably do that again when I am ready to do another ICE rotation instead of buying the DVDs or the downloads. And Cathe live is an added perk!

Another vote for On Demand. It's the best!!! I love having the blender to make my own premixes or use Cathes and Cathe live is the best. I love being able to do some of Cathe's older weight work like Pure Strength. I never bought them, but now I can do them or any other Cathe dvd with On Demand.

On Demand/Workout Blender/Cathe Live. Definitely!!!! But I will always get
The DVDs too, it's just something about having them Cathe DVDs on your
Own little shelf!!!! :). And then you have them if internet is out or some
Terrible thing happening!!

Pardon my ignorance please but....how does the blender work? Is that the same as the workout manager? You need all the downloads or on demand right? Doesn't it take forever to create something? You would have to already know what the workout consists of? I'm curious what others have to say too. Everyone keeps talking about how dvds are becoming a thing of the past. If that's the truth, I guess downloads would be the way to go.

The workout blender is the online workout blender that you get when you have OnDemand & Cathe Live package...like I have said before, it's
about the best thing since..........chocolate !!!!! You have access to all the workouts in the blender and they are all chaptered and you
simply "blend" your own workout using chapters from whatever workouts you want. Once you get it the way you want it, you name it and
"save" it and you're ready to roll !!! There is no wait time and you can go back and move things around, delete some chapters, add more,
whatever you want...simply save it again and there you have it....It's wonderful, I have "blended" 157 workouts to date, and it is so much
fun, almost as much fun to blend them as doing them :) You don't use downloads at all with this blender, it's all online. Hope that helps.
Oh, also, you can share any of your workouts you have made with others and you have the option to save any workouts that others
have shared in the "import shared workouts" section......I'm on my way there now !

On Demand workout blender gets my vote; versatile, economical, and more than enough content for workouts you will personally use.

I am apparently a cave woman, I prefer the DVDs. I don't mind swapping discs to make my own combos. I do LOVE my Love subscription, though. Today I did Lean & Mean Legs Live (8/17/14) then popped in my XTrain Legs DVD to finish off with the floorwork. Whatever you choose, you can make it work for you.

I don't think DVD's will ever go away because not everyone has internet or good internet (think about living in rural areas). I like what the WO bender has to offer but not sure I want to do $20 a month. I have Cathe Live now and love it but still thinking about the blender. I want to get Slow and Heavy along with Pure Strength so deciding on what I want to do about that.

I have my dvds and they are nicely organized. Lol. That's one reason I won't do digital download. But i do have cathe Live which I love.

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

Ah Terina....I'm with you! I have a very nice mini book shelf that holds all my DVDs. I move them around to create my week of wkouts. Plus I just got Cathe Live about 3 weeks ago. I'm happy! The blender sounds pretty cool though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.