Dove Total Body Workouts

PhyllisG

Cathlete
Does anyone here have these and what are your opinions--positive & negative? For some reason I have suddenly become interested in this series. I tried to trade for them with no luck. While people may not be using them regularly they are also not giving them up. Any info would be appreciated. Also which are your favorites of the 4 volumes? TIA

I have all 4 and love all 4. I had just acquired Dove after finishing up a Slim Series rotation and thought Dove was a step above the Slim Series but very similar. Out of all of them, I prefer 3 the best. This one doesn't use any equipment and has more yoga in it. It also has a short cardio segment that reminded me very much of Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio hi/lo. #1 and #4 use the step. #2 is the only one that is all strength, no cardio although your heartrate still stays up since Dove is non-stop throughout the workout. Dove incorporates lots of kickboxing and balance moves. Her core work is also very challenging in all of them. Dove is very good on form and gives lots of pointers throughout. There are mountain climbers and burpees in these. She also does lots of combination moves. I was very pleased with this series and look forward to seeing more from her (although I heard she was concentrating on having a family now so it might be awhile). All of the workouts are about 60-65 minutes and everytime you think you're done, she sticks in one more move. I feel completely worked out after doing these and feel they're very effective.

Marcy

Thank you Marcy. I just bought #3 on amazon. . Decided I would choose one workout to start with and see how I liked Dove. Glad to hear you like them all and that #3 is your favorite. I was sort of torn between 2 & 3. I am sure I will end up wanting them all.

You won't be sorry that you got all four.

I have all of them and they are high rep and cardio workouts. So much better than Jeri Love. She is bright, down to earth, and works you extremely hard.

You'll be doing workouts that are fresh and new and some that are regular, and you will have DOM's.

Congratulations. Get ready to sweat!

Janie

It's made out of 3 separate pieces of rubber/foam glued together. I think it is an equivalent to a professional step with two risers. Not sure though. It is durable and softer than the professional step.

She sometimes uses two of these rubber/foam steps together to jump on. Certainly one of them to do step work.

Don't know where to purchase them, I've only seen them at the second hand stores. Good quality stuff though. Next time I see those kinds of steps, I'll grab them, just because you never know who might want to step with you, or use them with these workouts.

Janie

You won't be sorry that you got all four.

I have all of them and they are high rep and cardio workouts. So much better than Jeri Love. She is bright, down to earth, and works you extremely hard.

Janie

I've had all 4 for a while and really do like them too. I like #2 the best. I do it the most often because there are no equipment changes.

I am confused though... why are you comparing Dove to Jari Love? I don't think they are even similar in their approach.

So I ordered all 4 workouts. 1 and 2 are on backorder but I received 3 and 4 today. I just previewed 3 and it looks AWSOME!!!! I plan on doing it tomorrow. I will report back and let you know how it goes:)

I LOVE THESE WORKOUTS! I've only done 3 so far. I will do 4 tomorrow. Its a great workout. It leaves me feeling like I worked hard but didn't kill myself. Its challenging but in a good way and my butt was pretty sore this morning after doing #3. Just wanted to share.

Karie I liked #1. That is the only one I have done so far. Received 1 & 4 in a trade and waiting for 2 & 3 to arrive. I like that it moves fast so you get a cardio effect, has minimal equipment and Dove was a great intructor. I could follow her cues without checking the TV screen. I used my old transfirmer step and that worked fine. Looking forward to receiving the other 2. I remember when these first came out and I had no interest in them at all. Now I love what I have seen so far. Kind of just what I was looking for.

JeanneMarie "I am confused though... why are you comparing Dove to Jari Love? I don't think they are even similar in their approach."

They both are doing endurance workouts and perhaps that was a bad comparison.

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.