Double step DVD

thejster

Cathlete
Can anyone recommend a double step DVD? (Nothing too advanced, I'll explain in a minute...)

I start teaching double step next month, and I need practice! The reason I don't want anything too advanced is that most of my steppers are intermediate level. I've been double stepping for a while, but I need to start with intermediate moves that are easy to cue.

I've tried Seasun Zieger's The Next Step, but she's very advanced and hard for me to follow. I'm spoiled with Cathe...she's advanced too, but easy to follow. Too bad she doesn't have any double step. Oh well, a girl can dream...

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 steps side by side. both are used in the step routine. i have never done and am afraid to try it quite frankly! :p but i do hear it's lots of fun! :)

Double step is a step workout where you move back and forth between two step benches. The steps can be side-by-side vertical, horizontal, or shaped like an L (one vertical, one horizontal.)

It's an excellent workout - you are so busy moving from one bench to the other that you forget how hard you're working. It's an excellent cardio workout and lots of fun!

Don't be afraid Wendy, if you can do Cathe, you can do Double Step! I'm just a Cathe newbie, so I know you can handle it!

Actually, I was deathly afraid to teach it, but my coordinator suggested (strongly) that I attend the training.

As far as it being fun, the Double Step class at our gym is always packed. Our members are asking (begging) for more Double Step classes. I am very glad my boss encouraged me. We like to keep our members happy!

Hi there, check out Gin Miller's website, http://www.ginmiller.com/. Go to the Instrictor Video Section. Her sister (I think), Mary Griffin released a VHS tape called "Zig Zag Step". I bought it a while ago and just couldn't get into it. If this is the same as double step and you are interested, I would be more than happy to give you the VHS if you send a SASE. You can email me @ [email protected]

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.