Don't know how on no sleep!

erin1621

Cathlete
So I am having trouble being consistent in my wo. My lo is 4 months now, but not sleeping! I'm up every 2-3 hrs and I'm exhausted! Some nights are worse... Like 2night. I have ds who's 3 also and I find not only is it hard to find time but energy! I am so tired the last thing I want to do is exercise. Any adv or motivation?

i don't have any advice - just empathy! my dd is also 4 months old and still waking up to eat in the middle of the night. between taking care of her and working 10 hour days when i go to work 3 days a week, i'm chronically exhausted. i try to work out in the evenings on my days at home when my husband can watch her, but i definitely have trouble finding the energy. i strive to work out for an hour, but i'm happy if i can get 30 minutes in. and forget about eating right! my diet is horrible because i grab what i can when i can. it usually has to be something i can fix in one minute or less, eat with one hand, or eat quickly. cooking is not an option right now. i'm trying to be patient and tell myself that eventually my dd will become more self sufficient and be able to entertain herself for longer periods.

hang in there! hopefully it will get easier and hopefully you'll start getting more sleep!
carrie

I don't have any advice either. I'm going trhought the same exact thing. My little girl is 4 months old and she will not sleep during the day, and to top it off I'm like her human pacifier during the night. I on the other hand was very deternime to loose the weight so rather than going back to bed I stay up for the day, only averaging about 2-3 hours a day!!! Got to go, baby is being squirmy!!!

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. There will be plenty of time to get yourself on track. This stage will pass quickly and you will again find time to do things for yourself. Just have the mind set that If you get a workout in, great! But if your tired you prolly need the rest too. Goodluck!

Yep, just chiming in - you're not alone!
DS is 4 mos and eats every 4 hrs like clockwork. In fact I'm just planning a strategy for her to CIO.

I take the same path as Lulu. I have a 2.5 yr old who gets up at 5:30 everyday, so my workouts begin between 4 and 4:30am every day.
I'm tired, for sure. But I feel better having worked out.
You just have to force yourself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.