DOMS in legs question

pixiesis

Cathlete
So I did disc 14 (Legs) of STS Meso 2. I knew I'd be sore, but I'm soooooo sore! I did it Tuesday evening. Yesterday was bad and today is worse. I like DOMS as much as the next gal, but for some reason I HATE having major DOMS in my legs (don't mind it really anywhere else). I hate how I have to walk slower, how much it hurts to sit down and stand up, and bending down hurts too. I tried stretching this morning but couldn't do much because I was so stiff (and I'm normally very flexible). I guess I should go lighter on my next leg workout, but it's hard for me to know at the time that it's gonna affect me this way later (didn't have terrible leg DOMS in Meso 1), and I do want to feel the workout later too.

Anyone else experience this kind of annoying bad leg DOMS? What do you do? I hate to take painkillers, but since I have disc 15 on tap today, I'm thinking I should take some ibuprofen or something. Any help/commiseration is greatly appreciated.

Amy

Me too!!

Ummm... I'll definitely join you in the commiseration, Amy. I don't mind soreness but I can't stand having super sore legs. :-( I actually have a problem with a hamstring muscle that has plagued me for as long as I can remember which gets so sore that I feel like I have injured it and then I have to take time off from everything. Argh! I get frustrated with strength training for my legs.

If I get too sore, I take Advil. I'm like you in that I don't like to take pain relievers. I try to avoid it if I can. I have found though getting in a hot tub or hot bath or some other form of applying some soothing heat to sore muscles helps.

I'm right there with you today ! I did disc 14 yesterday morning and my legs have NEVER been this sore with DOMS. :eek:
I was just talking to DH , saying I need to take some Advil because I really am hurting.
I did Powermax this morning and was amazed that I actually felt better after that, worse when I've been sitting for a while.
So I was thinking I might walk a little later........try to loosen all those muscles up . Think that would help any???

I did LOVE the workout and am happy to see that it's paying off:).......just wish I weren't quite so sore today !!!!

I hope we all feel better SOON!

Becky

Last edited:
I'm right there with you today ! I did disc 14 yesterday morning and my legs have NEVER been this sore with DOMS. :eek:
I was just talking to DH , saying I need to take some Advil because I really am hurting.
I did Powermax this morning and was amazed that I actually felt better after that, worse when I've been sitting for a while.
So I was thinking I might walk a little later........try to loosen all those muscles up . Think that would help any???

I did LOVE the workout and am happy to see that it's paying off:).......just with I weren't quite so sore today !!!!

I hope we all feel better SOON!

Becky

Hey! That's what I was gonna suggest--when I get leg DOMS that bad I find light cardio helps a lot. Something about getting the blood flowing to the muscles loosens them up a little.

Thanks everyone! Think I'll take an easy spin on my elliptical before and/or after my STS w/o today. Chris801, you're scaring me! I can't be doing this to myself regularly, so maybe I'll lighten up for disc 17.

I got really bad DOMS from disc 9. While I was doing the workout I thought I could actually go heavier. I was walking like I was 9 months pregnant. I was soooo sore for about 4 days. But I did disc 9 again the following week and actually increased the weights and did not get nearly as sore. So you may not get really sore with the next workout, it may have been an adjustment to the new meso cycle. (although I can't promise anything). Good Luck.

PS. I haven't started meso 2 yet.

chrissy

Hey! That's what I was gonna suggest--when I get leg DOMS that bad I find light cardio helps a lot. Something about getting the blood flowing to the muscles loosens them up a little.

Thanks, LauraMax. I never thought about cardio since it is using legs too. But I will try it out. I always had a bad DOM after each workout. I think I really push heavy this time. But it will eventually go away. This only thing kind of bothers me what a pericing pain once in a while in my left butt, the area has a lot of soft tissue. I hope I did not have stress fracture or any. But if it has a lot of soft tissue, it won't have bones, right?

The pain normally started while I sat in my office chairs for a long time. When I could not bare it, I stood up and started to walk and massage it, it went away like it never had been there. Isn't it weird? Do you guys have that kind of feelings?

Yup, I feel ya! STS 3, 9, 14, and 17!!!! What is that - half of the legs discs I've done so far? Painful, hurts to sit on the potty DOMS. Oooooh, I hate those. I don't mind DOMS, but those have been the mean, viscious ones. I find Advil/Aleve/Tylenol/Motrin/Hot baths - none of it helps. The only thing that helps me is to keep it movin'. It all kinks back up when I sit down. Step, walking, elliptical, short runs, kickbox - all good. It hurts at first, but then when things get warm it loosens up a bit. Then I can get in a stretch. But as soon as I sit back down, I'm done for. I just move as much as I can, and wait it out. I think on the above mentioned discs it was 2-3 days of major owies and another 1 or 2 of comfortable DOMS.

Nan

ETA: The 2nd and 3rd day after are usually worse than the 1st, at least for me

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.