Dog Limping?

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
Good Morning~

I had my dog (Eskimo Spitz/Sheltie Mix) to his Vet last night for his rountine visit (shots,etc.).
He got his normal rabbies, lyme, & Distemper shot. He seemed fine, but when I got him home I noticed that he was limping and couldn't walk on his leg where he got the shots. Even if I try to touch it he cries.

Is this a normal reaction? He can't even jump up on the couch and/or bed. I have already tried to call the vet but she is not in yet.

Thanks for your help in advance!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jennifer, I would call the vet. Doesn't sound normal to me...just to be safe talk to the doc. HTH and hope all is alright! :)

Hi Jennifer, no, that's not normal, and you should take your dog back to the vet right away. He may be having an allergic reaction to the vaccine, in which case you and your vet need to discuss alternatives to that vaccine for the future; also, he needs treatment for any injury he may have sustained or any reaction he is having. Hope he's OK and keep us posted!

Dee

Thanks!

I did call the vet, she is not in yet, but I left a message w/ the receptionist to have her call me back.
The receptionist went on to tell me, "you know, this is normal after his shots." I do know that, but I don't think he should be feeling like this.

I just stopped home real fast to check on him...he didn't even get off the couch to greet me, just laid there. Now, I know there is something wrong, that is not normal for him.

I will keep you posted,
Thanks-

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

I would take him to the emergency vet, every town has them. It may be expensive but they are better trained Doc's and even tech's. I don't think this is normal, vaccines are nasty business. I have horses and dogs and many years of experience with this. If he is a smaller dog he may not be taking well to the shots. He maybe just be really sore from them for that matter but I wouldn't wait much longer for the vet to check in. I have a horse that gets sore and swollen from his vaccines if I give him too many in the same spot. Good luck

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.