does anyone have an opinion on christie taylor videos?

jdoll

Cathlete
i have one of christie's totaly cool step and i think it's a pretty good workout. you can't preview her videos on her website. have any of you done stepsational yet? any thoughts? i like her coreography but i hate that she sings while she's instructing.

I tried to like her workouts, but her choreography was too much for me. She's all over the place, and it's too much thrown in without breakdowns first, which someone like me needs. I can't do the "watch me first" thing and concentrate on working out at the same time. It breaks my momentum and frustrates me, which then makes me stop and try to figure out the move, which of course then lowers my heart rate, and I feel like I've just turned a "cardio" workout into an "interval" workout, and I get very frustrated. A silly thing perhaps to some, but we all have ways in which we prefer to workout.

On the positive side, I really like Christie's personality, and her workouts are very good and very effective, but I simply couldn't get past the WAY she teaches. We're all different, and I know plenty of people on here like her and can follow her teaching style, so I'm sure you'll get posts with experiences which are very different than mine.

Carol
:)

I love Christi's workouts!! I have gotten used to the singing already. It's a little much, but it goes with her personality. I have to say that Stepsational was only ok. The choregraphy was fun, but the music and production wasn't as great as usual. My faves are Step Heaven, Still Steppin and Solid Gold Step. You can just go th collagevideo.com to preview her workouts.

Aila:)

The only one of hers that I have is FUNKtional Fitness, and I really like this one a lot. I've done it 3 times now and still don't have all the moves down, but it's a lot of fun trying. It something totally different (for me), and I like that in "my mix" from time to time. I'm seriously considering either "Still Jumping" or "Totally Hot Cardio" based on reviews I've read...don't think I'm anywhere near ready (and probably never will be) for her step, though, based on what I've read.

I love her step workouts...haven't gotten the new one yet. My fave is Step Heaven. I also like some of her strength/toning workouts, but I couldn't do one of her floor aerobics workouts if you paid me.

I like her personality a lot, & don't mind her singing at all. She's not Cathe, but something a little different is great once in awhile.

Ruth:)

jdoll, I really like Still Steppin'. It is fun choreography. I just got Solid Gold Step. I like the 1st part and I find her choreography easy to catch on to, but the 2nd part of this video, I tend to lose my heart rate. She does a lot of walking the board and mambo cha cha moves. I found myself getting frustrated with the slowness of this part, so I made up a more intense version, which makes this workout more fun for me! I don't have Stepsational, but it hasn't hasn't had very good reviews. I just knew I wouldn't like her new workouts. I probably will not order any new Christi's. I love her music though. Collage has reviews of this and a 60 sec. clip.

Hi Carol,
We've missed seeing you on the Christi forum. I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy her Terrific Trio DVD you said you bought. I don't have that one b/c it doesn't look as good as other ones. You should really try some of her others. I ONLY do Cathe and Christi workouts, no one else comes close in my opinion. You should try Solid Gold Step , StepSational, or Still Steppin. They are all fantastic. I agree that it initially takes longer to learn the choreography, and the way I do it is a little at a time. I just got StepSational and love it. I've only learned the first 3 combos, and it took 2 tries, and after 20 minutes or so of learning I threw in Cathe's IMAX 2 to really get my heart rate up, since I had just been learning new moves and not really working hard yet. For me if the choreography is too easy I get bored with the workout quickly. It is so much fun and so worth it to learn Christi's shoreography. I think the terrific trio workouts are not nearly the best of Christi. I think you are missing some great workouts if you don't give the ones I mentioned a try. I love Cathe's Step Blast, but enjoy Christi's even more. Please consider giving them another try.

Take care,
Liz :)

Good morning!! A huge Christi fan checking in on your post. I have all her workouts and find Totally Cool Step to be the easiest step one. The rest of her step workouts have a "learning curve." But once you get the moves they are awesome!

I have the new one, Stepsational. Its not one of my favorites but it kind of grows on you. The music is very good.She uses the 4 in. step height, I tried that but it gave me no "workout" what so ever. I barely broke a sweat. I am going to use 6 or 8 in next time.

If you ever want to throw some floor areobics in for a change, she is the bomb for sure!!!

HTH, Renee :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.