Does anyone else find ab ripper x surprisingly easy?

adygruner

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I got p90x recently and decided to do a test run of all the workouts before starting the full rotation. I tried ab ripper x last night and to tell you the truth I wasn't all that impressed. I guess I expected it to be a lot more extreme... Did anyone else find this?

RE: Does anyone else find ab ripper x surprisingly easy...

My abdominals are strong and defined but lack endurance. I find long ab sessions to be very difficult. To me, ARX is difficult but it does get easier with time...

Good for you if you find it on the easier side. I thought I'd die the first time I tried it!}(

RE: Does anyone else find ab ripper x surprisingly easy...

I find Ab Ripper to be very hard on my back. IMO, the exercises are not safe for anyone with back issues, so I avoid this workout.

I didn't find it all that difficult either, but it really is effective!! So now I do it with ankle weights on & holding an 8 lb medicine ball.... try that and see how you like it! :)

I don't find it easy at all. In fact doing all those reps without rest is pretty tough. This workout is easy to do incorrectly b/c of the fast pace. If you focus on your form you'll definitely feel it.

I bow to the ironwomen that you guys are!:7 Personally, I thought it was hard enough alright!

Those mason twists get me everytime. In fact, I should do this workout more often. It bugs my hip flexors and mostly lower back (even though my abs are super strong and so is my lower back, I have some degeneration happening in the disks in my low back), so some of the moves can really hurt in a bad way.

I didn't find it easy. As a matter of fact, I got great results from using it. However, the dread-factor associated with Ab Ripper-X is HUGE for me. After doing 2 rounds of P90X, I simply can't motivate myself to do Ab Ripper-X anymore; I got major burnout from it. I sub a variety of Cathe's core workouts instead.

Sarah

Are you kidding??! It's so easy I hold a margarita in each hand while doing the ol' Ab Ripper :p :p

So maybe that's why I find AbX so challenging, I wasn't drinking margaritas!

I think ab Ripper X is tough. If it is that easy for you in the beginning, you might not be doing the exercising correctly. Make sure you are concentrating on your form and really working your abs with each movement. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's so easy to half a$$ these exercises..

It is easy to get burned out on it. I don't usually watch the DVD anymore, I just do the exercises from it while watching tv at night. MUCH better that way, and I can still hear Tony's voice in my head.... get your butt in the air.... I hate it, but I love it...

And you guys are crackin' me up!! Yes, good form is important to really feel it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.