Does anybody like Cathe's weighted gloves?

pace1987

Cathlete
I was thinking of ordering these. I wanted to do STS Meso 1 and 2 after I finish 3 up in a few weeks. Are they easy to take the weights in and out? And how do you know what size to pick. I thought it was one size fit all. TIA:).

I have a like/dislike relationship with mine. I do think there is only one size.

Likes - zipper pockets, ability to vary the weights, velcro 'buckle'. If adding more weights you do have to 'stuff' it
Dislikes - seem too loose overall. They have to be a bit loose to fit over my weight gloves (they are open on the inside so no protection which is OK). But they just don't fit snug on me and it bothers me a bit. They only come with 2x 0.5lb weights per glove.

Options
A) I have 2lb fixed weight gloves that fit much better. So I use them when I'm going to use 2lb consistently. But they're a bit tough for uncoordinated me to get on during the quick changes. And the 2lb is fixed. I've had them awhile and use them for kickboxing
B) 1lb wrist bands. These just slip over my hand and are quick and easy. It weights at the wrist though and not on the hand. OK for most things. These are quite old and I don't remember where they came from.
C) Sinkers (someone's bright idea on these forums, sorry don't remember who but there is a thread) to add weights into the zipper pockets. I found some nice, heavy round ones at Sports Authority. They fit into the pockets. It looks kinda bulky, but :p

I have a little basket with all my toys for quick and easy access :cool:

Last edited:
Dislikes - seem too loose overall. They have to be a bit loose to fit over my weight gloves (they are open on the inside so no protection which is OK). But they just don't fit snug on me and it bothers me a bit. They only come with 2x 0.5lb weights per glove.

i agree with this. they are "ok" in my opinion. i wish they would fit better, especially over my lifting gloves (the weighted gloves have no palms). i also wish they each were 2 lbs, as the package implies. but, oh well.

I use mine for Kickboxing/Turbo stuff and I love them. I feel like they are comfortable and dry out nicely after I get them all wet!! (ewww! sorry!)

I also have the ones from BeachBody (for TurboJam) and I prefer Cathe's to the BB ones.

Jenn

I bought mine at Dunham's and I like them. Mine fit fine. When I'm doing weight work, I actually wear my regular weight lifting gloves underneath them and this does make them a bit tighter. Also, I've used Cathe's while doing kickbox and love the additional weight. Getting the weight in/out is a bit of a challenge so I haven't done that during STS (but haven't really needed to either).

I have these and like them. For me they were a good purchase. I wear them over my weight lifting gloves. At first I couldn't get them on/off quick enough sometimes but now I can (developed my own little technique). I think they serve the purpose they are intended for. For me, just because I have small hands and wrists I don't think I would want them heavier than 1 lb so they are just right for me.

FYI...I was looking at these the other day, and it looks like they come in three sizes (S, M, L).

I was debatiing getting these for kickboxing, but I already have 2lb wtd gloves (with 2 lbs on each hand) so I probably don't need these as well. But, you never know...

Shelbygirl

Mine fit fine. I have trouble stuffing the sand things pack in, in a hurry. I like the idea of the sinkers, just have not taken the time to go out and get them. For heavier weight increments, like one arm rows, I am using my adjustable ankle weights on my wrist. They are .5 increments up to 5 pounds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.