Does Amazon Fire Stick work similar to Google Chromecast for Cathe Live?

cherrypie10

I watched the tutorials on how to set up/watch Cathe Live using Google Chromecast but after a bit of research, I think I would like to purchase a similar device, the Amazon Fire Stick. Before I do, does anyone know if it works basically the same way or am I going to run into problems? Thank you!

<http://cathe.com/forum/threads/cathe-on-demand-and-amazon-fire.300511/>

The amazon fire stick is similar to a roku, not chromecast.
I have one and use it for netflix and amazon videos.
I don't think there are plans for a cathe app for amazon fire.
I am underwhelmed by my chromecast, as the tab casting feature stutters a lot for me even at low resolution.
I mostly use it for videos I own (mp4 on my computer's hard drive), and that gives me acceptable viewing if I make the screens small.

I was thinking of buying and using a Chromecast for the Cathe Live videos, now I am not sure if that is the way to go. :(

It totally depends on your internet connection. You are basically streaming to your computer via your internet connection and at the same time streaming from your computer to your TV via wireless. Roku would only be one streaming activity, but that is still a work in progress from what I understand (I also do not have the new Roku, which is what they are working on)

I have high speed internet...was thinking of using my Android phone to bring up the website and stream from there using the Chromecast device.

Thank you everyone for your replies, especially since I did not realize that the Amazon Fire Stick works more like Roku than Chromecast. I think I am just going to go ahead and try the Chromecast way. It is not a very expensive investment. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.