Does a spin bike make any noise?

Kitterfly

Cathlete
Just wondering?got a new one and am a newbie. The flywheel seems to be making a thumping type sound just wanted to know if this was normal or if it needs some lube?

Last edited:
Hi!

We bought ours at the same time from Costco and it is definately not quite!! Ours makes a sound when more tension is added but goes away after a few spins but I don't think I would call it "thumping".

I think that if you have any questions or concerns with it, you could call for a service call. It does come with a 1 year labor warranty before doing anything so you don't void the warranty.

...Cheryl

Mine makes a "shushing" noise each revolution which gets louder as I add more tension. I don't consider it very loud compared to other equipment. If your is new, I would look into having it checked out using the warranty before you try to fix it yourself.

Congrats on the new fitness purchase. They always make me so happy :D:p:D

Thanks for the information, I think the noise I am hearing is normal chain noise and the noise when tension is applied. I have never been on a spin bike before so didn't know what to expect:)
Boy is it going to give me a workout I can tell just by the few minutes I have been on it already. And boy is my backside gonna feel it ;)

Cheryl-how do you like your bike so far?

Thanks again Angela

Hi Kitterfly!

I like the bike alot but boy is my bum sore! My husband put on the padded gel seat cover from his bike but it's not working so I'll going to have to try a different one.

I cannot believe how great a workout it is, certainly different from riding a street bike.

Are you going to use DVD's or not, I bought a Spinnervals DVD with Josh Taylor called Spin and Burn to tide me over until Cathe's comes out.

...Cheryl

FabAbs said:
Hi Kitterfly!

I like the bike alot but boy is my bum sore! My husband put on the padded gel seat cover from his bike but it's not working so I'll going to have to try a different one.

I cannot believe how great a workout it is, certainly different from riding a street bike.

Are you going to use DVD's or not, I bought a Spinnervals DVD with Josh Taylor called Spin and Burn to tide me over until Cathe's comes out.

...Cheryl

I'm excited about trying some DVDs for sure, but I haven't had the chance to look into any yet. I actually wasn't going to get a spin bike yet until the deal popped up at costco :) but glad I did. Of course I can't wait now until cathes spin DVD comes. I'll have to check out the DVD you got. :)Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.