Do you work your Bis and Tris separate

ElaineP

Cathlete
I've been doing X-train for 5 weeks now and I am just wondering if it is necessary to work my tris and bis separate the way X-train is planned out.
What do you do and your reasoning to why you do it that way?

I've been doing X-train for 5 weeks now and I am just wondering if it is necessary to work my tris and bis separate the way X-train is planned out.
What do you do and your reasoning to why you do it that way?

There is no rule! There is no scientific study recommending to work them separately or during the same session.

The only thing I would take into consideration is the assistance feeling you would get after working each muscle group. Normally you should not feel it to the point of not being able to work the other muscle. if it does check your form and get more pointers.

As to x-train you can do the program as it was made or you can accustom it as it suit you.:):) As cathe always says it's your program and you take the decision.

Funny you mentioned this, I did not even recall triceps and Biceps being chaptered separately. I always do cathe's program as set without tweaking too much in terms of splitting muscle group. I know pure lifting programs are not always split on the same patern and It makes a lot of sense:D:D:D:D and do not need further clare-rification (whatever the spelling is):D. Muscle need to be worked out in different ways and this can not be mentioned enough! This apply to those who want consistent improvement. This has always been one of the principle of training.

HTH

Last edited:
I'm one of those people that requires variety in a workout. (easily bored) I may start out doing back with bi's, chest with tri's and shoulders with legs. I usually do two body parts a workout. After six weeks, I will switch it up. For example; chest with shoulders, back with tri's and legs with bi's. Changing it up again six weeks later. MY opinion? Whatever works for you - go for it. You may find a combo you love, and some you dislike big time. Just experiment, find what works for you. There is no right or wrong. This is YOUR workout.

I can't work the 2 muscle groups of bis and tris only and make that the workout. Can't do it. So, I typically do not do either 1) train 1 body part per day, nor 2) splits training

I only ever do the following:

--my own freestyle total body weight training (based on a mish-mash of Cathe DVDs), going as heavy as possible, all muscle groups covered, 3 sets of each exercise, at least 2 exercises for each of bis and tris, 3 for shoulders,chest and back: at least 7 different exercises for lower body, 3 sets of each

--an upper body split using a Cathe DVD: PUB, CTX upper, 4DS upper, LIS Trisets for upper or a KCM DVD

--I like to do Xtrain chest/back/shoulders on its own.

--I do a mash-up of multiple compound moves from KCM DVDS that hits ALL MUSCLE GROUPS CONSTANTLY, hence no need for splits.

This approach works just fine for me: I have clear muscle definition in bis and tris without ever doing a bis and tris only split.

Clare

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.