Do You Think Carrie Bradshaw Would Be Caught Dead in the Sketcher's Shape-Ups?

Jonezie

Cathlete
Ok...Casey'sMom got me going on this one (Thanks fellow Sex in the City friend)...

I have to ask. Do you think Carrie Bradshaw would be caught dead in the new Sketcher Shape-Ups?!? My new meter for any purchase is "Would Carrie Bradshaw wear this? I NEVER watched them on HBO but am now obsessed with all things Sex in the City...the fabulous parts, at least.

Kidding...I'm not really THAT obsessed (or swayed by other's tastes in fashion). But I'm torn...the shoes are comfy and trendy but oh so ugly. Thoughts ladies?

:) Jonezie

Yes, I think she would. Based on some of the god-awful shoes and clothes the character wore in the name of fashion, I can definitely see her wearing them...if they're deemed expensive and trendy enough.:D

LOL...Nope! Carrie Bradshaw would definitely not be caught dead in Sketchers Shape Ups! In fact, the only time she was ever not in sky-high heels was when she got mugged and the guy stole her Manolos...and someone gave her sneakers to walk home in. (see, I told ya I watched this show too much...:D)

In addition to the Sketchers being kinda ugly, I think they'd probably be a little unstable and I'd probably fall and break something... I'll just stick with my Asics or Saucony!

Denise...if you think those are unstable...what do you think about these:

www.shapeupshoes.com

PS...Look at the clogs (Under Shape Up shop). I almost ordered them in black but decided I would surely break something.

:) Jonezie

Yikes! I'd forsee a quick trip to the ER if I tried to wear those... I broke a toe a year and a half ago just opening a door trying to enter a restaurant! ...and I was wearing normal shoes... (I thought it was ironic that food was involved in my injury. I still managed to go in, pick up my order, and hobble out before I collapsed in pain!)

Yikes! I'd forsee a quick trip to the ER if I tried to wear those... I broke a toe a year and a half ago just opening a door trying to enter a restaurant! ...and I was wearing normal shoes... (I thought it was ironic that food was involved in my injury. I still managed to go in, pick up my order, and hobble out before I collapsed in pain!)

That is HILARIOUS! Were you able to eat?

Heck yeah, after I stopped rolling around in pain...Nothing keeps me from a meal!!!

RFLMAO!!! We are soul sisters. In first grade, my favorite aunt took me to McDonald's for lunch. And there was a bomb scare! Everyone evacuated and I was the LAST one out because I had to run back in and save my Happy Meal. That was back in the day when Happy Meals came in boxes, and with cookies.

I don't think she would wear those. She does a lot of yoga and walking and is so darn fit anyway. The shoes look like they just give you a calf raise and my calves are huge already. :eek:

There is a picture of her jogging several years ago in MBTs (the high varitety) which are the shoes sketchers shape ups copied.

I looked into them and have been wearing them since.

There is a picture of her jogging several years ago in MBTs (the high varitety) which are the shoes sketchers shape ups copied.

REALLY?!? In the show...or Sarah in real life? I've heard of MBT's...how did you like them? Did they transform your feet and legs...and posture?

RFLMAO!!! We are soul sisters. In first grade, my favorite aunt took me to McDonald's for lunch. And there was a bomb scare! Everyone evacuated and I was the LAST one out because I had to run back in and save my Happy Meal. That was back in the day when Happy Meals came in boxes, and with cookies.

Too cute! Definitely soul sisters...I'd have done the same thing!! Gotta save the Happy Meal...especially the cookie!

I just checked into MBT's. I thought Sketchers was just another fad-hype thing and had never really researched them at all. After reading info on the MBT site, I'm now intrigued.

Do you like them because they're comfortable, or do they offer other benefits like improving balance, leg muscles, etc? Do you wear them just while running/walking, or do you also work out in them? Sorry for so many questions!

The whole idea seems great...throw the balance off, make the legs and glutes work a little harder.... but i don't know.... i just find them so ugly :( The Reebok easytone sneakers are a little better looking i think.

It was a picture of Carrie jogging with one of her pals.

MBT's are a great piece of equiptment. I used them while doing a TRX class and they definately added a sense of being off balance.

I started wearing them while pregnant for my back, my mom uses them for her knees and my husband uses them for his back.

I did notice my thighs got slimmer...not much but anything helps. I wear them all the time. I have alway had the high style which they dont make anymore, so I dont have any info on the regular MBTs or the shape ups.

Most people I talk to with pain issues swear by them and we all wear them dispite the fact that they are so ugly. I will wear cute shoes now if I have to, but will run back to my MBTs immidiately.

The Sketchers are VERY ugly and they are VERY dangerous. You could easily twist your ankle in them. I got the Reebok Easy Tone. They are very nice looking and very comfortable. As for them toning-I personally did not see a change but like I said they are very comfortable and I am on my feet all day.

Lisa

The Sketchers are VERY ugly and they are VERY dangerous. You could easily twist your ankle in them. I got the Reebok Easy Tone. They are very nice looking and very comfortable. As for them toning-I personally did not see a change but like I said they are very comfortable and I am on my feet all day.

Lisa

Ooh Lisa, thanks! I'll look into those. :)Are they Carrie Bradshaw fabulous?

No, IMO, they are NOT Carrie Bradshaw fabulous. Carrie subscribes to only the highest of fashions. If she was seen sporting a pair of tennis shoes while running in one episode I have to believe it was just the dream of one of the writer's making her a little more "real."

But she is Carrie Bradshaw, OUR Carrie Bradshaw - she normally would never wear tennis shoes. I suspect if she were to really run in NYC it would be in a 3" (yes, not too tall) Jimmy Choo's.

And of course, she would not sweat, she would leap and not run, and all the while she was running at a marathon winner's pace, she would whistle.

Yes, I love my Carrie Bradshaw and cannot wait for the sequel!

No, I don't think Carrie would wear these. I'm sure if the show was still airing, they would have had an episode about these ugly shoes.

My friend has PF. She has been in pain for many months and nothing worked to relief or heal her foot. Her doctor told her to get those shoes and wear them all the time all day long. The shoes do not fit with her personality, but she feels so much relief that she has bought several more pairs to match up to different work outfits.

ETA: Whoops, looks like you have.
Have you seen the flip flop version of the shoes? Now these look dangerous, but these are great to realign one's body from head to toe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.