Do you lift heavier weights after STS

mgm1

Cathlete
I finished 3.5 month STS last week and already miss it. I thought since I was able to increase the weights during the program, when I go back to other DVDs I should be able to lift heavier. Nope, its not happening. Could it be that other DVDs use different speeds and more reps ? I tried to increase the weights during PUB and was only able to slightly increase the weight on triceps. (I so look forward to staring 6 month rotation in the fall. Actually I don't know if I will be able to wait that long:D)
Anyone else also noticed it?

Yup, me too

I also thought I would be able to go much heavier, so when I did BM2, I started with 20's and 10's, and quickly went back down to 15's and 8's (and then eventually 5's, just like Cathe). I think you are right that it's about high reps with little to no rest, so we need to use a lower percentage of the 1RM. I was able to go a bit heavier on PUB after STS, but only a bit -- thanks to the micro-loading.

yup,me to

i did jari love and was not able to increase weight as before sts.july i start p90x.slow or high reps. in that i'm sure i'll notice a difference

laura

I definitely can't lift at 80-85% of my 1RM with the older workouts since the rest periods are so much shorter, but I'm able to lift significantly more since STS. I used to lift a little less or about the same as Cathe in her videos, but now I'm able to use weights that are between 2 to 15 pounds heavier, depending on the body part.

I can go higher on somethings. Not very much higher but a little bit. A pound or 2. My chest area has gotten stronger and my legs definetly. :D Tri's and bi's a little bit, shoulders not so much.

Jenn

I have been doing PP and SS and on PP I am lifting quite a bit more, but not on SS. Makes sense since this is endurance work, not strength work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.