Do you have Tosca's Eat Clean Diet?

bostonwendy

Cathlete
odd request, but I want to make the baked brown rice recipe in this book (the one with roasted tomatoes and oregano). Like a dumba$$, I forgot to write down this recipe before returning the book to the library. Do you have it? can you give me the abridged version?

thanks in advance!

Hi Wendy,

I googled it and I think I found it. It didn't have directions for baking though. :( Does this help?

8 plum tomatoes, seeded chopped and roasted
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion
2 C. Short Grain Brown Rice
1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme
4 1/4 C. low sodium Chicken Stock, heated
Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste

elizabeth - thank you for offering. my library is closed today for veterans day but tomorrow I will end up going to get the book again!

jonahnah - that is VERY helpful, thanks! I think i will bake it just a little longer than normal baked br rice (so maybe 65 mins before i check it). its weird you found it on a google search, i was using bing and couldnt find!

thanks again ladies!

Wendy...I found it but it's pretty complicated. You roast the tomatoes on 400 for 10-12 minutes, then remove and turn down the temp to 375. Then you do a bunch o' stuff in a dutch oven. And finally cook the whole dish, covered, until all liquid is absorbed about 40-45 minutes.

I just wanted to give you the very abridged version in case it's checked out tomorrow. Feel free to e-mail with any questions.

All the Best! Elizabeth

thanks, elizabeth! i finally just joined the forum on tosca's site and searched for it there and voila! its a great book, isnt it?? i am such a library junkie but thinking this is one i really need to purchase...

gracias
=)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.