Distended stomach - Cathe newsletter

AnneMA

Cathlete
I read the Cathe newsletter yesterday about the possible causes of distended stomach and a light bulb went off in my head. I'm a fit girl and have always had flat abs, until I eat something and then it looks like I am 3 months pregnant. I always figured it was because I was thin and maybe had a small stomach. I have IBS, but I never connected the two. Now I'm looking into whether I could be gluten intolerant or changing my diet so see if I'm not bloated after eating.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

What a valuable piece of info, thanks Cathe!

I have the same issue, but have always just blamed it on eating too much. The article in the newsletter has me wondering now if it's more than that.

I read the Cathe newsletter yesterday about the possible causes of distended stomach and a light bulb went off in my head. I'm a fit girl and have always had flat abs, until I eat something and then it looks like I am 3 months pregnant. I always figured it was because I was thin and maybe had a small stomach. I have IBS, but I never connected the two. Now I'm looking into whether I could be gluten intolerant or changing my diet so see if I'm not bloated after eating.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

What a valuable piece of info, thanks Cathe!

I experienced this and went to my doctor to rule out ovarian cancer (bloating can be a sign of this) She also did a blood test to rule out celiac disease. Luckily i had neither! I just watch what i eat. I do notice it gets worse around that time of the month. Good luck! and keep us posted on what you find out!

My gastro did blood tests and they all came up negative thankfully. I've got a friend who has been gluten free for two years and I'm considering getting off of it to see if it makes a difference.

I have the same problem, as soon as I eat I bloat up. I am really trying to now watch what I eat and how much. That article was an eye opener.

Kathy

ME TOO!

This week my stomach has been bloated since monday afternoon. I believe my issue is with veggies. Especially spinach green/red peppers broccoli etc. I love veggies but I think I'm going to have to stop eating them because I hate being bloated. Anyone know of a good multivitamin????

ME TOO!

This week my stomach has been bloated since monday afternoon. I believe my issue is with veggies. Especially spinach green/red peppers broccoli etc. I love veggies but I think I'm going to have to stop eating them because I hate being bloated. Anyone know of a good multivitamin????

I would not want to give up the vegies for a multi vitamin. Maybe try a probiotic to go along with the vegies.

for me, gluten is the culprit. i am not totally GF but working towards it. i will go several days without gluten and then have a piece of toast. i get bloated every time & also feel less energetic. i just love toast and am not keen on the GF store-bought breads. veggies never make me feel bloated like gluten does.

I had bloating, cramps so bad that I was miserable. After a ton of bloodwork (including for Celiac's) I had a food allergy blood panel. I found out I had become severely allergic to eggs, whey/dairy, bananas and (?) red kidney beans! My immune system was terrible and sometimes you can become allergic or sensitive to the foods you eat a lot. I can't explain the red kidney beans but my diet used to include a lot of yogurt, eggs, cereal with milk, cheese, and I'd always grab a banana on the go. A couple years ago I realized I was allergic to strawberries when I broke out in hives.

Life is much better now without the bloating!

for me, gluten is the culprit. i am not totally GF but working towards it. i will go several days without gluten and then have a piece of toast. i get bloated every time & also feel less energetic. i just love toast and am not keen on the GF store-bought breads. veggies never make me feel bloated like gluten does.
I am trying to go gluten free myself. I still can't find GF pita bread.

Have you tried Ezekiel bread? It is gluten free and flourless. It usually runs around $5.09at my store. You have to store it in the frig. It makes great toast. They also have english muffins. I keep both in my frig. I love these products.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.