Disappearing Threads??

kellymom

Cathlete
I've noticed the last few times I've been in the forums that suddenly I'll go to a forum, let's just use "Ask Cathe" for an example, and there will only be 9 threads. Total. I'll click around for a while and then magically everything will go back to normal. What is happening?

For example, right now the Website and Fourms support forum only has two threads for me. I'm logged in. Very confused!

Kelly

ETA: After I post, everything goes back to normal--seems to be the only way to make the missing threads appear.

I once recall a disappearing thread after many people had escalated contraversial views on a popular t.v. show ending. I was glad it disappeared. ;)

It's not like that at all--it's like 95% of all the threads on the site disappear. When I came to the support forum to post my questions it showed that this whole forum had a total of 2 threads. After I posted my question, 5 pages of threads showed up.....

It just happened again for no apparent reason....I'm posting again so all the threads show back up.

It's not like that at all--it's like 95% of all the threads on the site disappear. When I came to the support forum to post my questions it showed that this whole forum had a total of 2 threads. After I posted my question, 5 pages of threads showed up.....

You control the number of threads shown by selecting "from the" dropdown box at the bottom of the forum page (see diagram below)

threads.JPG
http://www.cathe.com/threads.JPG

I swear that's not what's happening. I'll be browsing the different forums, and then suddenly I'll realize I'm missing most of the threads.

The bottom (like you're showing in the above post) will say "Showing threads 1-3 of 3 threads" when I know there are dozens, or even hundreds. Then I'll post, and all of the threads will be back. Did that come across clearer??

Kelly

It's happening to me again today....right now this forum says "showing 1-5 of 5 threads". I'm posting to see if I can get it to straighten out.

Kelly

ETA: Yep, posting a message worked, it now says "showing 1-20 of 66 threads"

It's happening to me again today....right now this forum says "showing 1-5 of 5 threads". I'm posting to see if I can get it to straighten out.

Kelly

ETA: Yep, posting a message worked, it now says "showing 1-20 of 66 threads"
Are you not logged in when you see the problem?

Yep, I'm logged in when the problem happens. It's the weirdest thing--I'll get on the forums and log in and everything is normal--and then at some point during switching between forums things will disappear and the only way to get it back is to post (that I've been able to figure out!)

I wish I were more computer savvy and could give you more helpful information! On the upside, the workout manager works perfectly for me ;)

Kelly

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.