DFW Catheites. Please. I need your HELP!!

JT

Cathlete
Hello DFW Catheites.

Please recommend large apartments or condos I can rent in a good suburb for about $650 per month that is cat friendly environment (I have 2) with outdoor activities within a mile or two. It is desireable for me to have a dishwasher, air conditioning, at least two bedrooms, main floor so I can workout without ticking off the neighbors, and a carport is not necessary. Must be clean and bug-free. And, private message me too!!! Thanks.

If you cannot assist, please refer me to a source that is reliable in the area. I don't want to move into a complex or association that is known for crime, unhealthy, etc...

You all have helped me out so much previously about DFW, which Cathe workouts to buy, barbells, turbo-barre, spin bikes, IKEA and so many others. I do read and take into consideration all responses.

Thanks again.

JT

If you google "apartment locators dfw" it brings up lots of apartments as well as several free locating services. DFW is such a huge area that I think that is your best way of finding exactly what you want. You really can't go wrong with the 'burbs. Lewisville, Coppell, Carrollton, Southlake, Grapevine, Irving, Arlington, Flower Mound, Keller, etc. There are SO many good choices.

You also should try and figure out exactly which area of DFW you are wanting to live in. The DFW area is quite a lot of territory. I laugh when I watch House Hunters and they find a home that is only 10 or 15 miles from their target area since I know that might not be a long distance but the drive is 45 minutes to an hour. I grew up in Fort Worth, lived in North Arlington, and have family in Bedford as well as Dallas. There are a lot of great areas. And you can pretty much count on air condition....not really optional there!

Yeah, don't worry about the AC! It's standard here! I was just checking in to tell you that there is a brand new, really nice complex opening up in Flower Mound over on Morriss. I saw a sign out front this morning that said they are now leasing. I didn't see the name, but if you google the city and street, I'm sure you'll find it. Where are you wanting to live near? Because the previous poster is correct in saying that things are incredibly spread out here, and traffic makes short distances seem much longer.

Good news, I have a realtor.
My goal areas are Carrolton and Addison. I've been using Rent.com and a Texas site.
She sent me a list and I chose three. Areas I am not considering are Arlington, Irving, Ft Worth, Eules and Cedar Hill currently. Rent matches here although I've had a mortgage. Does Hebron Trail sound right? My search is north to northwest of Dallas.
Thank you for the info.

Take some of those cities back
Open to much from what was suggested.
Lot depends on budget, pet friendly for two, and reviews plus availability. May have to fly down early next week.

Hebron area is about 20 minutes from me. We go over there a lot for school functions and concerts. It's a nice, family friendly area.

Ballantrae Springs, Country Trail and Irishman's Creek are few of the names of the complexes. One borders Farmers Branch
Partial list, I haven't checked on reviews yet.

Checked the reviews of above places so my new target is Ft Worth, Arlington and Irving. Carrollton and immediate areas are much higher. Plus the reviews were bad. With checking out cities in MI, I found the reviews were accurate.

I wish I could comment on the apartments. I only know the general areas, neighborhoods and school districts. From earlier years of apartment living, I know the reviews can be much different between single family home subdivisions and complexes even in the same neighborhood.

If you are going with Arlington, north is typically better than south. If you choose Fort Worth, the area near the zoo is very nice but I am not sure if it's in your price range. Around TCU, the university, you can find some nice places as well. My sister lived in Irving for a long time but it's been long enough that I really don't know which areas to mention. Unfortunately, after over 40 years living there I moved so I can't scope out paces for you.

Apartment hunting is crazy along with all the other stuff happening with leaving in 25 days or so. My target area is Ft Worth, there are some decent ones I found in my price range. Need to accomplish some thing still this week so I can start packing. Yes, North Arlington is better than south, I agree. Although, there are two complexes with excellent ratings in the south part.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.