DEEPEN YOU PRACTICE

rafiayunus

Cathlete
Hi guys I ordered Deepen your practice by Vytas which is an advance yoga DVD set and its from the same company "Udaya entertainment" that Ultimate Yogi is from. I have Ultimate yogi and I really love it, the teaching style and cueing of Travis is excellent but the only thing inconvenient for me about UY is the timing of each workout is at least 60 mins or more,...because I usually incorporate yoga with some other form of exercise during the week and this set (DYP) looks like it has shorter workouts along with longer ones which is really good, so when I was ordering Deepen your practice, during cyber Monday sale I didn't had the time to search up all the information about this set, it looked good enough (advance) and some of the reviews said that if you already did Ultimate yogi then you are ready for Deepen your practice cause it is really stood by its name. Now I got it by mail yesterday and when I opened it, it has workout DVDs and a small informative booklet but it doesn't have any rotation calendar that I follow and now I don't know where to start, so I thought I ask my fellow Catheletes if any of you guys have this set and might made your own rotations....
About Vytas (teacher of this set) I only did one workout from this set SHORT AND SWEET-1, which is 20 mins simple stretching practice and I really like his style of teaching,... EXCELLENT cueing very good and so far I think as I was reviewing this set my yoga practice will really advance with this set as I saw some REALLY advance moves.
Any opinion, review or information will be more than helpful and thanks in advance [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thank you guys and yes Justinef, I'll definitely post my reviews but after doing at least few workouts a couple of times from this set, because I'm soooo busy with Cathe these days [emoji6] with her RWH and I sooo love it.
But I'll still accommodate a few workouts from DYP along with RWH here and there.

Hi Rafiayunus,
Have you tried out the DYP practices yet? I'm thinking of buying them.
Do you have or have you had the Udaya streaming service -- if so, how do Vytas's DYP practices compare to his practices on the Udaya site?
TIA!
Roz

Hi guys I ordered Deepen your practice by Vytas which is an advance yoga DVD set and its from the same company "Udaya entertainment" that Ultimate Yogi is from. I have Ultimate yogi and I really love it, the teaching style and cueing of Travis is excellent but the only thing inconvenient for me about UY is the timing of each workout is at least 60 mins or more,...because I usually incorporate yoga with some other form of exercise during the week and this set (DYP) looks like it has shorter workouts along with longer ones which is really good, so when I was ordering Deepen your practice, during cyber Monday sale I didn't had the time to search up all the information about this set, it looked good enough (advance) and some of the reviews said that if you already did Ultimate yogi then you are ready for Deepen your practice cause it is really stood by its name. Now I got it by mail yesterday and when I opened it, it has workout DVDs and a small informative booklet but it doesn't have any rotation calendar that I follow and now I don't know where to start, so I thought I ask my fellow Catheletes if any of you guys have this set and might made your own rotations....
About Vytas (teacher of this set) I only did one workout from this set SHORT AND SWEET-1, which is 20 mins simple stretching practice and I really like his style of teaching,... EXCELLENT cueing very good and so far I think as I was reviewing this set my yoga practice will really advance with this set as I saw some REALLY advance moves.
Any opinion, review or information will be more than helpful and thanks in advance [emoji4]

Let me know what you think. I saw it, was ready to bite, then changed my mind. Would love to hear more about it.

Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm glad you guys ordered the set.
MomlnVT:
No I don't have Udaya streaming service so I can't compare these workouts.
desertambrosia:
I think these workouts are great and they really get you deepen into your practice. Some of the poses practiced in this set are very challenging. I had to watch the poses few times to understand them and try MANY times to do them but I still have to modify some of them but all in all I really love the set.
bayerngirl :
I didn't contacted Udaya. Actually I didn't find much on the Internet about the set like many reviews, good clips or other information at that time but (like you guys) I got this set for $70 (cyber Monday sale) and I couldn't stop myself [emoji6]. Actually what I did is, I did those workouts by their disc order from disc 1 to disc 7 (I didn't do disc 8 yet) and then repeat whichever I want to do more.

DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE
The set comes in very similar packaging like Ultimate yogi. It has 12 workouts:
Disc 1 The Hips 60 mins.
Disc 2 The Core 59 mins.
Disc 3 Inversions 53 mins.
Disc4 Backbends 58 mins.
Disc 5 Twists 69 mins.
Disc 6 Gentle Balance Flow 61 mins AND Short & Sweet 19 mins.
Disc 7 Intermediate Balance Flow 63 mins AND Short & Sweet (# 2) 22 mins.
Disc 8Strong Balance Flow 69 mins., Advance Balance Flow 30 mins AND Short & Sweet (#3) 20 mins.
THE HIPS: Vytas's voice is very calming. This one has hip opener poses after poses. Few poses are advance and hard to do in first attempt but I think this one is not as hard as some other practices in this set.
THE CORE: This one gave me good core workout. IMO this one also is not VERY advance it works my mid section lower body and bit of upper body. Just two or three poses were advance that come near end.
INVERSIONS: Name says it all. I find this one most difficult [emoji33] but still doable. Actually I didn't had any experience of hand stands, forearms stand or head stands and this one teaches you many kind of inversions. First he gonna warn you up then you gonna start hand stand poses and balance and stretching poses in between. When you go to tips from the Main Menu of the disc Vytas gonna teach you how to use wall for inversions (I practice this workout with wall and still need wall for hand stands).
BACKBENDS: This one is way different then ultimate yogi's Backbending class. It has balance poses, strengthening poses. This one is not as hard as Inversions but it will open your rib cage and definitely challenge you especially you balance.
TWISTS: This one is gonna challenge your balance big time. After half of the practice he's gonna give you balancing/twisting poses standing upright or downward on your forearms. These poses are Advance but don't give up (I fell quite a few times) and still learning [emoji4].
GENTLE BALANCE FLOW: As the name says this one is gentle (very easy for me). It has little bit of core, balance, twisting, stretching. So this one is more of a restorative practice then an advance yoga class.
SHORT & SWEET: Personally I love this one as an extended stretch after a tough cardio or strength session. This class will stretch especially your lower body and you gonna feel relaxed.
INTERMEDIATE BALANCE FLOW: After warm up you gonna go straight through a series of strengthening and balancing poses. You gonna work your core, upper and lower body and even do head/hand stands (near end). This class doesn't have too many advance poses, just a few of them but still this one give you a good dose of yoga[emoji5]️.
SHORT & SWEET # 2: Ok this one is not an extended stretch (to me). First 10 to 12 mins are intermediate kind of strengthening yoga flow (for lower body/core) and other half is deep stretching.

I'm not gonna review the last three practices cause I didn't do them yet. I want to be able to do all other classes (most of the advance poses w/o modifications) first, before dive into the last three advance classes.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey ladies,
How are y'all. Did you try DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE, how did you like it ?
Because when I did this series first time I couldn't do it as I did with THE ULTIMATE YOGI but I stick with DYP for a month or two and then Cathe's RWH series came out and I got busy with that but now when I'm trying some of the practices again from DYP, I'm doing really good and I see progression in some of the advance posses so I thought I ask you if you guys are having trouble (with some of the advance poses) too or you got it after a few tries!
Good luck.

Rafia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.