Dancing with the Stars

CAgostini

Cathlete
So, how do you feel about Albert leaving this week?

I must say, I was disappointed. Clearly, Wayne Newton was the weakest dancer last week...I understand he's popular, but really x(

Cathy

Wayne is TERRIBLE!! I didn't think Albert was so great either but I think he improved this week and he's definitely better than Wayne and that billionaire guy.

Carolyn

I agree Wayne should have been the one to go. Albert was very good last week but he wasn't good this week. He seemed to be really struggling with the quick step (it didn't seem to be very quick). As the judges said, Wayne got worse this week. I'm sure he has a wide fan base.

Marcy

It definitely shows that wax-faced Wayne has a larger fan base than the model(otherwise, his lack of skills would have caused him to be the bottom scorer). I just hope he stops doing that 'double revolver point' pose that he seems to favor.

I agree, Wayne should have been the one to go. But, I guess since Dancing With The Stars is 50% dancing contest and 50% popularity contest, these things will keep happening. I think the judges have to start judging a little harder (without being overly nasty in their commentary). They should also try to differentiate their scores a bit more. By giving the same score to so many couples, they in effect, leave the vote up to the public. Perhaps they have to start making use of the really low numbers, even if it seems mean.

The American voting population puzzles me time and time again; at least consistency is being shown with DWTS!

Shelbygirl

I haven't been watching, but caught a brief second while channel surfing during commercials. Only saw one person - the boxer (can't remember his name). But, boy, what a cutie!! Great smile!

At this point in every season the votes are going to be more popularity based.

You have a few couples that are obviously more talented than the rest of the pack. The remaining people are subject to the popularity factor until the talent is brought more into focus. We will see some couples start slipping, and others start becoming more proficient. At that point the vote becomes geared more towards the accomplishments and less on the personality. Every year it has come down to the best dancers, imo, and I think it will continue to do so.

Here’s how I see it:

If let’s say, (insert favorite actor/model/singer/performer etc. here), were on the show and was making a complete and utter fool of themselves and showed there would be NO SIGNS of improvement, I can’t believe I or anyone else would want to vote for them to stay in – it would be too difficult to watch "my idol" continue to make a fool of themselves. Now if they showed that they may have potential that’s a different story. I just can’t see WHY popularity is keeping Wayne in the competition, if I were a “fan” I wouldn’t vote for him for the sole reason I would not want to watch him embarrass himself any further. My vote would go to someone I would want to ensure stays in. Maybe that’s just me

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.