Damage Control

Wow, this week went by fast. I took Monday off, I really needed that extra day. The previous week was awful. Today is my "off" Friday. I just went down to workout and DS2 is on a work call. I'll have to wait until that is finished. It will be so nice to just do what I want when I want. I did finally get in a cardio/leg circuit that kicked my butt.

On the house front, the potential buyers rejected our concession and asked for 3 times that and we declined. We offered to have the 3 items they requested done. Then they came back and wanted more, and we said we are replacing like for like, not upgrading. If they wanted something upgraded, they should have taken the concession and bought what they wanted. Anyway, they finally agreed and signed the contract last night. Its been pretty stressful.

How stressful for your family. Prayers for a successful surgery. Is your dad in good health? Yes, 301 is just Cathe. She must've filmed it after the shutdown.

How are you and your family doing with all this shutting down again?

Well it's 3 AM and I'm up. I can not sleep some nights. I wish I could just roll with whatever comes, but I am such a planner. Maybe the whole shut down is just taking a toll. I did just get a new book on my kindle so that should help me escape.

Glad to hear you got the house all done. It sounds very stressful. At least you have something exciting to look forward to at the end of the month!

I'm not doing much different in my workouts. DH pulled a muscle in his groin so is in rest mode. I'm still walking to and from work and getting some weights in. Thursday was just a 30 minute lower body push/pull. I don't know how much energy I'm going to have with not sleeping well tonight.

Beth

How was your weekend? I got my chores done, finished a good book, and pretty much just relaxed. I didn't even workout Sunday. I'm just not motivated and may take a week off and reset my goals. Laid awake contemplating this last night! This week looks like another hot one here. DH just spot mowed the grass.

Beth

It's been a flurry of activity around here. Today they replaced the water heater, re-routed the sump pump drain, and are jack hammering out the patio around the window well so it can be replaced. No workout today since they were here bright and early. It's so noisy, there really isn't a quiet place to work.

As always, the weekend flew by. I did go take a look at the house. The cabinets, counters and light fixtures are all in. Not what I would've chosen. I'm pretty disappointed with the cabinet choice, at least they are white which I did want. Also, the kitchen layout is not what I would've chosen. I don't understand why they chose the gourmet kitchen option, but didn't select soft close hardware, or and drawers. None of the cabinets have pullouts either. I have all that in my current house. It's so disappointing. We can change the hardware and add pullouts, but that is an additional expense for us. I already want to change all the light fixtures. We've sort of agreed to leave most things as is for the first year while it is under warranty.

I need to set some goals myself. I've been looking at 75 Hard. It's really hard to commit to something with so much going on.

Oh no, sorry you aren't sleeping. I found some stuff online and it seems to work pretty good for me. It's called Resurge. I too am feeling the side effects of COVID and the shutdown. I hope there is a vaccine soon so we can get back to normal. Is back to normal even a possibility? Hang in there, we are all in this together.

Hi. My dad make it through surgery on Friday. My mom is not tech at all and I didn't even talk to her until Sat. morning. He might come home today-waiting to hear what the doctor says about the amount of drainage. I talked to him on the phone yesterday, though, and he sounds good. He likes the food there and is able to eat in small bites.

I jumped back into workouts on Saturday with upper body form LITE pyramid pump. Sunday was lower body from same dvd and a walk.

Dang...heading to work in 5 minutes. How was your weekend?

Beth

Well I'm trying to workout when I can. This morning I did RWH LIHI legs and my legs are already sore. I've been using the On Demand. I prefer the premixes with the DVD's and the ability too pause whenever I need a sec to breath or get water. I can pause my tablet, but sometimes it backs up further than I want. Probably just a learning curve. All my dvd's are packed so this is the next best thing. It's hard with so many people here all the time. DH is still only working 3 days a week in the office. DS2 works from home and is right next to me. I have a headset, but he can still hear me when I'm on meetings. He doesn't have a headset so I can hear him and others on his calls. We are all just doing the best we can. Oh, I took my mother in law up to see the new house and she loves it. The girls are still with us and we are having so much fun with them.

Glad to hear that your Dad came through surgery. I'm sure he will feel much better when he is home and in his normal surroundings. Nice job getting back to your workouts.

I'm still just feeling like I'm going through the motions. I've decided to stick with 1 series for a few weeks just to get some consistency in my lifting and try to make some gains. I started with the LITE series last weekend (pyramids) and did the two stacked workouts mid week. This weekend I'm going to do premixes of the stacked and then do the pyramids mid week. I like premixes too and need to investigate this series more! Still just walking back and forth to work daily.

Speaking of work. Another nurse just resigned and a new doctor started. They need to hire some people! Otherwise it's going fine at work. Will you have your own work space in the new house? Does it have a workout room? You're so lucky to have your grand kids with you!

Getting this weekend started early with my wash and a walk with DH soon. No mask until Monday at 8!

Beth

I'm still pretty stressed with all that is going on. It's nice and peaceful this morning though. The girls spent the night at a friends house, 1 kid has already left for work and everyone is still sleeping. I've started RWH LIHI weights last week and am going to keep with that until we move. Yesterday was a rest day. Today will CLB and abs. It's too much impact for me to do just the leg w/o so I try to add in a straight leg weight and 1 cardio/leg each week. I've been doing a lot of circuits since my body type needs more cardio. I'm losing strength and need to find a balance. The circuits do have weights, but I've been craving some straight weights.

The house is coming along-its basically done, and I was told yesterday that the appliances are in. I will be heading up there today to take a look. They have some touch up paint and that kind of stuff to take care. We have our punch list walk through on Thursday. They said it can take 2-4 hours. This is where we will need to identify anything that is not right and they have to resolve it before the closing the following week. They had the front yard landscaping in and the fence is supposed to be installed this week. They put a crab apple tree and maple tree in the front yard and 2 trees on the side of the house. We are responsible for backyard landscaping though. Thankfully it's pretty small and we are going to try to get artificial turf approved. I will have a space in the basement for my workouts. I'm thinking it can go in the unfinished storage area. It should be big enough for our storage and my workout equipment.

How busy has your office been? That's great that you are walking to/from work. It's been in the high 90's here and it's just miserable to be outside. Nice job with your workouts!!!

Off to enjoy my weekend!!

Hey lady! You getting ready to move?! The house looks beautiful!

I'm not doing much. My dad starts radiation next week for about 6 weeks. He hates having to go 5 days a week an hour away for treatment, but we live in the sticks. One day at a time I guess.

Only did one workout this week-total body giant sets live, light weights. My SI joint has been bothering me since. I might go back to just straight lifting-there were some jump out into plie squat-jump back in-raise arms-do tricep behind the head move. I obviously can't do any impact. It's not worth worrying about getting better. I was feeling really, really good with just walking and the 4 weight workouts/week. When will I learn?

Same old weekend stuff here. Chores, baking/cooking, reading, walking and weights, etc. At least I don't have to wear a mask at home!

Don't worry about checking in..I know you have got to be inundated with moving, working, the girls, etc.

Beth

It's been such a busy week. I was asked to work this weekend but was able to get someone to cover. I was originally planning on taking stuff out of the kitchen cabinets and just putting it in my car and driving it to the new house. The more I was thinking about the stuff I was going to move, the more overwhelming it became. We are already paying for movers, so I'm going to pack up the rest of the kitchen this weekend and the bathrooms, except for 2 towels per person etc. I'm excited and nervous both. Our buyers were asking more questions about the required work we had done. I wish they would've just taken the credit and then they could've done whatever they wanted. They have their final walk through of our house on Tuesday evening and the closing is Wednesday morning. After that, I think we will be moving all our boxes into a single room for the movers.

I've been getting in 6 workouts per week. My diet could be better, but I'm staying in my points range for WW. The scale has moved down a tiny bit, but nothing to brag about. The most frustrating is how my body is changing with menopause. The belly and back fat are most notable. I've been doing the LIHI weights and then my online circuits for HIIT and circuits. Once we get moved in and settled, I'll probably do the 21 day vegetarian cleanse. This week I plan on working out S/S/M/T. The rest of the week probably won't happen. Hopefully I will have my w/o area set up by Sept. 2 or 3rd. We have an unfinished storage area in the basement with 9ft ceiling. It's plenty big enough for our storage shelving and my workout equipment. It will be so nice not to be in the open basement. I'm asking for a Squat Rack for my birthday. I've seen them for couple hundred dollars.

Sorry you SI joint is hurting. That's how I feel about my knee. I just don't do the things I know will hurt it. Five days/week for radiation does seem like a lot. Hopefully it will go by fast. I forget about you having to wear a mask all day at work. I can't even imagine how awful that must be.

Have a great week!!!

My back is better but it always scares me when it hurts. How is the move in going? Are you getting all unpacked? Your view is amazing! Are you doing the vegetarian cleanse?

I'm on maintenance with my workouts and eating. 4 days a week strength and walk every day. Probably the most interesting thing I've been doing is backing up my wake up time by 10 minutes on Mondays. So yesterday I woke at 5:59. Next Monday I'll reset to 5:49. I've been backing up since 6:39 and feel pretty good. My goal is 5:29 and then do weights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings instead of just Tuesday and Thursday after work. I would still do upper and lower on the weekends and walk 7 days a week. I thought I would try this schedule for a month-once I get to 5:29 and see if I like it. If I don't then I'll just reset my alarm to where I like and go from there. It's nice having quiet time to myself in the morning and not rushing!

Flu shots are out here so the constant giving of that has begun! Get yours!

Beth

Well we are finally in the new house. We still have tons of unpacking to do, but the kitchen and bathrooms are good to go. I know we still have a box or 2 of Kitchen stuff in the garage and a few things from the linen closets are still missing. I'm sure they are in the garage too. My workout TV was broken in the move. They packed the stand and power cord on the screen side instead of the backside. They have a claims process that I will be working through for that. I'm also missing a 30# DB. All the other weights are here. You have to have a proof of purchase for the replacement costs. I have that for the TV, but not the DB. I'm hoping it was put in the garage and we will come across it soon. Otherwise I will just buy another one.

We had someone come out and measure for window coverings in the master bedroom and Family room. The quote was more than we wanted to spend. I may be removing 3 windows from the quote and will be starting to look for drapes. DH and I just bought a new bed frame, night stands, and a sectional. It's overwhelming all the things we need to do.

I just started working out on Tuesday. I hadn't worked out since Aug. 24th, other than walking around the lakes in my new neighborhood! I'm doing the Real Time Challenge from Bodyrock for right now and will be adding in some straight strength w/o's. I was hoping to go back to RWH LIHI weights, but I need my 30's for that. I love that they are heavy lifting which I prefer, but the shorter time frame works great for me. I haven't started the vegetarian cleanse yet. I need a few more weeks to get settled in and unpacked before I'm ready for all that meal prepping.

I'm sorry you are not sleeping well. I like your idea of getting up 10 min earlier each week until you reach your goal. How is your Dad doing? What did you end up putting in his care basket?

Happy (belated) Birthday! Glad to hear you are all moved in and getting things organized. You'll be back in the swing of working out in no time. Moving is very stressful and you have to give yourself time to adjust. But it's a good stress!

All your talk of RWH inspired me and last weekend I did CST on Sat., BBS on Sunday and Legs on Monday. They left me nice and sore. We walked a lot and even though I'm up a few pounds I'm feeling good. I seem to gain weight when I'm off.

I worked Sunday morning at the Walk In and we had an outdoor picnic with my family. Other than that I read and just relaxed at home. This would have been the week of our yearly beach vacation for a few days...maybe next year.

I've been working on the gift box for my dad and so far have a case of Fairlife high protein supplements, bendable straws (he's already numb on 1/2 of his face), a music trivia book, some hand sanitizer, and a lap blanket. I'm hoping to have it all together to give him next Sunday. He's having a super hard time drinking coffee so I might get him some coffee thickener. I talked to him about that option and he's not real interested (it's for old people, you know). So I'm debating. He got himself some cream the doctor recommended (Vitamin E). Fortunately, he has decided that other people than just my mom can drive him so Dan is doing Tuesdays, my brother is doing Wednesdays, and his coffee club buddies are doing the other days. My mom will be the back up. They need a break from one another-according to my mom anyway. I think it's a love/hate relationship. She loves him, but hates the situation and takes it out on him. It's pretty awful to witness and the picnic was not real fun. I think I might make a gift basket for her, too.

Have a good week!

Beth

It's been a very hectic week. I also had to work last night until 1:30am. I woke up at 8:30 and logged in to verify everything is up an running and found an issue. I took a couple hours to resolve. I was supposed to have a pedicure this afternoon but DS2 borrowed the truck to move to his new apartment and DH had to work. I was able to reschedule.

I was only able to work out once this week, and walk around the lakes once. It took an hour to walk around both lakes, and this was the first I had done that. Of course, I was talking to my sister on the phone and always when slower when I'm on the phone. It was a nice break from sitting at my desk. I think the only way I can be consistent with my workouts is to get up earlier (5:30ish) and have it done before I start work at 7am.

We finally ordered our window coverings after removing some windows from the master bedroom from the bid. The ones we ordered are due to be delivered in 8 weeks. The beginning of November. I hope they come in sooner. I'm looking for some blackout curtains for the bedroom, the custom window coverings were way to expensive. The house is still a complete mess, but we are going through boxes as we can. The shelving for the basement is currently in use in the garage. We would like to just get through all the boxes in one day, but we aren't all off on the same days which makes it really difficult. I emptied 5 boxes from the garage today. One of them was food. It was marked as kitchen/pantry items and still was put in the garage. We are still missing some bake ware and I have not come across my electric wine opener. Not to worry, I have other wine openers! We are having Closets by design come out this Friday and give us a quote on a closet organizer system. We have a huge closet, compared to our last closet yet it holds the same or less than the our previous master closet. In the previous house we had a custom closet organizer installed with double hanging, long hanging (for my dresses) and shoe rack built in under the long hanging and some open shelving that I used for jeans, workout wear, sweaters and sweatshirts. Our goal is to eliminate our dressers in the bedroom and have everything built-in, in the closet.

Nice work tackling RWH. I like it since the weight workouts are shorter and fit in my schedule. I'm sure your Dad's illness is very stressful for your mom. I think it is great that he has so many friends and family to take turns taking him to his treatment. It is a nice break for your mom too. They are so lucky to have you and you to have them. I miss my parents dearly.

ttyl

OMG-I love the idea of getting rid of your dressers! When everything gets in its place you are going to love this house! It sounds wonderful-and huge. So that's a lot to get organized.

Still just in covid mode here. We got our new TV stand delivered Friday and once all the cords were all the way plugged in everything works again ( I won't even say who didn't plug in the HTML2 cord all the way). It's a nice contrast piece to all the dark wood in our living room. My goal for the room is a Mediterranean style, but we have such eclectic furniture it's going to be a while to fully achieve it. At least we got rid of the plastic-very modern looking TV stand yesterday! It did not go at all. Otherwise not much new. Walking and weights still. During the week I broke up STS total body and did the upper and lower. Yesterday I did a live upper body-toasted trisets. It was fun and it was 8 reps of 3 exercises 3 times through for each body part and included abs. Soccer started yesterday and Liverpool won 4-3-what a match!

Did you see they cancelled the road trip? Too bad. Maybe we could all do a virtual?

Stay safe and don't work too hard! I'm off to make blueberry buckle cake for breakfast.

Beth

Are you getting organized? My week went pretty good. Getting up and going to bed the same time is really helping me feel better. Thursday night I more or less woke up around 1 and then got up from around 2-3:30 and then got up for work at 6. So I did not sleep much that night. Today I got up my usual time and feel ok. I am just trying to accept that some nights I don't sleep well!

I've been walking at lunch so am getting 3 walks in a day during the week. After work I do weights on Tuesday and Thursday, but this week I had a hair appointment Thursday-so skipped a day. Sometimes something has to give. I want to feel like I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. I'm rambling...sorry.

What's on your agenda this weekend? We're playing cards tonight with my parents and I've got my box all together to give him to help him get through the radiation. The first week went really well-5 to go!

Other than that-soccer and pick out a new color to paint the living room if I can talk DH into painting it-which I think I can if he only has to do a little at a time!

Have a good one!

Beth

I worked out T/W/Th this week. I have a workout on the agenda for today. Trying to find some normalcy in these not so normal times has been difficult.

The house is still a disaster. We are doing the best we can though. Everything is just taking a long time to come in. The window coverings won't be here until Nov. The rest of the living room and the bedroom furniture should get here the end of this month. We met with the closet organizer and have the custom closet ordered. It won't be installed until Jan 7th and 8th. Yesterday 3 ceiling fans and the living room rug came in. I am still looking for bar stools for the island, a kitchen table and chairs and a filing system. It's hard ordering online since you can't really see the colors. The TV's will all be mounted the walls on October first. The new bigger tv will be mounted over the fireplace, the current living room tv will be mounted on the wall in the master bedroom, and our current tv will be mounted on the wall in the girls room. We haven't even started on the basement yet. It's not really a priority for us. At some point we will get a tv and living room furniture for the basement.

I'm glad to hear your Dad is doing okay with the radiation. You are doing great with your workouts! There has been too much smoke from all the fires to do anything outside. A new coat of paint makes a world of difference. Out with old and in with the new. It all just takes time. I'm going to try to be better about checking in this week. I think a virtual road trip sounds awesome!!! I'm so looking forward to traveling again. We still need to plan our European trip. :)

Well it's already Wednesday. No workouts to report. I was not feeling well on Monday and only worked for 3 hours. My ears were really hurting so I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and found out I had a double ear infection. She said I have very small eustachian tubes and they were filled with fluid which is what is causing all the pain. I'm on antibiotics and flonase. I haven't had an antibiotic in probably 15 years or more. I'm hoping to start feeling better soon.

DS1 put up my curtains in the office. They look really nice. DH and DS1 will be putting up the ceiling fans/lights in the master bedroom and my office tomorrow. They might even put up the one in the girls room. It will be nice to have some overhead lighting.

How has your week been going?

Just going through the motions here. Walk, work, etc. We have to wear shields over our glasses now at work and are back to taking temps at the door. Case numbers are rising so new precautions put in place.

Are you starting to feel better yet? It should only take a few doses of abt to start to. Take some tylenol for the pain, too if you still have it.

DH really doesn't want to paint the living room. So...we're not. It's not worth a fight. It's still a good color, I just wanted a change!

Beth

So Thursday night I did Metabolic Bootcamp-live. I think I'm burnt out with my routine and am going to do whatever I feel like doing for a bit. Friday I just walked and today I'm feeling like I want a "heavy" form me leg day. Do you have any plans this weekend? Still unpacking? We might take a ride to get some apples-the leaves are getting really pretty. Other than that...just enjoying not wearing the mask and goggles for a few days!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.