DaMaGe CoNtRoL TGIF!!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I think its been a while since I started the thread!! Where is Belinda??:eek:

Up to get my workout done. I was thinking a small run and the disc 20 but now Im thinking a TM run mixed in with disc 20. I also should have went to bed earlier. Every time I get up to workout before work, my dad always ask what I am doing and why I am up so early and he isn't quiet about it:confused: Drives me nuts! One of these days he is gonna wake DS up.

Im going to read yesterday thread...then I shall return!

Lori:)

So I have a problem...and I am sure everyone goes through this but you know me....motivation is never my problem. Im not enjoying running anymore. It use to be something I did for fun and I was good at it. Now it takes every ounce of energy I have to tie up my sneaks and hit the road. Am I burnt out? Is it mind games b/c I am training for another marathon? Or do I need a break? Am I not getting enough rest? Is something missing from my diet? Should I take a multi? I don't mind running this morning but I went yesterday and I had to PUSH myself just to do 10k! 10K!? I feel lazy, even though we know I'm not. Just going through this slump and going through the motions at the same time and just crossing my fingers that it soon passes.

There! Got that off of my chest! So yesterdays workout was PH UB and abs, and then 10k outside.

Wendy** You reordered workouts? LOL That's why I don't get rid of things I don't use cause it always comes back to bite me. And you confused me for a minute. I was thinking that I had the BBTS dvd and loaned it out.....but did I? I don't think so! But I don't know!:p MUST - FIND - DVD!

Laura** Sorry to hear of your loss. Was she an older lady? DH's grandmother is floating on air these days. She is in her 80s but isn't admitting to how much pain she is in and we think she is taking way to many tylenol. She use to be so happy,upbeat and chatty but now she just sits there. She is still happy but doesn't really talk anymore. They are trying to convince her to go into this new nursing home that just opened up but she is being very stubborn. SHe is going downhill fast.

Diana** When I want new music I just listen to the new stuff...like that top 100 or something like that. Congrats on selling the jeep! We have ours up for sale, did I tell you that already? Im not sure what I will buy after thats gone!

Ok...have to get this workout started! BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning.

I see that LORI must not have been fully awake when she started the thread because there is no one here by the name of Belinda! I believe you got us confused with your other check in! :p

PURE CARDIO is done. Great sweat! :D

Lori:: IDK. Not like you to be burnt out. I think perhaps it's the whole marathon/race training thing. I never knew you to get burned out on running before at all and now suddenly you are? I think it's training. You are used to doing what you want and (like you said) doing it for fun but now that you are training for a 2nd marathon basically back to back with your first one, you are probably feeling pressure and are not used to it. What to do about it? Well, that's up to you. Continue to push through and hope it passes...take a break and chance not being ready for the race....or blow off the race completely and do another one down the road after you've had some "breathing room" so to speak. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I never sold off work outs I stopped using I would literally need an entire ROOM to keep them all in! I HAVE to sell some once in a while but I should have known better then to sell those Cathes. Oh well. Live and learn.

GTG in the shower now. BBIAB!

Ciao Bellas!

Hi Ladies,

Wow, I was beat last night after class. Think I fell right to sleep and slept like a rock all night long. My back is a little sore from sitting in a hard kitchen chair and working yesterday.

This morning is Cardio Core and Balance. I was actually planning on doing leg weights instead, but my legs are fried this morning. Bootcamp is really taking a toll on my legs. The running, hills, elevated lunges, jumps....oh yeah...lets not forget the impact of insanity too. I've only done UB weights this week. My rec ctr is closed for mtnc but will be open next week and I will start up my weight training again then.

Lori-I agree with everything Wendy said. Maybe you just need a break. Hard to do right now while you are training for a marathon. Our jeep was a spare vehicle, nice to have but was a money pit for us.

Wendy-Pure cardio is awesome....love those pushup jacks at the end! Nice work.

bbl

Diana,

Cardio Core and Balance is a nice w/o to change things up and take it a bit easier when doing Insanity. I will have to find some place to put it in my rotation. Maybe if I find that I don't need 2 rest days, I can do that in place of one of them. :)
As for the jack push ups at the end of PC...I happen to HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p LOL
Smart to give the legs a rest. Sounds like they need it! Enjoy it while it lasts cause I know it won't last long!!!! ;)

TGIF

Morning Ladies ..

Last night's class was a small one .. and man I was DRAINED .. SOOOOO not like me .. my legs were like lead .. and I had ZERO energy .. couldnt do the class I wanted .. I did a dumb downed 4 step class .. it took ever ounce of energy to do it too ... IDK what the problem was .. other than I did take a musinex ystdy to break up the flehm in my chest that has been nagging me .. and I dont do well w/musinex .. it works .. but makes my heart beat too fast ... so I am HOPING that was the problem .. BUT I still managed to create some DOMS in the core and legs ;)

Lori ... if you were a NORMAL person I would say you are burned out .. your body is telling you to rest! Taken into account you are NOT normal ... LOL .. IA w/Wendy .. prbly the marathons back to back.. and the different training you are doing .. but my advice would be to take a breather .. put the sneakers up for a week .. and let the body recover ... JMO~!

Wendy .. LOL .. I am like Lori keep ALL my workouts b/c I am afraid I will want to go back to them .. I even have the FIRST JANE FONDA workout AND the first CATHE workout (I have to keep these just for memories) .. LOL .. and YES I have a complete seperate room devoted just to my workout library and studies and extra equiptment i cant part with ..

DI .. I am w/Wendy I HATE the pushup jacks .. kills my lower back .. I always modify them and do my own version of them ... I cant wait to hear from you after you do my TORTURE mish mosh class :eek: ...

Jacque ..where are you .. hope work is not holding you captive!!!

OK .. soooooo .. today is a rest day for me .. my aunt and I are going over to our neighbors house and taking food .. I DREAD it .. it is going to be sad .. she was THE SWEETEST lady ever .. .and her husband is devestated .. she was NOT elderly .. probably around 60 or so ... she had asthma .. had an attack and couldnt get it under control .. didnt have enough breath to inhale thru her inhaler .. which put her into cardiac arrest .. just devestating for her family ... she was kind of like a leader of our little community .. always smiling .. always kind ... always helping anyone and everyone she could :( just sad!!!!

Anyway .. rest today .. tmrw I am hitting BH weights w/SIL .. then we have tax free holiday .. so I AM GOING SHOPPING :eek: yes ME .. gonna get some clothes for our Vegas trip!!! ok have a great one .. and great sweaty workouts :D

Hi Girls,

Well it was actually Cardio Recovery today...which worked the legs too!:p CR and PH abs are done.

Wendy-I struggle with PC, I always seem to need to hit the pause button right before the sprint/lunge segment. I'm trying to eliminate that break since the exercise after that is easier and I can catch my breath then. Although I like the pushup jacks at the end, I can't do the full minute...usually about 6-8, then break....then 6-8 more etc.

Laura-It's probably a combo of the high heat you are having and the medication. We have mid 90's for today through the weekend...I hate it this hot. Hugs to you, sorry about your neighbor..a sad story for sure. Enjoy your TAX FREE shopping. Wish we had one of those.

Off to shower and get my butt to work. bbl

Laura:: Such a shame that your neighbor/friend died so young of such an awful thing. :( I'm sorry. (((HUGS))) I think it may very well have been the mucinex messing with you last night during your class. I'm sure your next class will be kick-@ss just like they normally are! :D We have our spare bedroom upstairs where I have stored equipment I don't use in the past but if it's up there it gets forgotten about and that's not good so I try to avoid that. I can't wait to get a bigger house so that I don't feel so compelled to get rid of stuff. Actually though, part of the reason I sell stuff is because it justifies my need to buy more! LOL If I make some $ selling stuff I don't use then I put it towards the purchase of something new and it makes me feel better about it. See? There's a method to my madness! ;):D

Diana:: I do alright with PC but some of the moves I certainly do struggle with! I won't take extra time to rest between moves but there are some moves (like jack push ups) that I just can't get thru without a rest and/or move modification of some sort in the middle of it. :rolleyes: So I am toying with throwing a week of P90X weight work into my Insanity rotation this coming week instead of using the Bob work outs. I am curious to see how I do with it bc I keep coming back to finding myself wanting to use those work outs! If I can handle it, I may leave it in for the duration. We will see. Wish me luck! ;)

Last edited:
Hi All::cool:

Sorry for not posting for awhile--- BUSY is my middle name, getting ready for Tucson leaving tomorrow. Plus, having to finish the seminar I took and then getting my classroom back in order for first day of school Aug 18th:rolleyes:

Miss you all-- where's Jacque? I'll try to check in when we're in Arizona. Sounds like the Glassboro RT was fun; considering going to Houston in October.

Love and lots of pushups and punches,

Jen
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.