Daily Check in Tuesday August 13th, 2019

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Today I did more SSOD - another bootcamp but for the lower body. 30 minutes with no rest at all. whoa. I did my own long stretch.

Anita - what???? school starting already? in the summer? My kids (and myself), have never started school before the Tuesday after the first long weekend in September. That's the rule here.

Have a good day everyone.

Ceci — Girl, you’re up EARLY! I came here to post thinking I would be the only one up. You beat me! ;)
We are in Colorado. School starts early. But it also gets out early — Memorial Day Weekend. I’ve never been in a state where this was the case. I think it might have to do with the snow and the agricultural rhythms. There are a lot of cattle ranchers here. But who knows?

Getting the three big kids off for their first day of school this early AM. Was going to go to the gym with the toddler but she’s got the sniffles (so childcare will likely turn us away). Might have to do Gym Style Chest and Triceps with my exercise bands instead of weights. It’s a LOT of pushups, so it’s not totally out of the question. (Hmmmm....)

We moved here about a year ago and the first year was catastrophic. So I haven’t had a chance to paint and decorate the “new” house. I am now in the depths of that. Trolling YouTube for DIY ideas and free printables. Obsessed, but loving it. :D

Have a great day, y’all!

Hi all

Today was Cardio Hiit Metabolic Live.

Anita - did you move from another state to CO? Do you like it?

Ceci-school does not start here until the Tuesday after Labor Day as well but we attend until the end of June.

Have a great day.

Isn't it cold and snowy?

It’s super dry here so the heat is not as hot and the cold is not as cold. The snow is also all powder, not sloppy and heavy like everywhere else. Even if it snows several inches, all I have to do to clear it off my car is run my wipers and drive around the block. It just blows right off. And it melts really quickly. Snow on the ground at breakfast, green grass at lunch.

The nighttime temps are also way cooler than the daytime. So even if it’s 100 degrees during the day, you’ll need a light jacket if you’re porch sitting at 9-10PM. And there’s always a breeze. We’ve had to wear sweatshirts the last two Independence Days to set off fireworks!

The lack of humidity means there are also waaaaaay fewer mosquitos. Almost none bother you when you’re outside. It’s also sunny most of the year. And since the altitude is so much higher, the sun is STRONG. I don’t get seasonal affect in the winter anymore and I’m not stuck in the house all summer due to the heat and flying pests.

It’s not all sunshine and roses. Like anyplace, there are irritations. But on the whole, Colorado has totally spoiled me. Watching the sun set over the Rockies off my front porch every night is totally worth it.

Hi ladies,

Abveyera, I was born in VA, and graduated high school and college in NC with a few other states in between.

My husband's brother and wife live in Loveland, Colorado and they love it.

We have visited once and took all the boys . Did a whirlwind trip trying to see as much as we could. Funny thing is middle son is waiting to hear back from a job he interviewed for in Colorado Springs. So we are all in limbo waiting to see if we have to move him cross country.

Today I stayed home and did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox main workout for 48 minutes. Finally got the blue ray player to play the CD with sound.

It was a good workout.

Rain here today.

Have a great day and workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.