*****^^^^CT Tuesday^^^^*****

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Klaudia - Ouch! Hope DH is doing better, but how scary!!!
Katie - How are you and the little bean feeling??
Nina - Glad you guys found a house. It is hard to find the perfect house, but finding one that is close is pretty good.
Wendy - Sorry about JJ! Poor guy, that sounds miserable to have! Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.
Hi Clintoya, Colleen, Anne, and all!

Of course as soon as I get on to post my baby wakes up. Seriously, it's been a long couple days. Saw about 8 open houses and then back to the grind all day Monday. Did get to wo. Did 4ds kb and GS bi's. Okay, P is up. Gotta go.

Morning all,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I had to do some last minute studying for my last exam that I took this morning. I'm glad it's over. I think it went well. I have a week and a half to "relax" before my summer term classes start. I wish it was slightly more time but I need to get started because I need to finish early. The summer term ends August 6 but we leave July 30 for our med cruise.

The cold I had is fading. I am going to skip cardio today because I was up late studying and got up early this morning to study. I also have Annabel's swim class this afternoon.

Yesterday I started FF's Jan rotation so I'm with Nina and did c/t from pyramids and mm. I have some major doms today - good stuff. I am also considering doing the 100 push up challenge. It really bothers me that I can't do the push ups in chest workouts.

Lisa, sorry about the house hunting madness! Always seems that once we get on the computer, the kids want our attention! :)

Kate, I hope you are having a fabulous vacation and that everyone is feeling good.

Katie, how was your day? How are you feeling? Did Frank make it back yet?

Nina, how do you have time to workout as much as you do with kids around? You're crazy! Hope something works out with the house soon. Are you doing the FF rotation MWF?

Becky, sorry about your unplanned trip to the hospital. Hope everything is ok. Great job getting your WO in.

Anne, I'm so glad you had such a good weekend. I love hearing how upbeat you are all the time. How fun that you have purpose to get your house all ready for TCB. :)

Clintonya, a walk in the sand sounds fabulous! I was thinking today how much I miss Arizona. The skies are gray and it's cold and damp and I just want to feel heat on my shoulders.

Wendy, sorry about JJ. I hope he's feeling better. I'm glad you got yoga in and hope you were able to get to the gym for the bl challenge.

Colleen, how do you like the iPad? Sorry about your meeting? SJP = so fun.

Klaudia, I am so sorry to hear about D. How scary. I hope everything is ok. Glad you got to go to camp with Danica.

Well, I'm going to relax a bit and watch a couple of prison break (I've become obsessed) episodes before I pick up Annabel for lunch. Ellie's on a field trip today so it will just be the two of us.

Have a great day all!

Morning ladies! Angie, glad your test is over and your cold is fading. Lisa, me and my bean are great, how 'bout you and yours?;)

Frank is home, he flew in Sunday night and he is at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD (really it is basically downtown DC). His schedule is so crazy right now that it looks like we will have to wait until the weekened to visit him.

Yesterday was a rough day, hoping today is better. I am still so swamped and frustrated at work. They are doing interviews for our new person, though!

Good Morning Girls !

Welcome back Angie ! Yay for your break from school . Hope you can enjoy it !

Yesterday was so long !!! My MIL had another "attack" just after lunch, right before we went to visit. Now they strongly suspect her esophogus is the biggest problem and I'm sure they will schedule a scope/balloon procedure. But the cardiologist also said that while her EKG was okay (we were told it was normal) , that it was NOT normal and he wants some more tests run to figure out what is going on. They are transporting her to Cincinnati today to a hospital that specializes in heart problems (Becky?? it may be your hospital. I can't remember which one you work at) for tests.

I did a relaxing yoga sequence last night before bed to help me wind down after the day .
Today I get to choose my cardio and I have no idea yet. Maybe a fun step workout, maybe a long walk outside......

Uggghhhhh, Becky, how stressful! A good, sweaty cardio session is the best stress relief!

Last night after work I took a 25 minute walk with Collin and the dog, then did triceps from GS. This morning I did a 30 minute run, tonight I will do one body part from GS - probably back.

Collin and I have to go to the dentist this afternoon - and I am THRILLED cuz it means I get to leave work early. How SICK is that?

Morning!

Boy am I tired! We got home from camp at 9:45 and I didn't get to sleep til midnight! But it was fun-except for the food. I should've packed my own-no one could believe that I would eat that and apparently my tummy didn't either:( I did get a good workout in-climbed a 40 foot rock wall and went on a 2 1/2 mile hike. Good news!! Darrin doesn't need surgery!! He got lucky with the location of the cuts and fractures. He will have close to 100% mobility back, too. What a relief! Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes-it totally helped! Today I start my own rotation: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274986 I can't wait!

Angie, Darrin and I were obsessed with Prison Break when it was on here! Not to mention Wentworth Miller-hubba hubba!;) Good job on your exam!

Lisa, it was scary! I just saw his hand unwrapped last night-not pretty.

Katie, sorry abut your crazy day! I hope you and Collin can go see Frank soon. And I hope you get the new help hired!

Becky, scary about your MIL! Hope they find out what's wrong and get it fixed fast!

fly by here - i am taking the boys to the pool this morning. it is so hot and humid - sorry angie, but i'd love a dreary day!

katie, sorry for all the work stress. ikwym about being glad to leave early for even a dr appt. great great great job with the wos!

klaudia, wonderful news about darrin. i will try your rotation next i think - it looks great.

lisa, my little guys are here trying to push buttons on the computer too! any of the houses you look at work? we need to get some money off the rent i think:confused:

becky, i hope your mil feels better. that is scary. how far are you from cincinatti?

angie, yday i got up at 4:20. also worked out at quiet time. most days don't go like that, but i just got up too early;)

off to the pool. feeling kind of weird today. bbl

Thanks for the kind words and support . I'll keep you posted.

I ended up going for an oldie. In fact, it's been so long since I've done it that it felt like a new workout ! I did Step Max! Great, sweaty workout (humid here too) and I could get past the dated outfits but *shudder* ......all the whoopping and WOOOOOOOOOO and "you look HOT " was a little much !!!!:rolleyes::eek::eek:

Still have core to do. I think I'll find something with planks !

It's going to be around 80 today and it's beautiful this morning, sun shining , birds singing. I wish we had a pool ! Of course, in Ohio, it wouldn't be opened yet anyway.:(
Everyone going to pools or at beaches ...........Have fun! I wish I were there !!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Hi Everyone!

Another all day meeting and somehow I have to figure out how to get my work done too. So frustrating since this was not planned but should have been. I will get through it. This morning I did a 2 mile run followed by KB Surge - Surge 3 to the end. I bought new running shoes last Friday and they felt great this morning.

Katie, LOL the Naval Hospital is downtown DC. I live about 15 minutes away and I don't consider it downtown DC. Good thing he is there - it is a lot nicer than Walter Reed.
Becky, I hate it when you can't get a straight answer from doctors. How far is the new hospital from you? It's fun to pull out the old workouts.
Klaudia, I saw your rotation on Sunday and it looks great! Good job putting it together.
Nina, it is hot and humid here too. I can't wait for this humidity to break. It is too early for it.
Angie, glad you are done with your semester but sorry the break is not longer. I hate colds that linger so I hope yours goes away soon.
Lisa, 8 houses in one day? That is a lot. Hopefully you will find one soon!

b: buff smoothie, scrambled egg whites
l: garden salad w/ tuna, couscous
s: strawberries & yogurt
d: ???

morning!

colleen, your eats sound great! do you buy egg whites or do you separate eggs/ and then what do you do with the yolks?

klaudia, you guys must be so relieved, that is incredibly lucky about darrins finger. not sure id be able to play nurse, though, if i had to see it unwrapped i might throw up. i am terrible with stuff like that.

katie, so glad frank is home finally! funny looking forward to the dentist - does collin feel that way, too?

becky, lol about step max! i have a hard time with dated moves and outfits - the butt floss is too much!

angie, you are kicking some major butt in your classes! do kids gohome for lunch everyday?

nina, have fun at the pool! theres one in this complex and believe it or not we have not gone in yet. its hot here too but not humid.

JJ is much much better. he's also getting 2 molars so the fever could have been that. i think the ABs have set in now. DH didnt start work until late and i was able to get to the BL challenge. it was outdoors and theres 3 teams. 1 mile warmup then cycle thru a circuit of 1 minute stations - partner oblique ball switch, jumping jacks, step ups, squat jumps, partner rows w/tubing, biceps w/ tubing, mountain climbers, etc. all kinds of moves all mixed up. it was a really good workout, i hrt circuits. im feeling my obliques and my upper back this am. my only complaint is the cheerleader type yelling at people things like "you're only cheating yourself". JM gets away with that because she also spends a lot of time and is supportive of the ppl shes coaching (and cuz shes a star!). personally i dont give a flying leap what that lady says, i know what i can and cant do and i dont cheat myself. i just swore at her under my breath, lol. but i can imagine how someone brand new to working out, very overweight, looking for SUPPORT and maybe not even sure what they can and cant safely do might not find that helpful. sorrry for the ramble, but it reminded me why i dislike the show BL to begin with, lol. still gonna rock the competition though =)

eats yday...
b - cheerios, 1/2 banana, greek yogurt
l - roast beef, swiss, lett, tom, mustard on wheat
d - spinach salad, beets, carrots, corn, pecans, feta, baked tofu
i did bake lemon squares but sent 3/4 of the pan in to work with DH. i had 1 -- small setback, barely a blip. and the remainder is in the fridge for DH and JJ.

today...same breakfast. we may be heading out to the zoo after nap. not sure yet what/when where to eat.

Holy crap, how did I forget we were upgrading a server today and needed to test it? I seriously need to keep better track of my calendar. Yikes.

Anyway, bad news from my parents' house. :( My dad has a really bad cold or the flu. I found out he was not feeling well when my sister called on Sunday, but then she called me at work yesterday. The person who looks after my mom twice a week went to their place yesterday morning and said things were definitely not good. She talked to my sister and said she could stay overnight with them and my sister rearranged her schedule to come out two days early (she was planning to come on Thursday, but is on her way today instead). I feel so guilty that I didn't drop everything and rush over to them, but I did not want to go. I spoke to the person who was there and she said she was happy to stay with them and was taking them to the doctor this morning. I presume she has been in touch with my sister today, but have not heard from anyone. Yuck. I hate this stuff.

Sorry for the self absorption. I will try to catch up on personals later.

anne

anne, for what it is worth, i totally get it and do not think you are self absorbed. think about it - if you had dropped eevrything and run over there, what would be different/better? would they feel better? would you, truly? or is everyone's needs being met? just saying....

wendy, wtg with the pc with the lemon squares. i wish i had your willpower.

colleen , good luck getting you work done.

well, i went for a swim, then took the boys. they were so tired by lunch time that both took a nap and i did some yoga:) eats have been good, but i need to rein in my pc. i was changing at the gym, and these 2 tiny women were talking about dessert at the cheesecake factory. how do people eat that stuff and npot get huge? i think if i just look at cheese cake my thighs and rear grow a size! must get aidan - he is wide awake now. bbl. oh, and going to check another house out tonight. by sunday, we need to make a decision.

Thanks, Nina. My sister is there now and my dad is in the hospital. He has a slight touch of pneumonia and may have some damage to his heart. He was very, very dehydrated. My sister said once they pumped him up with liquids he perked up considerably. She also said everything is fixable and she expects him to be out in a couple of days. She is there taking care of things and I'm going to let her.

A swim sounds so nice, Nina! I did run tonight and thought of you and all the miles you log. I just did 30 mins, but it was nice to get outside.

Wendy, I love circuits, too. I think it's because I don't have to do one thing for very long, LOL! I have no attention span whatsoever, especially when it comes to exercise.

Colleen, I hate all day meetings, so sorry!

Becky, how is your MIL? Improving, I hope. I just found Step Max on video when I unpacked the basement the other day. I might have to try it again. Butt floss is very nostalgic for me because I started working out in the early 90s when it was all the rage.

Klaudia, what good news about D! I'm so glad.

Katie, how are you doing today?

Angie, congrats on your exam!

Lisa, did you find a house yet?

Hi Kate and Clintonya! Who else did I miss? Hi to whoever it is and sorry!

I'll be back in the AM.

anne

Colleen, sounds like Darrn's job-they expect so much from you guys! I so need new running shoes!

Wendy, great attitude about the challenge! Working out with Cathe, we've gotten spoiled with a great motivating instructor. I can't deal with many others anymore. Did you go to the zoo?

Anne, so happy to hear your dad's doing much better! Don't feel bad about not going. My parents live 20 minutes away and I just don't have the time right now to help them like I want-my mom needs her house cleaned and organized before she starts the remodel and I haven't helped at all. You go when you can.

Nina, how was the pool? I can't wait for that kind of warmth! You feeling better now?

Anne, I hope your dad is going to be okay !!

We just got home from taking my MIL home .
She had a cardio cath today and they found a small blockage in the bottom of her heart. Not big enough to need surgery so they said they could control it with medicine and they let her go home. It all happened so fast that we didn't get to talk to a dr and we don't know what happened about having the scope done ....? But she is thrilled to be back home and hopefully she starts feeling better soon !

Dh had the afternoon off and we spent every minute of it working in the yard. Planting the garden, raking , moving a wood pile, mowing and fertilizing, filling bird feeders....it was beautiful out today & it was so nice getting so much outside time and getting so much work done !
I got a bit of a sunburn !

Thanks again for all the well wishes for my MIL. She is one TOUGH lady & she always seems to bounce back !!

Goodnight !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.