Crosstrainers???

amhess

Cathlete
I'm looking for a good cross trainer, something other than running shoes that will provide me the stability for my step workouts. I'm 5'10'' and a tad overweight (would like to lose about 10-15 lbs), so an underpronator that needs good cusioning and stability. I usually shop Zappos.com since it's free shipping and tough for me to find things in a size 11.

I'd appreciate any advice or let me know what you use for your step routines.

Anne

Hi Anne

I've use Avia crosstrainers since last year specifically for step, I have low arches, they're really comfortable. There's a company, called FootSmart, we get a catalog from, it has shoes for specific types & stabilization.

I get mine at department stores, I have to try them all!:)

Linda

Hi,

I used to use Running shoes for aerobics, but started to have some joint trouble, probably due to the lack of lateral support. I went back to Avia and I am doing just dandy! I use my crosstrainers for all of my aerobic and weight training. I am not going down that other road again!

I'm in your "shoes" .... 5'11" and wear a size 11. I just ordered my 3rd (or 4th?) pair of Asics from Zappos. They arrived the next day! I got the GT-2140s, which have excellent arch support (though I still change out the insole because my arches are so high). I think the 2140s are last year's model so they are actually on sale, but I decided to stick with what made my feet happy.

I wear these shoes for all my workouts, which lean more toward step and kickboxing, though last year I ran a lot. Very comfy.

If you buy Asics, always order a 1/2 size larger. Read the reviews - people love them!

Thanks for the replies ladies!!! I appreciate it. Dayna - I wear Asics for running and love them and my old cross trainers were Asics as well, but they were discontinued. As I was looking on Zappos just now, I did run across the one's you mentioned 2140's, so maybe I'll give them a try. I do have to go a half size bigger (normally a 10 1/2 in normal shoes), so find the 11's are perfect for my athletic shoes.

Hopefully I'll have better luck as I just received some Ryka's from Zappos in an 11 and too small and they don't go larger than that so out of luck there.
Thanks,
Anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.