CrossFit Advice?

elsie3

Cathlete
My friend does CrossFit, and her place is doing a free week next week for people to try it out. My friend invited me, and I'm excited to go--I've been very curious. Any advice?

What footwear is recommended? I wear my Vibrams for all my workouts except running (including HiiT).

My friend does CrossFit, and her place is doing a free week next week for people to try it out. My friend invited me, and I'm excited to go--I've been very curious. Any advice?

What footwear is recommended? I wear my Vibrams for all my workouts except running (including HiiT).

I just finished 2 months of cross fit (purchased a groupon). Anyway, I always checked the web site before heading into class to get a glimpse of the WOD. If it was a running WOD, I wore my running shoes, otherwise, I wore my Nike Frees. Hopefully they go over proper form with you and teach you the mechanics of olympic style lifting...my first month was learning the basics, second month I was doing the WODs. I kind of miss the workouts, but I don't miss the commute and the membership costs. I say "go for it"!!!

I just finished 2 months of cross fit (purchased a groupon). Anyway, I always checked the web site before heading into class to get a glimpse of the WOD. If it was a running WOD, I wore my running shoes, otherwise, I wore my Nike Frees. Hopefully they go over proper form with you and teach you the mechanics of olympic style lifting...my first month was learning the basics, second month I was doing the WODs. I kind of miss the workouts, but I don't miss the commute and the membership costs. I say "go for it"!!!

Fabulous advice (as always :)). Thanks!

Not sure if Crossfit had any effect on my running, but I did PR in a 5k 8 weeks after starting Crossfit. We had a few WODS that involved sprints and a mile for time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.