Creating Video @ 10% for 12 Hours

stepitup

Cathlete
Hi SNM,

I have installed the latest WB on my Windows XP machine and was able to successfully use WB (i.e. dragging in videos, previewing, etc) up until actually trying to create the video. I started the process 12 hours ago and the status bar has not moved since. I know that the process can take quite a while so I let it run over night. What do you suggest from here? I'm guessing it is hung up somewhere. Should I kill the process, uninstall/install again? Any settings that should be changed?

TIA!

SNM,

I've installed the WB on a freshly re-imaged Win XP machine and am getting the same results. I reimported my workouts before clicking the Create Video button, but it does not move past 10%. The videos I am using as my source are Intensity, CTX Power Circuits, 4DS LIS and Body Max. Are there issues with any of these DVDs? I re-downloaded Intensity last week as well. Also, the files reside on an external hard drive. Could that be related? I do not have space on my local drive for all the source files.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Hello stepitup,

I think that you do not need to re-install yet, but please try this process first to see if it solves the issue of the program getting stuck at 10%:

http://cathe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280095

This usually clears up this kind of problem and we are addressing the "automatic" removal and rebuilding of this folder in newer versions of the Blender.

If you still have the problem after going through the process recommended, please let us know and we will begin troubleshooting from there. Thanks!

Hi Curt,

I tried this, also removing 2 of 3 DVDs, and leaving 3 clips from Intensity. Good news, it got all the way to 80%. Bad news is it sat there for hours.

Any other recommendations?

Hi stepitup,

Is there any way that you could check on the installed versions of Quicktime in your system? Usually at the 80% error, I recommend the process that you already tried to clear it up, and it usually does. But since you have already done that, I think we need to look elsewhere. However, in the mean time, if you want to try the process again, but this time uninstall Workout Blender first through the control panel in your system, then go through the process of removing the invisible folders, then re-install everything fresh, that might help. We haven't encountered this particular sequence of errors before, so unfortunately we will need to try a few things in order to determine the problem. Thanks!

Hi Curt,

The quicktime version is 7.6.9 (1680.9). I will uninstall from the cp, deleting folders and reinstalling. I'm up for trying anything! Thanks for your help.

Hi stepitup,

Let me know how it worked out. I know it is sometimes tedious going through all the installs/deletes/re-installs, but it is only through the help of people like you that we can work out the bugs for all the other users! Thanks for your help and persistence with this.

Good Morning Curt,

I woke up bright and early at 4:30 this morning and had time to play around with this some more. I uninstalled the blender via cp and reinstalled with no problem. Then I tested a few scenarios and here are the results:
  • Succesfully created a video when both the application folders and the source exercise videos were on the local hard drive
  • Succesfully created a video when the application folders were on the local hard drive but the source exercise videos were on an external hard drive
  • Failed to create video (progress bar never moved past 80%) when the application folders and the source exercise video were on an external hard drive
I hope this is helpful for you!

Thank you stepitup! Your first two scenarios are fine for the operation of the Workout Blender, but one thing that I now see we need to recommend is to not install the application anywhere but on your internal drive where your system resides. We don't recommend installing the WB on an external drive, but it had not occurred to us that users may be doing this. We'll have to check with others experiencing the 80% problem to see if they have installed the application there, too. Thanks for your assistance on this, and...yes, it was helpful!

I am having the same problems...I successfully created one video without issue. The second video I am trying to create has gotten stuck on 80%. I tried the process recommended by Kurt and re-created my video and it got stuck on 10% the second time. Now what??? Help!

sharihart, can you let us know whether you are running this under Windows or Mac, and what version of system and type of computer? The possible solutions are different depending upon those variables. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.