Covid in USA

I live in south Florida and I’m a physical therapist that works in the assisted living facility (willow wood) that was splattered all over the news for a huge outbreak which resulted in many deaths. I knew many of them personally, as well as their families. We are still having positive cases popping up. Luckily from a work standpoint, I have been able to continue to work. But it has been very scary as I have 2 beautiful little ones waiting for me when I get home. Luckily the friends and family that I know that have gotten it have beat it. I will most likely be vaccinated through my company next week. I wish it would all just go away and my heart breaks for everyone that has lost someone close to them to the virus. I have struggled tremendously this year with anxiety stress and depression. I just keep my fingers crossed that 2021 will be better

Hi KarieH34, I totally understand how you feel with the anxiety, stress and depression. With everything that has happened this year, it's been hard. But I know and have faith that this virus will one day, soon, be gone and we will be able to enjoy life as much as before - even more. Hang in there a little while longer and keep those two beautiful little ones in your heart and mind (I'm sure you do.). Please stay safe, we can get through this together.

I live in Maine so it took a while before the pandemic reached us but yes it is here like everywhere else (just a side note: people, for some reason, think this state would be so much safer so they've been creating a real estate boom here). Unfortunately, as much as some of us support and help each other, we've had our share of, shall we say, very nasty behavior as well.
Otherwise, I'm one of the few it hasn't affected too much but boy, do I really feel for the people working on the frontlines. I was lucky to continue to work and my daily life pretty much stayed the same except for extra precautions and spending time making masks for people (and no, I didn't charge a cent for them).
Most of my adult life I've had no social life, I don't eat out, and I spend most of my free time alone so that has been very easy. I have no internet so no streaming, online Zoom meetings or much contact with anyone. Also, already being an at home exerciser with Cathe was such an advantage. I know it has been difficult for those who lost the ability to go to their favorite gym but hopefully they have been lucky enough to discover the joys of working out at home.
For those who've lost loved ones, care for the ill, my heart goes out to you and yes, I will be getting a Covid vaccine when it is available.

Just reading everyone's experiences with loved ones, friends and those on our front-lines and would like to send you a distanced ((Hug)). I'm in BC, Canada. The second/third wave here has been very, very bad. People risking their lives by helping to care for us are getting very sick and of course, some passing. I think just due to us having a healthcare system for everyone is why we have come out of it better than our dear neighbours in the USA. That's probably all.

I had it back in late July. I had a little sore throat, and (TMI) diarrhea, extreme fatigue (not being able to get up at all) for about 17 days and overall it was a fairly mild case (I'm 42). However, the after-effects lasted to just up to 3 weeks ago. I ended up in emergency for chest pain and was scared of blood clots (I know a young man who died of Covid caused blood clot), but the ekgs etc. Showed just perimyocarditis.
What I'm really scared of are my parents who both have pulmonary conditions. It is such a time now of heavy sorrow. My husband's hours were cut, but our financial hardships have not been as tough as some others. It's just the weight of all of the collectives losses and grief we are taking on now. People are isolating (as clearly we ought to) and dying alone in their homes. It's just terrible.

@aqua girl
1f49f.png

Reading Elsie's account of how it has affected her (and yes my heart goes out to you Elsie) just highlights that there are people who have had a horrible time of it and remain extremely concerned yet we have people who claim hardship and throw temper tantrums just because they are asked to wear a face covering in a public place . . .

Hopefully, a return to normal will happen in 2021!! I'm a little optimistic that Delta will resume service upfront in First Class. Getting tired of the barebones service up front.

It was announced yesterday that the new, more infectious UK strain has been found here in New Zealand. We had 6 cases arrive before Christmas, 5 from the UK and 1 from South Africa and there will be quite a few more by now. They are still waiting for genome sequencing results from the more recent arrivals. So far they have all been within our managed isolation and quarantine facilities and we are hoping it doesn't get out into the community.

I have read that the new strain of Covid is more infectious, yet much less serious and deadly and virulent than the original.

As for the Covid vaccine.....the last few times I received the regular flu vaccine, I had horrible reactions to it that my doctors couldn't explain. So why bother? After all, I haven't actually had the flu since........grade school, maybe??? Receiving a brand new, fast tracked vaccine is out of the question for me. I will let others be the canaries in the coal mine for that.

I completely understand why some people are relieved to have a vaccine available, but I hope that those of us who have a valid reason for not receiving it are not shamed for our decision.

Wishing a New Year full of strength and health and peace to all of you.

I have read that the new strain of Covid is more infectious, yet much less serious and deadly and virulent than the original.

As for the Covid vaccine.....the last few times I received the regular flu vaccine, I had horrible reactions to it that my doctors couldn't explain. So why bother? After all, I haven't actually had the flu since........grade school, maybe??? Receiving a brand new, fast tracked vaccine is out of the question for me. I will let others be the canaries in the coal mine for that.

I completely understand why some people are relieved to have a vaccine available, but I hope that those of us who have a valid reason for not receiving it are not shamed for our decision.

Wishing a New Year full of strength and health and peace to all of you.
I too don't get flu vaccines but I have to be very careful about most meds I get because between my current medications and my autoimmune disorder, I get reactions very easily. I just had a rare reaction to Cipro the other day and have never had that happen with any antibiotic ever. It became audio toxic and I could barely hear for 5 days before it started to get better. I'm 2 weeks out and I still have some hearing deficit and Cipro has been around for decades. I just don't like how some people have been treating other people for their views and just with covid but with everything. I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion on things but there is no reason to shame people or degrade them for their choices and views.

I too don't get flu vaccines but I have to be very careful about most meds I get because between my current medications and my autoimmune disorder, I get reactions very easily. I just had a rare reaction to Cipro the other day and have never had that happen with any antibiotic ever. It became audio toxic and I could barely hear for 5 days before it started to get better. I'm 2 weeks out and I still have some hearing deficit and Cipro has been around for decades. I just don't like how some people have been treating other people for their views and just with covid but with everything. I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion on things but there is no reason to shame people or degrade them for their choices and views.
That’s the problem with a lot of things these days. Everyone feels the need to push their opinion on others like it’s the only way.
Both my mom and good friend had bad reactions from Cipro. Luckily I did not but it definitely isn’t an antibiotic I welcome openly because of all the controversy with it.

I will be getting the COVID vaccine Monday. I don’t get the flu vaccine but felt like this is one I should get being that I’m in the healthcare field and work with geriatrics. I respect each and every person and their decision. It’s a very uncertain time.

And rest assured that if my arm falls off after the vaccine or I grow an extra body part I will let you all know lol

That’s the problem with a lot of things these days. Everyone feels the need to push their opinion on others like it’s the only way.
Both my mom and good friend had bad reactions from Cipro. Luckily I did not but it definitely isn’t an antibiotic I welcome openly because of all the controversy with it.

I will be getting the COVID vaccine Monday. I don’t get the flu vaccine but felt like this is one I should get being that I’m in the healthcare field and work with geriatrics. I respect each and every person and their decision. It’s a very uncertain time.

And rest assured that if my arm falls off after the vaccine or I grow an extra body part I will let you all know lol
I completely understand anyone that wants the vaccine for whatever their reason. I'm taking my grandfather (93) next week but my grandmother (90) doesn't want it. Best of luck and I hope you have no adverse reaction to it, esp. and extra limb.

Hi!

I volunteer as a driver for the veterans here in WV. I am a veteran myself, so it is easier to help the veterans. You get what I mean..

I got the Covid vaccine on Friday! The woman put it in my left arm. You could feel it the shot. Anyways, the only "side effect" is my arm is a little sore, but that it what it was like with the flu shot.

I got the Moderna shot.

My mom got the shot too because she is a healthcare worker in CA. She said she had a backache and chill for 2 hours. I don't know what shot Pzifer or Moderna.

I am 43 and she is 64. Same blood type O negative.

All I can really say is get it in your arm that has more muscle or you use more. That helps with absorbing the injection.

As for those who don't take the vaccine, I would say be diligent in wearing your mask and wearing it the right.

I don't have anything bad feelings for those that don't want the vaccine. I would like those that want it to get it. I know this is controversial. I want everyone that wants it to get it despite your age. It seems to me that the roll out is really slow because they are focusing on age. My resolution to this to have no appointments. First come first serve. But, if they are elderly people in the line they should be served first. So 75 or above should be in head of the line.

I had already done 2 Cathe workouts after that, Friday and Saturday, and I didn't feel bad.

Keep safe,

Jenny Denny

Posting again because I am nervous about DH receiving the vaccine tomorrow. He is "forced" to receive it because his job requires travel. A few of his co-workers have already been so sick from the vaccine that they had to take a few sick days. I would love a reliable vaccine, but I feel that we are being fed what we would like to eat. We are supposed to believe the vaccine wasn't rushed, yet the push to develop the vaccine was literally called "Operation Warp Speed". LOL.....or not.

Had my second shot about a week ago. Had a good immune responce, meaning that I had a low grade fever, nothing over 100 and some leg aches for about 24-28 hours. Oh, and I was tired too.
Then I've been fine.
Glad to be a very small part of getting this crap done and over with

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.