Clothing problem

lrhollid

Cathlete
I suppose this is a good problem to have, but NONE of my work clothes fit! I was getting ready for work last week, and my pants were hanging around mid-hip. I tried a belt, but they look baggy everywhere, and I can't wear them. The problem is I can't afford to replace my suits, and I've got another 15 pounds I want to lose. Is it hard to take pants up yourself (they're lined, too)? What about suit coats? Are they a lost cause?

Thanks!

I have had this problem...And I totally understand that, while on one hand you're overjoyed to be losing, it still creates daily wardrobe crises. I have a bunch of work pants and a few suits that I would hate to part with, but I haven't gotten around to taking them to my tailor to see how much it will cost. I would think it would still be more cost-effective than buying all-new. Esp. if you plan to lose more. Do you wear suits only to work? I found some cute work pants on-the-cheap at Target recently - that might be a good option for you if you're allowed to go business casual.

And, BTW, congrats on your weight loss!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

I just wanted to say that you are certainly not alone. My BF has lost 25 pounds over the last several months and is looking to lose atleast 25 more.

Needless to say, she is having alot of issues with her clothes being way too big on her. Luckily she has some smaller sized pieces she saved from when she was smaller but even those do not all fit right yet as some are still a bit too small.

I suggested taking her good clothes to the tailor as well. No matter what it costs, it will be cheaper then buying new clothes that may only fit her for a couple of months!

When she starts complaining I always tell her, yes, it's definately a pain in the neck but remember...it's a GOOD thing!:)

I second the tailor thing. A good tailor is your best friend, I use mine all the time since I have a hard body type to "fit". Congrats on the loss!:7

Have you tried consigment shops? Sometimes you can find really nice clothes at a reasonanable price. Of course a taylor is a good idea too.

Similar to turbo1's idea, my co-worker is dropping a lot of weight now too and finds great deals at Goodwill. I myself have purchased a couple things there when I was hunting costumes for my kids plays.

They are most likely even cheaper than a consignment shop.

Happy to hear you have such a nice good and bad dilemma ! Keep up the good work:7

I agree with Turbo1 and Sunshine. Go to consignment stores for your interim "survival" wardrobe to carry you through until you have reached your goal measurements, saving your scratch along the way until you know you're where you want to be - then go hog wild with the new stuff for the new and everlasting you.

A-Jock

A new wardrobe is just the motivation I need to keep going-- it's going to be one heck of shopping trip this summer!!!! I have a pair of jeans I've kept for the past ten years that I bought when I was a sophomore in college--I finally got in them this past weekend:) I can't tell you how many times I've almost tossed them out thinking they'd never fit again.

Has anyone every tried taking pants up themselves? I live waaaay out, and I don't think there is a tailor in the small town near where I live. The pants are straight cut, no pleats or pockets, just a lining.

TIA

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.