clarison opal infusion vs. mia

wendygurl

Cathlete
I'm intrigued over all the talk about clarisonic. I am mid forties, and most of my problems are around the eyes. I don't get acne nor do I have large pores. I feel like I have eye baggage. Anyway, I'm ready to purchase, but don't know the difference between these two. can anyone enlighten please:: thanks so much.

Ive been using the clarisonic for several years and would not be without it. you will defintely see and feel a difference when washing your face. I think the Mia is more portable than the clarisonic and I'm not sure about the opal.
A worthwhile investment.

The Clarisonic Mia is a sonic cleansing tool. It is just a smaller version of the Clarisonic Classic and the Clarisonic Classic Plus and is marketed as a "travel size" Clarisonic. These tools are supposed to do a much better job of getting all the makeup and oils out of your skin than any other method, thereby allowing your products to absorb better.

The Opal infusion is entirely different. You use it to help "infuse" a product after you have cleansed your skin with one of the above. It is a tool that is supposed to help maximize absorption of whatever eye serum you use by "tapping the skin around your eye at 125 times per second." They sell their own anti-aging serum to use with the Opal, but you can use a different product if you are happy with what you use--although I think it has to be a gel.

I own both the Clarisonic Classic and the Opal. I have had the Clarisonic for about 6 or 7 years, and I love it. I use it twice a day. I believe it does a better job of cleansing than anything I have ever used. I also own the Opal. I don't often use it--not because I don't think it works, but because it is just one more thing I have to do before I go to bed and I just don't want to take the time to do it, even though my aesthetician insists that it would make a difference. Maybe someone else on this board can speak to whether or not consistent use of the Opal is worth the time.

I will also add that this company has fantastic customer service. HTH

I have the Mia. Love, love, love it. I traveled over the summer and didn't bring it with me and by the end of the 8 days I couldn't wait to get back to it. My skin could absolutely feel the difference of not using it. The Opal looks a little more "gimmicky" to me. If you're only getting one, make it the Mia. They call it "travel size" but I just call it face sized (the regular one can do your body, too, so is kind of big for just your face). The Mia is the perfect size.

thanks for the help!! these responses were very informative. i purchased the mia today and can't wait to try it out tonight. the girls at sephora were raving over it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.