Christmas Movies

Rharabed

Cathlete
No shaming now, who else has been watching the Christmas movies on Hallmark and LMN? I can't be the only one. For me, I admit it, it's the sappy happy endings. I've had enough death and destruction and discord to last for a looong time.

I usually hold out for "A Christmas Story " with Ralphie. Its on for 24 hours from Christmas eve to Christmas day. But.....I am a sucker for the classics.....Frosty. Rudolph...Santa Clause is coming to town.....etc. I have loved them since childhood!

Christmas TV

My all time favorites are National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I've tried watching the ones on Hallmark and LMN but I just can't get past how sappy they are. I do like other Xmas movies but nothing with Tori Spelling please!

I admit, I am a sucker for the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies! I actually find them borderline humorous how predictable their plot lines are, but hey - that's part of their fun. Even my husband likes to chime-in on how kitschy they are. :D

They definitely help keep the holidays merry + bright!

We started listening to xmas music exclusively at home and in the car over a week ago. And, we started watching xmas movies (not on those channels 'cos we don't have them) around the same time. I watched Xmas with the Kranks last night with my daughter (I love Jamie Lee Curtis in this one). My fav. xmas movie is Elf.

I want a cathe xmas workout with xmas music, christmas coloured outfits and a christmas tree in place of the weight stack. How about some lights around the windows at the back of the set, fake snow covering the windows too, a xmasy scene outside the 'windows' etc...

Love the Christmas themed workout idea.

Yeah, the movies are predictable, sappy, etc., etc.
But at least there is no profanity, gratuitous sex, zombies, witches, end of the world stuff that I am sooo burned out on. Not much family friendly stuff these days. And they are usually not preachy either. Just mindless, sappy, feel good happy endings. My hubby treats them like comedies, especially when they are not, so he's a hoot to watch them with.

Elf is my all-time fav followed closely by A Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph. My hubby does a wicked imitation of Comet reacting to Rudolph's nose! We have Peter Pan Syndrome, we'll never completely grow up. We are both hitting 60 and still eagerly awaitHow the Grinch Stole Christmas!

I admit, I am a sucker for the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies! I actually find them borderline humorous how predictable their plot lines are, but hey - that's part of their fun. Even my husband likes to chime-in on how kitschy they are. :D

They definitely help keep the holidays merry + bright!

That is me and my DH in a nutshell! They are a fun, mindless distraction from the stresses of the day. During the first 10 minutes of the movie we always try to predict the ending (which isn't hard to do), like who's going to be dating/marrying who, etc. :p

I like Elf too..."SANTA!!!!!!"

The Santa Clause is also one of my favorites, don't know why they bothered with any sequels there, the first one is a classic.

Reindeer on the roof. :rolleyes:

my faves

My all time favourite is the black and white ( yes, not the colourised version, please ) Alistair Sim's version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I also love Charlie Brown Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life.

When I was a child, there were also these wonderful animated versions of Oscar Wilde's the Happy Prince and the Selfish Giant ( I think they're Wilde's... correct me if I'm wrong) . They were sad but powerful stories about Spirit, kindness and forgiveness. I don't think they're shown anymore. I must look them up on Youtube....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.