chopped off 17 inches

owhynot

Cathlete
I chopped off 17 inches of my hair and donated it to children with hair loss. I've never had my hair this long - three years ago I decided to grow it out so I could donate.

My hair use to be so straight. Now I have waves and it is fuller. I'm calling it fluffy hair - I wish I had this in my younger days.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1726538970674.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1726538970674.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 10
Fantastic! That is so very kind of you..........and you have a new hairdo too! I love the
new length.......I keep my hair on the shorter side now, a little above shoulders, easier
to deal with..........when I was in the first grade my hair was down to my rear and straight.
during that year, my mom had my hair cut .........up to my ears!!!! What a big deal that
was!!!! I have my 1st grade picture with the short hair and I have a big grin on my face,
so I must have been ok with it ! :)

The top picture was taken Feb 2021 - bottom picture Wed . I now wake up with fluffy hair - no bed head - I don't get hat hair either. I've had my hair this length it seems forever - maybe a little longer at times. Wearing pig tails to workout and when needed.

I'm thinking I may do this again - growing the hair out - but what a pain with the tangles and the rat nest after washing - even with help from detangler products. 6 inches is the minimum length. I can do that- maybe the middle of the back. This go around I wanted to give as much as possible. Almost waited until next year...

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1726838874487.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1726838874487.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 3

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.