Chest workouts with breast implants

NHoffman13

As a graduation present to myself I got breast implants this past July. I've heard that you cannot do any chest exercises with implants and I was wondering if anyone knew anything more on this topic. I asked my doctor and he said that if I build muscle on top of my implant it will cause my nipples to go downward so I've been nervious to try. I know that many figure competators have implants and I figured that they must work their chest, but I've never actually read anything on it. Any info would be well appreciated!! Thanks for the help!!!

I have had breast implants for 3 years. I do chest work and no my nipples do not point downward:)

Candra

I have really big implants, and do light chest work. No problems, I never go heavy cause it does not make sense to me...

My doctor told me to use common sense when starting up with chest work again...if it hurts, STOP! Build your strength back up gradually, don't pick up 15 pounders right off the bat....I'm sure you know that. ;)

i got my implants back in may. i do chest workouts now but i don't go as heavy as i used to. more b/c i don't want to mess anything up even though my doc said i can do whatever i want. i keep it simple and just stick with pushups with different variations and the occasional chest fly.

Caution!

Ask your PS! Different docs give different advice on this subject, but you should ask your surgeon to see what s/he recommends.

Some say yes; some say no; and some say only light weights, or wait longer ... I would check to be sure -- especially if you have "unders" (submuscular placement).

Good luck!

I have had my implants for 7 years....been lifting and doing push ups for about 5 of those years. I was a bit worried myself initially.....Scared of a rupture or didn't like the odd feeling of the implant moving as the muscles were flexing. But, now....eeeh, it doesn't bother me a bit. I have no pain (personally). I absolutely love doing my chest work. Although...looking in the mirror while doing a push up with "unders" makes them look a bit funky! Giggle...... Keep us posted on your decision and progress.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.