Chemo Warrior

butterfly4

Hi Cathe:

I just wanted to thank you for helping me through chemotherapy. I had been doing your workouts for over a year. I have been strength training for 20 years but after my 3rd child I decided to work out at home and you by far have the best home strength training workouts on the market!

Anyway, I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Inflatrating Ductal Carcinoma (breast cancer) in April of this year. I had a bilateral mastectomy and recovered from surgery very quickly. So much so, that the day I got out of the hospital I was able to attend my son's scholarship banquet. In late May, I started chemotherapy treatments. I received 2 different drugs every other week for 8 treatments. People were amazed at how minimal my side effects were... I did not experience any naseau throughout the treatments and only experienced mild bone pain with the last 4 treatments.

I was able to continue with your workouts during my treatments and I firmly believe that because of my fitness level prior to receiving chemo, that was the reason I was able to maintain my energy and fitness during chemo.

Thank you for continuing to motivate me during chemo to never give up and to perserve and stay strong. :D

Hi Butterfly,

Just wanted to tell you and everyone else that this is the reason I started doing Cathe in the first place. My mother went through some of the same, mastectomy and all, and did so well that the doctors and staff were even amazed at how well she coped. I would sit in the office during Radiation and other patients would all tell me how much they liked my mother and were amazed at how upbeat and strong she seemed.

I figured if she could do it at (ahem) 29, then so could I!!

Hope you are feeling well and strong and continue to have good health. Chin up! It only gets better from here!

I just wanted to drop a line and say that you are an inspiration to all. My mother had breast cancer and she inspired me to start working out and getting healthy. Keep your chin up and keep doing what you're doing!!

Best Wishes:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.