::: CHEETAHS ::: Tues., 12/12

just had to pop back in and say HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELAINE!!
I hope you have a wonderful day:D

shelly- i work for a third party benefits co. we handle benefits for other company's. it is now open enrollment season...x(

Hi Elaine!!! My father was a career army officer and he was the head of the ROTC dept and also taught at Cal Poly. He left the army when I graduated and moved and I migrated down to LA to go to college.

Prescott is a VERY popular place to retire to.... you would love it!
Actually the winter isn't very extreme here at all. We only get snow a few times a year and it rarely sticks around for more than a day. The summer temps are also relatively mild, rarely getting over the low 90s.

Wow.....kudos to you for raising a young one AND running marathons in your 40s :eek: :eek: :eek: You are one awesome lady!

ShellyC

OK, cards are IN the mail!!! I had to get more stamps, and finally made it to the PO!! Thanks for the cards that I've gotten so far- Shelly, Christine, and Cathy!! I love this time of year, getting the mail is so much more fun!

I got more LaundryMax done, got some cleaning done, and Allison's almost ready for naptime (after the rest of Lion King, still her favorite movie!).

I got Greg's Christmas gift, it's a sliding mitre saw. He knew about it since I had to ask exactly what kind to get him (didn't want to buy the wrong kind!), and he was so excited about it. Power tools for him, appliances for me, whatever works!! ;-)

Have a great afternoon!

I’m Back!! I had forgotten how fun L&G is (except for those outer leg thrusts – those I could live without!). So I really enjoyed my workout this morning! It’s POURING here – flooding everywhere, traffic horrendous… In other words, a typical winter day in Sunny California!

Carole – AT&T problems are solved, which is nice. The guy was here until 7:30 last night and was in the house making sure the connection was sound before he left. Nice guy. Can’t fault that. I like working chest. I feel so strong! Chest and Back are my favorites, although I like Bi’s, too. Shoulders I try to go lighter as I get bulky there very easily. Tri’s – I just don’t like working them. Oh well. :+

Sunny – good luck at getting caught up on work! Saturday? *Shudders* I wouldn’t want to work on Saturday! Especially before Christmas.

LD – enjoy your run! L&G is my fav, too. B&G works me tougher – L&G seemed almost easy today – but L&G is just FUN!

Elaine – funny how we all like different things. I can get a killer tricep burn. I was also wondering why Carole works shoulders 3 times a week. I’d look like a football player if I did that. I love your area. I would love to plan a GTG by you! Think of the runs we could do! 47 eh? You don’t look a day over 32. Seriously! Here’s a rose for you…

http://bestanimations.com/Holidays/Birthday/birthdaycard.gif

Shelly – OHHH, a Harley – eh? You are a VERY nice wife! Glad to have you back! A night in Tucson sounds wonderful! I miss the high desert! Have fun with LaundryMax!

Susan – oh I’m SOOO happy to hear that your PT is good! Enjoy the hunky assistant massaging you – no matter where… :+ Cycling is great. Did she say which kind of bike to ride? I adore spinning. And the iCycles with Keith are top notch.

I like L & G too! Maybe I'll do that instead of GS legs tomorrow. After the agony my hamstrings were in for a couple days the last time, that might be a good idea! }(

I love working my chest too, definitely makes me feel stronger. I love GS C & T but really don't care as much for BSB. I guess maybe cause I like working my chest & triceps more? I like pushups AND dips, I'm just a weirdo. }( I think probably back is my least favorite. No real reason, it just is!

Holy Moly, you gals are chatty today!!!:7 I got a good hour of kickboxing in before work this morning and have just gotten back in. I HAVE to get baking after this, my in-laws and some friends are coming here Saturday and they ALWAYS bring their hearty appetites:+ I talked to Glen and he apologised profusely to me about being so skittish, he thinks maybe he's been alone too long (13 years is a long time). He's gone to New Brunswick to see his family and was very frank that he needs to get some perspective on things and has already been talking to his family and best friend about me. His sister told him in no uncertain terms that he needed to apologise to me, nice to have an unknown ally;-) I'm throwing my hands up and will go about my business and talk to him in 10 days. Sorry if this is all 'overshare' but I've gotten some great feedback from you ladies before and apparently need all of the help I can get to (as Wendy so hilariously put it) get my pole back in the water:+ :7

Cathy, the temperatures here are amazing, I don't care if we pay the piper later, this is wonderful. I hope you have a great run:)

ELAINE!!! Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. So what kinda cake ya havin'???:9 I disagree, 47 used to sound old but man we are so different from our Mother's generation. My Mom and my friend's Mom's looked and acted a lot older than we do!! No-one I knew at our age was running and playing (as well as working darned hard) into their '40's, 50's and 60's the way I see ladies doing now.

LD, I love starting the day with yoga too!:)

Wendy, nice job with the GS workouts. I love that we get new workouts and focus on them for a while then the older stuff feels fresh again!

Judy, too bad the risotto wasn't as yummy as it sounded. I love the texture of barley but it does have a stronger taste than rice. Have fun trying out ellipticals.

Jess!!! I am SO happy for you Cheetah!!!! Your excitment rings through loud and clear:) Great job!!

Christine!!! I always thought you were crazy but now you've confirmed it, I can't think of anything that I dislike more than those darned 72 pushups in GS CTx(

Carole, I am so grateful that I haven't see the dark M&M's here yet. Dark chocolate is DA BOMB!!! I love it with coffee, I love it with milk, I love it with red wine.....:9 :9

Sunny, hope your busy, busy day is a good one!

Shelly, glad you're back:) I got your Christmas card today, very cute. You made me smile with your 'coffeeman' question. I'll reserve my answer for a while. Apparently that old saying 'a good man is hard to find' is truer and truer as the years go by. Sounds like you've got a good one!! I'm jealous of his present, I think it's too late for me too put 'a Harley' on my Christmas list this year,...maybe next year:p

Susan, I'm so glad that you are moving along with your treatments. PTs can do amazing things. They know the musculo-skeletal system better than 99% of the doctors out there.

I mailed out my Christmas cards yesterday and am loving receiving them. Cathy, that was an awesome idea!!! Okay I'm off to bake with obscene amounts of BUTTER}( :9

Take Care
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I haven't even read your post but seeing that you are here I have an important question for you.

I'm putting the stamps on my Christmas cards and am wondering if a regular 39 cent stamp will get my card all the way to Canada????

OK. Now I'm going to go see what's up with you today.

Laurie,

I read this quote today and thought of Glen:

“For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.” Souza

Also, my DD told me that DH bought me a cake and made me promise not to tell him that she gave away the surpise. Well, I have searched this house and cannot find a cake anywhere!! Maybe it's in the neighbors refidgerator???? I don't know but if he did get me a cake it is probably this one:

http://www.madonnainn.com/bakery/images/cake-blk-forest.jpg

((((((((Elaine)))))))), you are one lovely woman:) I feel so blessed to have this forum as a conduit to the wonderful people I have connected with here. That quote is relevant to myself also. Sometimes, for me, being 'uncoupled' feels so empty, like my life is in a state of waiting and suspension. I know how a happy marriage works and that being with the right person makes me a better person. I yearn so much for it at times that I am blinded and miss the beauty that surrounds me. Thanks for thinking of me and sharing that, you've really touched my heart :* :)

*deep breath* ~ I'm focussing on the cake and it's making me feel much better;-) Enjoy, you deserve it and so much more.

I'm not sure about the stamps but Cathy's card had a 63 cent stamp on it, my 44 year old eyes can't find the number on Shelly's card but it says 'first class'. It's such a warm fuzzy getting cards from my Cheetah friends and isn't that what Christmas is all about!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Laurie, I think the quote is relevant to lots of people. I know that I have to remind myself to live in and enjoy the moment too often. I remember wishing not that long ago that I could relive the surreal time of the last month of pregnancy with my daughter. Honestly assessed, it was not spent basking in the glow and I mourn not relaxing and really allowing myself to experience that special time. And that is just one example. Hugs to you! You are such a wonderful woman and I am equally happy to have gotten to know you and all the other cheetahs too! :D

WOW, what a bunch of chatty cathys today! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Elaine! :+ :+ :+ Did you find that cake yet?? LOL

Judy: Which B&G premix did you choose? Leg blast by any chance?? }( Sorry that recipe was a bummer. I hate when that happens. Good job on the 7 miles today! :)

Jess: Glad you were able to walk/run/jog pain free this morning. That's a step in the right direction! I'm happy for you. Talk about a heat wave...my goodness it was beautiful here again today! This weather is CRAZY!}(

Christine: Glad you enjoyed L&G. :) Sounds like Cali is gettin' bad weather again...don't go blamin' it on us east coasters please, okay? :p

Carole: I hope your run was okay despite the rain. How was GS Legs for you today? Will you have DOMS in the morning? }(

Sunny: Sorry you are so busy at work but better to be busy then so slow the days drag, right? :)

LD: You are so lucky to love yoga. I am sooo dreading that part of P90X when I do the rotation. I keep trying to talk myself into doing Yoga X at some point prior to starting the rotation but I continue to talk myself right out of it! LOL I'll try again for my next rest day if I have time...bet I don't do it though!:p

Shelly: I was cryin' for mommy again during GSC&T so I'm gonna have to hang on to that coffee cup REAL tight tomorrow morning!;) A Harley, huh? WOW! My DH wants a Harley. He doesn't even have his liscense but that's just a minor detail right? LMAO! IMAX2 *and* 60 mins on the elliptical!? *bows down to you* YOU ROCK!

Susan: I'm so happy to hear that you have a good feeling about PT. I hear mixed reviews...some swear by it and some think it's a waste. Same with the chiro. I guess it's a personal thing. I hope the PT helps you. I know how you love your running and seeing you unable to do it makes me sad. :-( I wish all of the injured Cheetahs would hurry up and get well!!!

Laurie: LOL, I'm glad you like my way with words. :7 It's good to know that this guy apologized to you. Maybe the 2 of you can establish some kind of positive relationship after all. You are right...just hang loose and when he comes back see what he does. Leave the ball in his court. Act like ya don't care and they come a-runnin'! THEN play hard to get and he'll be BEGGING you to go out with him!}( }(

So my DS is thoroughly engrossed in this Christmas Wiggles DVD that I bought him cheap at the grocery store today. LOL I also bought him a large matchbox car...another Christmas gift even though we said we were done shopping for him! OOPS! :p

I finished GSC&T and threw in Ab Ripper X afterwards cause I realized I needed to get some ab work in. I am thoroughly fried now.}(

Well, I guess I'll go make myself a cup of coffee and watch the Wiggles with DS for a while...maybe we'll dance together!:7 :7 :7

Ciao Bellas!

jess- way to go on the run today.
thank you all on the tips for lip care. they are better today. I had some carmex at work that I have been using.

judy- good job on the 7 miles! I loved my sunday run, it was awesome!! hope I get another one in this weekend like that.

today is a rest day for me. I have bootcamp at 6a.m. and will try to runt he track thursday at the YMCA.

talk with you all later!

Just came in from a 6-miler…definitely feelin’ it after B&G last night!

Wendy :: that’s too bad! :-( A GTG would be fun.

Judy :: great job on the 7 miles yesterday…hope you had fun with today’s elliptical trials.

Jess :: glad you got in a pain-free run!! I love getting the cards, too…looking forward to yours. :)

Christine :: funny…I really *like* working the tri’s…I’m determined to make the horseshoe pop some more. That makes sense about the overhead extensions…I’ve still got some DOMS, so I’m holding off on u/b til tomorrow.

Carole :: you really have had a lot of rain lately, it seems. Good to know about S&H! Thanks.

Sunny :: good to see ya!

LD :: mmm, crab fries are a favorite! I could house a whole basket on my own. Yes, I’m definitely enjoying the warmer temps. Ran in a long sleeve tee and shorts this afternoon – gotta love it!

Elaine :: happy birthday!!!! Hope you enjoy your special day! That cake looks scrumptious! Now I’ll be off on a binge… Great quote…thanks for sharing with us.

Shelly :: sorry you’ve been so busy at work…hope you enjoy the nice break after tonight.

Susan :: I almost spewed my tea when I read about your hottie Latino aide working out the kinks in your butt…lucky lady! Sign me up!

Laurie :: yesss! I just *knew* that guy was gonna come around…yay…this is good. Have fun baking!

Laura :: enjoy the rest day…6 am bootcamp?? Yowzas!

OK, I’m off to get showered.

~Cathy :)

Hello cheetahs,
What a great way to end my day with a butt massage by a hunky manly man}( I am going back on Friday to get one again by Jason, the new man in my life.

I had a great workout today. I did the bike only for 15 minutes because it hurt my periformous muscle to sit that long, but I hopped on the elliptical for 40 minutes and ended up having a 55 minute workout! I think I will try the recumberant bike tomorrow.

There are so many posts, I don't have time to address all of them.

ELaine, Have a wonderful b-day and maybe you can get a butt massage today too(LOL)!

Laurie, So, are you going to take Glen back? What a confusing time for you. It must be so hard to get back out there in the dating game. I think it takes a long time for people to really get to know one another and adjusting to not being single, especially for men. I hope that whatever happens, you are happy. I love the words that Elaine posted. They are so true and it has taken me a long time to really live by that.

Thanks Elaine for post about living in the moment. I will have to copy it down and hang it somewhere.

Wendy, great workout as usual. Yes, some people have said great things about pt's and some are skeptical. I found this place to be more medical and much more professional than the chiro. They really do know the human musculature very well and know exactly what to do. I am very happy with them.

Shelly, I could never do a triathalon becuase I hate swimming. I am aiming for a half by summer. I just have to behave myself with the workouts!

Jess, congrats on the run and no pain. You must be in 7th heaven. Hopefull I will be there soon too.

Carole, you just had to mention the m word. I actually don't like dark chocolate. I am a milk chocolate girl all the way.

Christine, legs and glutes is one of my favorites. I have never been able to do all the power lunges though.

Cathy, did you get your run in?

I am so bummed. I hope that I put enough postage on for my canadian cheetahs. I may send out duplicates in case I did not.

Well, I am off to get the girly girls. If I missed someone I am sorry. Have a great evening ladies./

Susan

Yes...I got in my 6 miles just before sundown. :-(

I don't get massages as often as I'd like, but mine have always been done by women. I don't know if I could handle a hot guy's hands all over my butt! *lol*

Edited because I forgot the apostrophe! DOH! See, thinkin' about your PT man has me all discombulated ~ ha.

Hey Ladies, I got some baking done but had to take Faith to the optometrist so he could check on her as she started wearing contact lenses last week. Her glasses were really getting in the way of her physical activity. She is a 'top' in cheerleading and when she's been coming down into cradles they've fallen off. She brought home a fabulous report card so I took her out for Thai:9

Wendy, I have totally missed the boat on the Wiggles. I have no idea what their gig is but they sound pretty wacky. If it makes you want to dance then I'm sure it would be a hit at my house!

Laura, Bootcamp soooo early sounds like the real deal! aTENhut!!!}(

Cathy, again with the question!! What the heck are crab fries, or is it deep fried crab just like it sounds? Thanks for the enthusiasm, I really think that if he chooses to come around we could have a lot of fun together. Nice job on the 6 miler. Hope these mild temps hang in a bit more, a girl came into the restaurant tonight with flip flops on (I was going to say thongs but that term is no longer relevant to footwear and it isn't THAT warm:+ ).

Susan, you are too funny. When I was in school for massage 3 years ago there were some pretty fine young men in our course, as unprofessional as it sounds, it does add a certain element to the bodywork (although we'd never say it out loud;-) ). Yes, this has been a confusing time for me but I'm willing to invest a bit more into it because our attraction to each other was so natural and easy. I think it's best for me to not overthink it (it's tough in the middle of the night though).

Okay, I'm off for round #3 of my bakefest!

Take Care
Laurie

Cathy,

Well even though getting together with you and Christine would not happen, we still have to hang! We can go to either one of the places you emailed me about! I know I was supposed to get a better idea of how far they are from me and I forgot to do that but I seriously think either would be okay. We should try to set a date once the madness of the holidays is passed us!:)

I love workin' the tri's! It can be tough work but it's worth it! My tri's are lookin' HOT lately! LOL }( The one exercise I can't do for tri's though are the seated extensions. My left elbow simply doesn't like it-it can be very painful! Even going really light-5 pound DB's-I undoubtedly will have problems before I am done so I usually sub in another exercise when Cathe does those.

I enjoy working back heavy, unlike Jess.:p
I find shoulder work to be UBER tough so there is a bit of a dread factor involved there.
Biceps are always fun!}(
Workin' chest heavy pumps me up...I just LOVE it!:D
And last but not least, you won't find a leg-work-lover here!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.