check in 8-11-01

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Posting my week because I am again computer-less for another week or two--sitting here at the library...

MONDAY: my own planks and ab work--felt it for two days!

TUESDAY: PS CST

WEDNESDAY: Still Jumpin'+ CTX KB abs--finally broke down and got my first Christi Taylor video--and LOVED it!!!

THURSDAY: Great Moves 101 hi-lo (Kari), + KB stretch

FRIDAY: PS BBA (no abs, still feeling sore from WEd.)
Still Jumpin' first part and cool down only (had to do it again, it is so fun!)

SATURDAY: MIS warmup and LEGS, + Leaner Legs deadlifts, calf raises, sit and stands, plie squats, step ups abs and stretch WOW was this a good one!!

SUNDAY: tomorrow I'll do cardio--Christi again???!!!

Have a great week!
Wendy

Christi is so much fun, isn't she? She really complements Cathe's workouts. I've had a good week - still trying to do 3 days of total body and 3 days of cardio, and I'm deeling really good about it. I feel better about my body than even before I was pregnant. Maybe I just gained a new perspective after being big and pregnant :) Anyway, this was my week:

Mon: Firm Cardio, floorwork from Vol.1
Tues: CIA 9801 hi/lo
Wed: MIS
Thurs: Interval Max
Fri: Power Hour
Sat: CIA 2K05 Cardio Parties w/ Franny - step portion

I hope everyone has a great week!

Emily

I don't even KNOW why I'm posting in this week since this was the week of NOTHING for me...but it's become such a habit that I just have to do it. So here goes...

Monday: Nada
Tuesday: CTX Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Back/Abs
Wednesday: Came down with that flu/virus thing, sore throat, sinus infection, the works.
Thursday: Slept most of the day.
Friday: Same as Thursday.
Saturday: Crunch Joy of Yoga
Sunday: Don't know yet.

I don't know if any of you remember but last week I was planning on taking a week off since I felt really run down and exhausted. Well, I guess my body was definitely trying to tell me something since I came down with this flu thing (which is really strange, since I thought you could only come down with the flu in the winter!!!).

Anyway, I may do more yoga tomorrow but I'm really taking it easy cuz this illness really knocked me for a loop!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading about all of your workouts so I can vicariously live through all you HEALTHY people!!!

Terri

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-01 AT 08:21AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everybody. So sorry you feel bad Terri. Hope next week is much healthier for you. Wendy, Christi is just so much fun. I'm glad you finally got to try her out.

I am pretty happy about my week. I have been aiming at running two days a week and I did that but had to work it in because the weather has been terrible. If it wasn't raining it was humid beyond all reason. I had two days that I had some unusual energy but I didn't waste them on housework or washing the car of mowing the lawn...of course, I used them on something important--EXERCISE!!!!

MONDAY: Rhythmic Step. Really, really fun. I did better than I thought I would but it still needs some work. A woman's work is never done. LOL!

TUESDAY: S&H--Bi/Tri

WEDNESDAY: Walk/Run--3 1/2 miles I see my endurance increasing a little. This was one of my unusually energetic days.

THURSDAY: S&H--Chest/Back

FRIDAY: Still Jumpin/ and 1st section of Andre's Advanced Step. This was the other unusually energetic day. I could have went longer but didn't have time.

SATURDAY: Walk/Run--3 miles. I did this interval style. Ran one lap as fast as I could stand it and then walked the next, etc. It was hard going because it was hot and humid. Also did Slow and Heavy Shoulders.

Anyway, that's my week! Can't wait to read everyone else's week. Have a good one!!!!!

Kelly

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-01 AT 08:23PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone,

Terri: Summer flus stink - I hate feeling sick when it's hot out. Amazing how your body was wearing down before you actually came down with symptoms.

Kelly: Good job on the running! I know exactly what you mean about using up that extra energy on exercise and then not getting stuff done around the house!! I feel pathetic when I do that!

My week was good. We are having a big birthday party for my twins tomorrow and I had to drag all of my fitness equipment out of the family room and stuff it in a closet - that was a workout on its own!! Next house has to have an exercise room!!

Monday: 90 minute run/walk -am
S&H chest/back - pm - this is my favorite S&H workout

Tuesday: 4 mile run, Intense Moves - am
Leaner Legs - pm

Wednesday: Happy Hour Hi/lo + Stage 1 & 2 of Step Heaven - am
S&H shoulders + abs - pm

Thursday: Action Packed step/hi-lo, 30 minutes stairstepper-am
S&H legs - pm

Friday: CTX kickbox (cardio), Rhythmic Step, Bodymax - section 1 - am
S&H biceps/triceps - pm

Saturday: 90 minute run/walk-am, MIS legs - pm

Sunday: cardio + abs - not sure what cardio yet.

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Erica

Hi Everyone!! Well, I am one tired woman tonight! TOUGH week for me now, that I've start to train seriously for the competition. I have exactly 11 weeks to go before the contest and exactly 6 to go before I take my certification test. This will be a busy fall. Ok, I'm whooped so here's my week.

MON: S&H Chest and Back, P.S. Chest and P.S. Back, Rythmic Step and yoga

TUES: S&H Tri's and Bi's, P.S. Tri's and P.S. Bi's, CTX SNI except for last interval, I nearly collasped from exhaustion, and yoga

WEDS: P.S. Legs and CTX kickbox, and yoga

THURS: P.S. chest and tri's, S&H chest, S&H tri's, Rythmic Step

FRI: 3 sets of pull ups just as many as I could do (not much!!), P.S. BBA, S&H Back, S&H, Bi's P.S. Tri's and S&H tri's and yoga

SAT: S&H Legs and shoulders, P.S. floor, P.S. sholders, and CTX kickbox

SUN: REST, REST, REST!!!!!!

Ok, it was a long week and I'm beat. I hope everybody had a great week and those of you who are sick, get well soon!!
Have a great coming week everyone!!

Aimee

Hey Everyone!

Wendy~Thanks for getting us started. Glad you were able to get to a computer to keep in touch. Sorry, to hear you are disappointed with your new Christi tape! Ha! Have fun with it.

Emily~How is that lil' one doing? Great week for you!

Terri~Poor thing! Glad to see you posting but sorry about your illness. Sending some healthy vibes your way. Take it easy.

Kelly~Great job on your jogging progress! I took it up this Summer also and boy, you are right~that humidity has been something else. Keep up the good work!

Erica~Take lots of pix at the party tomorrow. Will the boys be 6 or 7? Whew, I am surprised you had any legs for your Wed. workout after your Tues. workout!!! Have fun tomorrow!

Aimee~What great timing for you to receive your S & H Series! Super week for you. Keep us updated often over the next 7 weeks. YOU GO GIRL!!!

My week:

MONDAY~Jogged 3 miles on Cape May Beach in A.M., traveled home 11 hours! WHEW! Also, my dearest hubby surprised me with a stop at Cathe's place!!! Much to my dismay, I found out Cathe was on vacation. :-( It was nice getting to meet Chris. Thanks, Chris, for the warm welcome!

TUESDAY~CTX & PS CHEST, taught a Hi/Lo class w/toning and ABS

WEDNESDAY~Jogged 4 miles, CTX & PS BICEPS & BACK

THURSDAY~Taught a Hi/Lo with toning & ABS, CTX & PS TRICEPS

FRIDAY~Jogged 4 miles, CTX & PS SHOULDERS

SATURDAY~Practiced new routines for 2 hours, planned to jog but got company and had to get ready for a movie out with the in-laws

SUNDAY~A car ride to Cleveland to hold my lil' bundle of JOY! She is getting too darn cute! She just smiles from ear to ear now! Melts THIS Granny's heart!

Not a real powerful workout week for me but I needed a bit of a break. I think nerves have played a bit of weariness on me making my decision to go out on my own. I do know it's the right decision and I am very excited at the same time. Thanks you all for a nice place to come to vent and "talk" to you all!! HAPPY SUNDAY!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey Everyone!

I just recently started a new rotation, so far so good. My week....

-Step Fit + abs
-Body Max
-Reebok Intense Moves + abs
-Rest Day
-Circuit Max + abs
-Rhythmic Step (didnt trip too many times)
-CIA's Power Bar Training

I plan to do this rotation for 6 weeks, then on to my PS rotation. I've got 5 rotations planned which should keep me busy for awhile if all goes well.

Keep on steppin!

:) Stacy

RE: house renovations - wallpaper removal sucks!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-01 AT 09:30AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone

As of Friday, I finally got all of my wallpaper scraped off my walls in anticipation of the painter coming in tomorrow. I have never put wallpaper up and never would and now have this idea very much reinforced. Yuck. I am on holidays for a few weeks but no rest for the wicked as they say.

In any event, in order to workout this week, I have found that I must do it first thing in the morning before I get working on my house so I have slacked off a bit this week.

Here was my week:

Monday - run 30 minutes

Tuesday - Cardio Kicks

Wednesday - run 45 minutes

Thursday - Power Hour

Friday - rest (from exercise, however, working on the house until 11:00 p.m. must burn a few calories)

Saturday - rest from exercise again

Sunday - plan to go for a run and get back at the house stuff. (did an 11k run in 55 minutes)

Have a great week everyone. By next check-in, hopefully my house painting will be done.

Kim

Hi everyone, I hope you all won't mind if I join in on the check ins. I have been working out using Cathe for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. But I am a teacher and start inservices next week, so I figured if I start checking in, it will keep me getting up early.
Anyway I got some new tapes last week, so I've been trying them all out and here's my week
Monday: Cardio Kicks
Tuesday: Power Hour ( which really got me)
Wednesday: Interval Max ( loved this one)
Thursday: PS BBA and CST
Friday: MIC ( also one of my new ones)
Saturday: PS SL&A
Sunday: Going to try out Rhyth. Step...dont know how aerobic it'll be, I'm pretty clutzy

Hope all of you have a great week. I am so impressed by the work outs...man there are some hard workers here.

Valerie

Well, I'm here to check in. The weight work had slacked off quite a bit the past few months. A little too much cycling, not enough lifting! That, however.... has CHANGED as of this week. I intend to get back to "whence I came"!!! Or at least work on it.

Monday: Step Aerobics Class at the gym (this one was AWESOME!)

Tuesday: 1st section of Still Jumpin, PS & CTX Chest, PS & CTX Triceps (Since training for the bike ride, I didn't really use my dvd's as much as I could/should have. But now? LOOK OUT.. it's sooooo great ...)

Wednesday: Andre's Step (1st section -- figure I better get in practice for the Cape Cod Convention -- maybe I'll actually get to MEET the man!), PS &CTX Shoulders, I Want Those Abs - 1st section, Spin class that night

Thursday: DOMS set in and my upper body was pretty much TOAST by this day... I could hardly raise my arms above chest level. But it was a good kind of sore! ;-) Treadmill 25 minutes while waiting at the gym for the Hi/Lo Class to begin.... I decided since I'm at the gym, I might as well make use of the equipment instead of sitting around staring and talking to people!!! Hi/lo class. Will probably opt to spin on this night... Hi/lo just isn't the same at the gym. I'm spoiled by my fun hi/lo tapes!!!!

Friday: Rest day... You got it... I STILL need 'em (now more than ever!!!)

Saturday: CTX Leaner Legs & floor section of PS Legs, CTX Backs and bi's (please not no PS backs and bi's. I have to admit, these two upper body parts are probably my LEAST favorite to work... so getting in that much in a week is alot for me.... and my biceps are screaming today....!!!)

Sunday: (Was surprised to be walking but quickly before DOMS set in squeezed in): Spin & Abs Class at the gym, 1st two sections of Yoga for Athletes**

That's my week....

Kim -- I thought of you this week when I saw an advertisement for a triathalon! ;-) Working on your house DEFINITELY counts!

** I might actually get to the point where I can tolerate yoga.... or at least some sort of stretching. I KNOW it's terribly important and I'm trying to get it in at least twice a week (in addition to the small stretches they do on most tapes). As you can see... I failed this week, but I DID get it in once, so that's improvement!!! I'll take it.

Have a great week everyone.
Cleda

This decision will be very liberating for you.....you can do anything you want now, and you'll do fine! I hope you add step classes to your mix. If I win the Bake Off, I may ask to become a partner!

My week was the 11th in the Lower Body Solution rotation, and someone asked me if I'd lost weight! I told them I was doing a new routine of working my legs 3 times a week, so I look thinner. That's a great incentive. Trouble is, I haven't even looked at my Power Hour tape, and just viewed Rhythmic Step once. There's not enough time in the day to do it all! Somehow I'd like to finally work my indoor bike in....my legs are a lot stronger, so I'm sure I can do that with no problem.

Sunday: S&H Legs, PS legs floor work and S&H biceps. Legs were sore on Monday! That was a surprise.

Monday: rest

Tues. Imax and PS Back

Wed. Legs at the Y and PS chest

Thurs. Taebo advanced (QVC series in the orange box) and S&H triceps

Fri: race walk and S&H shoulders

Sat: race walk outside and S&H legs/PS legs (same as Sunday).

The S&H series really makes 5 lb dumbbells feel like 50! I am stubbornly using the weight Cathe uses except for legs when I go heavier. Then I see Denise Austin on TV and I say, "Oh, PLEASE!!!!!!" We are all led to believe that what she does will transform us into looking like her!!! I don't think so! I'll stop now, because Denise Austin is a pet peeve of mine. Forgive me, I can't help it. I'll try to behave now.

RE: HB!!!

HA HA HA HA!! You sure hit the nail on the head about Denise A!! She is way too perky(i.e. IMHO phony!!)And that woman has quite the devolpment in the thigh region. I'm behaving now too. I just wanted to let you know I feel the same way you do!! PET PEEVE CITY!!! BTW, you go with lower body routine!!! It looks great!!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.