Cheap Guy???

>>Could be - why do we pick our handles anyway? Sometimes
>the
>>shoe fits, and sometime it doesn't. My comment was based on
>>the fact that I felt she was exhibiting diva-like behavior.
>>Diva, if you look it up, means "prima donna." She called
>>herself that, I didn't!
>>
>>"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think
>>you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark
>>Twain ;-)
>
>
>I have been staying out of this thread because I think that
>the way we handle ourselves and the way others handle
>themselves is often based on upbringing more than anything
>else. Since we all have different parents and backgrounds it
>is hard to say what is right and wrong when it comes to paying
>for dates.
>
>I do have to make a statement here about our forum names or
>"handles" and how we pick them. Mine is a perfect example of
>one that is pretty darn unflattering if you look it up in the
>dictionary. But that is not why I picked it. Rogue is one of
>the X-men and ever since I was a kid watching cartoons I have
>thought she was pretty darn cool. That is why I chose the
>name. Perhaps in the future it would be best to leave our
>"handles" out of the discussion.

you know Rogue, I totally agree w/ you. I guess I speaking to the fact that if someone is referring to themselves regarding their handle (meaning they think it fits) in a discussion then it would be fair game, however, I would never bring it up out of the blue and assume that's what the person is all about. I think that's highly judgmental. Anyhoo, there's enough of that in these forums as it is.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

This could really turn into a "non-judgemental" fun thread, you know. I have no problem discussing my "handle." We may use term that is an apt description, an wannabe description, a childhood name, or whatever. Just a thought.

My intend, by the way was not to be judgemental - I was just being curious about the name and it's connection, intended or not, to the topic at hand. If I came over as judegmental, I appologize.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I have to chime in here. My husband always says, "stingy with money, stingy with emotions." He totally believes that people who are cheap with money also cheap you out of a full relationship because they will not share their true emotions.

I've observed this in so many people and I think it holds true. I must say, my husband has always been generous with his money even though he has never been wealthy -- and he is very giving with his feelings.
-Caroline

>I have to chime in here. My husband always says, "stingy with
>money, stingy with emotions." He totally believes that people
>who are cheap with money also cheap you out of a full
>relationship because they will not share their true emotions.
>
>
>I've observed this in so many people and I think it holds
>true. I must say, my husband has always been generous with his
>money even though he has never been wealthy -- and he is very
>giving with his feelings.
>-Caroline

I'm sorry, but I have to totally disagree with that. Being "stingy" with money does not necessarily have anything to do with someone's emotions. I have known many people who are, I prefer to say "careful", with money and yet are some of the most loving, kind people I have ever known. Maybe they have their reasons for being "stingy". Maybe they are saving money for bigger things in life like a house or a stable future for their family. Throwing money around without a thought does not make someone "cheap" emotionally! Just my 2 cents.
When DH and I were dating we had the mind set of whoever made the plans or did the inviting paid. It always pretty much evened out and never left awkward moments over who's was paying.

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.