Challengers Week of 8/23

Roxie, great jog on your workouts.

Elaine, yes I restarted STS. I started on Monday. This time I'm trying to do the STS weight and STS cardio rotation. I want to keep up my running so I'm subbing that in for some of the cardio. Congrats on the compliment.

Amelia, nice job on the run. As for breathing I too have problems. When I notice that I'm having difficulty, I try to really concentrate on breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. I pul back the pass a little too until I feel I am back in a rhythm. I really wish I knew a running coach. If I actually found out the proper way to do it, maybe running would not be so hard for me.

Today was a run for me. Temperatures were cooler so I took the dogs out for a mile(they can't go very far when it's too hot) and then myself for another 2 miles. Those two miles were hard, but I didn't stop. I don't know if I mentioned on here that I have been having problems with my hip/groin area. The weird thing is when I run it doesn't hurt while I'm running. But just sitting, it hurts. So I have not idea what is could be. Its not a real pain, more of a tightness feeling. I've been taking Aleve to see if that helps in case it is inflammatory.

Jean

ps. count down for DD's wedding started yesterday- One Month To Go.

quick to everyone,

I have to get lunch for the kids.

I did STS disc 21 back/bis. I went as heavy as i could. I was struggling at the end trying to get the last 8 reps in. Glad that is over.

Good Evening,

I chose to do Imax 3 step only and I haven't done it in awhile so it wasn't very good and I didn't feel like working out before I started.

Stats:
23 min
22 in the zone
142 min hr
156 max hr
155 cals burned.

No abs done either.

Morning

No doms for me this morning even though my inner thighs were sore most the day yesterday after my run

Today will be a full body workout. May do MM but first i will take the doggie for a nice long walk.

Jean-I think maybe thats my problem, i don't listen to my body and just try to push it too hard. Maybe i need to back off when i start losing my breath.

Hello to everyone out there...bbl

Hi everyone. Today was legs from disc 3 STS. I took it easy with the weight levels to see how the groin/leg pain would be. It seemed fine so I'll see how the day goes. So far this week I managed 3 weight workouts and 2 cardio. Tomorrow will be another cardio day. I haven't worked like this in a long time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jean

47min power walk + MM timesaver done! I had to back off from the legs a bit because they were cramping:confused: but it was a good workout.

Jean-Nice job on your workouts this week! AWESOME!!

Hello to everyone that follows:)

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is CLX Lean Phase 3 and then I am done with CLX. I still need to work abs.

Amelia-good job on your workout today.

Jean-congrats on doing your workouts this week you are doing great.

Jean: Excellent on the workouts this week.

Amelia: When i run i just breath through my nose and try to take big breaths when I feel myself slipping into a rapid breathing method. This works for me. I am still very new at this.

Roxie: Geat plans for your workout tonight.

Hey Andrea are you still out there??

Okay this morning I ran for 25min. , did parts of the stability ball of ab circuits. I don't think I've ever done that one before. I then did the third triset of disc 20 legs.

School starts next week for both my boys. My son asked if the first day of school is a holiday, I said for parents it is.;)

Good Morning,

Today I went for a 2 mile walk in the park then did wts. and abs. I am now done with CLX this week is a recovery week just walking and stretching next month I will do Turbo Fire.

Walk Stats:
35 min
30 in the zone
135 min hr
153 max hr
218 cals burned.

CLX:
40 min
32 in the zone
134 min hr
165 max hr
245 cals burned.

Abs:
10 min
4 in the zone
124 min hr
151 max hr
50 cals burned.

Now I am going outside to soak up some rays.

Elaine-you are funny.

This morning I did CC Press Play. I jogged through the whole thing which was a surprise, since I am very sore from yesterday's leg workout. The recovery poritions were so slow I could have walked circles around myself, lol. Then I walked for 15 minutes, came home and did a little bit of abs and extended stretch.

Jean

just finished LM step combo's, earlier I did manage to get in a 35min power walk with the doggie...she loves seeing me coming with the leash, its so cute!

@ the grocery store i got some new salad dressing, Raspberry walnut by Ken's i can't wait to try it later. Its like 60 cals for 2tbs, not bad!

Hello to everyone. Im glad my WO is done;) have a great day:)

Elaine-Thanks for the tip on running. Im going to try that on Monday's run.

Hi everyone. My foot has been killing me all week, so didn't really manage much in the way of exercise. Today, I finally managed SOMETHING...got in a swim and a little stair climbing courtesy of the waterslides @ the Aquatic Center. Kids and I had a good time.

I've put GS C&T in my Workout Mgr for Monday, GS BSB in for Wednesday, and PUB in for Friday. Will see what I can manage for the other two days.

Well, I'd better scoot. Need to move laundry to the dryer. TTYL!

Good Morning,

Today is a rest stretch day for me, I wanted to go for a walk but woke up wih a sinus headache. DH is leaving town again so I will also clean house.

Morning, not sure what im doing today. I've got another dog walk this evening but im sure it won't be a power walk, DD is coming with me on her bike.

Thought about doing some upper body work...will bb with results

Hello to everyone:)

Ok I know I said I wasn't going to go for a walk but did anyway then I did Basic Stretching.

Walk 2 Miles:
35 min
33 in the zone
147 min hr
159 max hr
249 cals burned.

Stretch:
13 min
0 in the zone
100 min hr
126 max hr
45 cals burned.

C&W done. I had tons of energy:eek: For the first time in over a month i was able to complete a workout without dragging my butt through it.:cool: I slept pretty good last night and im eating a little more...

Hello to everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.