~~Challengers - May 11-17~~

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Hello everyone. We are back to the start of a new week. Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was nice. DD and I went to breakfast and then DH, DD and her boyfriend all took me out to dinner at Genghis Grill after DH got off work.

This morning was HIIT jogging outside. This week is my recovery week, but I want to try and make sure it is an active recovery week filled with plenty of cardio. Hope everyone has a great week.

Jean

Good Morning,

Tonite is Push Circuit 1. DH bought me some 20lb dbs. and then I want to get heavier tubing. Spent the day just relaxing watching a movie and drinking martinis with my 2 girls yesterday. DH and SIL went fishing.

Jean-glad to hear you had a great day.

Where oh where has Andrea gone oh where oh where could she be. We miss you. Everyone have a great day.

Hi everyone. MIA last week - was on travel. Got in 1 run while I was gone, but that's it. Better than nothing, I guess. Food was a disaster.

So far this week (in my WW week), I've gone running twice (2.5mi) - I still have to walk part, but part is getting smaller each time. Hoping to get my distance up to 3mi in my allotted time (~45min) before long. I run R E A L L Y S L O W :p

I think I'll do PUB tomorrow - love that WO and I need to not beat my knees up too badly. Then run Wednesday and 4DS Legs on Thursday w/ a day off on Friday. Back to running on Saturday (I think).

OK, gotta scoot. Will check in again tomorrow (that's the plan anyway :cool:). TTYL!

Morning

Andrea H- Great job on your running! Im very slow too...on the treadmill,i comfortable speed for me is 4.5....:eek: Sometimes during a run i will go 5.0 for a minute then back to 4.5 and repeat that about 10times. Yesterday i ran for 35mins straight,i was very proud of myself(went 2.7 miles). Feels good to know i can still run that far,lol:)

Roxie-WTG on the new 20lb DB!! I need to get some 20's...it will be my next purchase.

Hey to Jean,Elaine and Andrea:)

Im Not sure what im doing today...bbl to report it! Maybe an upperbody workout w/cardio?

Good Morning,

Tonite is cardio of some kind. I used the 20's last nite on a few exercises but I am not feeling it today so I'm a little disappointed.

Amelia-enjoy whatever it is you decide to do. I am impressed with your speed. 3.7 is as fast as I have gone. How exactly are you breaking down the 4ds or are you following a Cathe rotation?

Everyone have a good day.

Last edited:
Hey girls! I got my workout done...did something different today...I did power hour upperbody then CCV2!

Roxie-about the 4DS, im doing the weight work as a three day split and then throwing in some cardio with it(mostly on the treadmill as stepping seems to bulk me up) Enjoy your workout later!

Hey to everybody that follows!

Hey Girls,

Quick Hi! Yeah my eating was a disaster from Friday to yesterday. Today I am determined to turn over a new leaf.

My WO was Meso 3 Wk 3 95% of my 1RM, Chest and Back. That barbell is difficult to hoist up there, but I did it. I can already feel my back.

Okay I gotta get moving.

HERE I AM, Foxy Roxy!:)
Hi everyone.

Last week, I was sidelined with a migraine! GRRRRR:mad:, Then I didn't have time to drop by and say hi. It was just "one of those weeks".

I need to go back and read last weeks thread, to see what everyones up to.

Jean - Hows the extra cardio going?
Elaine - Hows that watching what you eat? Whoops, Elaine, I just re -read your post. I wasn't being a smar tarse. I'll rephase it, prior to yesturday, how has your eating been?
Roxy - Still enjoying that CLX?
Amelia - Thats not that slow. I worked it out its just under 10kph, which isn't too bad.
Andrea - I worked out you are probably running 4 ks in 45 mins. I don't think its how far you go, but the steady heart rate (get the heart rate up into the fat burning zone) and keep it there. So if your hearts up there for 45 mins thats an excellent run!!!

Last edited:
Welcome back Andrea missed you and yes still doing CLX doing the Push Phase now and I really like it up to 20lbs on some exercises.

Yay,Andrea's Back:D We missed you :D so sorry your migrains of been so bad:( How have you been the past week? Whatcha been up too?

Hey to Roxie,Elaine,AndreaH and Jean!

I think i pulled a muscle in my back yesterday :confused: theres a very dull pain on the left side of my middle back area,so needless to say...no workout today!(hey,that rhymes,lol)

DH and I had some wine last night while watching the ATL Braves take on the NY Mets...it was so nice. It would of been nicer if they would have won:rolleyes:. Actually they would have won if the umpire's were doing there job:mad:

ok...later gators!:cool:

Good Morning,

Tonite is Push Circuit 2 followed by Ab Burner.

Amelia-take it easy and don't start back up until you are healed.

Hi all,
I had to go and get me some new glasses yesturday. I disliked my other ones soooo much and I wouldn't wear them at work, way too vain. I think I'm happy with my choice.

Jaris get Extremly ripped workout yesturday. Im not sure if I like this workout or not yet. I find it tough to do.

Morning

im just popping in to say hey, my back was the first thing i felt when i rolled out of bed this morning:rolleyes: my DH rubbed alot of tightness out of it last night for me but i think its back :( I wish they sold muscle relaxer's over the counter,lol. I will pull out my heating pad and alternate heat and ice on it today....BLAH!

i would love to get in a cardio coach....lets see how the day goes.

Andrea-Are you talking about Jari loves get ripped? I use to have that one but sold it because i didn't do it alot:eek:. It is a great workout,im just more partial to Cathe:). Glad you like your knew glasses!

bbl

Good Morning,

Tonite is burn interval followed by abs. Didn't workout last nite I was in a bad mood. Tonite they are going to fix our internet and cable.

Amelia-Jari has a new one out called Extreme Ripped and it is not recieving very good reviews on here or videofitness.

quick post...i did CC v 4...yay! I feel better and i think it actually helped the tightness in my back!:)

Roxie-Enjoy your workout later!

Ok, never got around to posting yesterday. I did get a workout in yesterday though. Weights was a mix of body parts as I retested some of my 1RMs to get ready to start STS again. And I did some walking/jogging with the dogs. Was going to post last night, but after I ate I started to feel sick. Then I was up all night with what I think was food poisoning. I have found a quick way to lose weight, but I don't recommend anyone try it. I bought a chicken strip meal from Sonic and one of the pieces didn't taste right. That's what I get for caving to craving. I would have been better off to have ordered the Sonic Blast ice cream, LOL. Today has been spent mostly in bed trying to rest and rehydrate.

Andrea, glad to see you back. Hope you like the new glasses. Hope the migraines stay away for awhile.

Andrea H, glad to see you back too. You're doing great with the running.

Amelia, hope your back starts to feel better soon.

Roxie, way to go on the 20's.

Elaine, hope your eating is back under control. We all go through those days. Way to go on week 3. That's a toughy.

Hopefully I will be on the mend soon.

Jean

Hi Girls,

I've been sick with a cold for last few days. I missed two days of WOs. This morning I did Meso 3 WK bis/Tris/sh. I love this part of Meso 3. The WO flys by.

Andrea: I hear you on the glasses. I have two pairs. One I really like and the other well, I'm not to fond of. I need them both. One to see close the other to see far. I am definitly heading towards bifocals or trifocals.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jean: Yeah wk3 is tough, but what a feeling of acomplishment(?sp) when you do it.

Amelia: Take it easy.

Roxie: Have fun with your WO tonight.

AndreaH: Keep up the great work.

Okay, my car has been in the garage being worked on sense Tuesday. DH and I have been working things out with one car. I have to go and call a friend for a ride to finally go get my car.

See Ya,

Good Afternoon,

Didn't get up this morning and I am going out of town afterwork to get my hair cut and highlighted if I get home early enough I will do my wt work and then just add the cardio to tomarrows workout.

Hi guys. I've slept in!!! WOW!!! I havn't "slept in" for what seems like years and years.:D It felt great. My two little chicks curled in with me after hubby left for work and back to sleep we all went.

It must be the season for illness everyone has something. Jean and Elaine hope you guys are feeling better soon.

I am not sure what I think of this new JAri. She actually shows her personality a bit more which is goodish ?:confused:

Im joing the treadmill running brigade! Each week i am going to challenge myself 3 runs on the treadmill 40 -50 mins in length. Eventually I would like to run for 60 mins and a total of 10 ks. I am currently running 6 ks in 44 mins.

see ya.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.