Cathe Yoga

DixieGirl

Cathlete
I don't have either of Cathe's yoga workouts and want to get one. Which do you all like better, Yoga Max or Yoga Relax?

Are there any other Cathe yoga DVD's I don't know about?

Any other "must have" yoga DVD's by other instructors you'd recommend?

Tracy

I prefer Yoga Max. Yoga Relax is also good, at the title implies, more stretching, so very relaxing. Those are the only 2 Cathe Yoga workouts.

I would recommend anything from Travis Eliot...Ultimate Yogi! His short & sweet DVD is pure perfection IMHO!

I also like Bob Harper's Yoga Warrior. If you do a search in this forum, you'll many previous threads with great recommendations!

Lisa

I love them both. I don't find the "max" in Yoga Max to mean much. They are both fairly low intensity yoga/stretch workouts. But they do the job and stretch you out very nicely. I love them both.

And as Lisa recommended--Bob Harper's Yoga Warrior--I love that one! If your looking to sweat and get some DOMS from yoga--that is the way to go. I still use it--but I used it the most when I did P90X. I hate Yoga X so I swapped Yoga Warror for Yoga X. It took the dread out of P90X yoga day.

My other favorite yoga/flexibility workouts are by Chalene Johnson. Unfortunately they are part of her programs: Stretch 40 from TurboFire and Recharge from ChaLean Extreme. So you can't buy them on their own.

I have Yoga Relax and really like it. I've had a love/hate (okay - really only hate)relationship with yoga in the past. As a runner with a bad back I knew it was something important but most yoga instructors made me crazy with all of their weird talk. Just couldn't get into that. Cathe took that annoyance factor right out of it. Must confess I did bust out laughing when she said "namaste" at the end. I must prefer the "you can do anything for one minute!" But I did have it in regular rotation twice a week for a year. Only took it out of rotation because I found out I had a torn disc and was forbidden to do any forward flexion until it healed. Did it today modified and glad to be back.

One instructor I haven't seen mentioned on the forums is Eoinn Finn - Blissology + Eoin Finn Yoga My sister does his stuff, really likes it, and has seen some amazing strength and physical gains with it. He's very yoga/surfer dude and I kind of wanted to smack him when I borrowed in DVD. Gonna give it another shot though since she likes it so much.

I've done both and reach wayyy more for yoga relax. It's an excellent stretch workout - while in yoga poses. Cathe's voice is lovely and calm. It has two express workouts that come in at around 30 minutes. For yoga -that's typically all I've got to give.

I agree with above posters, yoga relax is better. I like that it addresses all body parts and isn't cheezy at all. the stretches are held for just long enough. CATHE's yoga is the best for days when you just want to strech and don't want any shoulder work.

I also like flow and power yoga and Eoin Finn is better than Travis elliot but both are pretty fruity, I can handle Eoin a little more but actually like more of travis elliots practices.
Eoin Finn's power yoga for happness is better than the pursuit of happy hips IMO with a practice for hips that is incredible. I find the pursuit of happy hips has great info but just don't enjoy the practices. Love that Eoin Finn and lululemon collaborate and are Canadian!
Travis elliot has great variety in his ultiamte yogi set but they are all long practices. b Travis does not focus on back work enough and even find he slouches a bit!!

Thanks for the awesome input y'all :cool: I've only done yoga DVD's sporadically through the years and have always loved it. But since I do weights or cardio 6 days a week, I sadly haven't given myself the time for yoga. I went to a yoga and spa resort w/ my sisters and mom last week and took some great classes. I fell in love with yoga all over again and I'm determined to treat myself to it at least 1-2 times a week. I'll definitely order Cathe's program and look into the other instructors you all have mentioned as well :)

This is too cute...

Must confess I did bust out laughing when she said "namaste" at the end. I must prefer the "you can do anything for one minute!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.