cathe videos

tralyn

I have several Cathe videos and used them regularly till about 2 months into pregnancy. Was then too tired, but have lately been working out again using pregnancy videos on the market. I'm about 23weeks along and was wondering if I should try my Cathe's again even, knowing I have to modify. Guess I'm worried about how long to use them since most of hers are close to an hour.
Thanks
Traci'

Do You Have "Getting In Shape For Your Wedding?"

This tape is easier than Cathe's more recent tapes and it's split up into two workouts. The first half of the tape is a step workout and the second half is muscle conditioning. I'm 26 weeks into my pregnancy right now but I find myself reaching for this tape most of the time. Some modifications I've made at this point are:

1) "over the top" moves are done on the floor

2) ricochets are replaced with that "horse-hesitate-horse" move Cathe does on other videos followed by a two count march so that I still finish on the same foot as if I had done the ricochet move

3) I substitute an arabesque with a glute pinch for those high impact repeaters

4) I don't use risers w/ my step (I get too winded with even ONE pair of risers so I play it safe)

The toning part of this tape seems perfectly suited to pregnancy also. Instead of the lying down bridge work that Cathe does, I do quarter dead lifts w/ dumbells followed by standing pelvic tilts to target my hamstrings and glutes. I also substitute all of Cathe's ab work w/ pregnancy ab and back exercises (you can read about those in the various threads). I also add some leg presses too. Cathe also includes some floor work for the legs which I really like because I get to lie down for those exercises!

I just did the toning portion of this tape yesterday and was just thinking of posting how much I enjoy doing this tape during my pregnancy.
I didn't do this tape very much before my pregnancy because I thought it was too easy. Now I seem to alternate this one w/ Step Max (which is also easily modified for pregnancy). Between these two tapes, and brisk walks on the days I can't get a tape in, I think I'm set.

You might want to invest in Clapp's "Exercising Through Your Pregnancy Book". It's been recommended alot on this forum and I really found it to be helpful.

(how did my post get so long?)

Cathe tapes for pregnancy

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-00 AT 08:08PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi Sue,

I just wanted to compliment you on your excellent post. Way to go!

Sheila

Thanks

I don't have those videos but I did MIS last week and did some mods. I inclined my bench for chest work. Did overhead tricep extensions instead of lying down, and basically used 5 and 8 lb dumbbells for everything. Good thing on the back work, where she says bring barbell to bellybutton, I can really cheat there, dumbbells let me "go around" and get to my back muscles. I felt kinda silly compared to the weight I used to use. And after 10 mins of StepFit this morning I did remove the risers. Sheesh. No power moves and I'm so glad that Cathe usually always mentions/shows a low impact version of the moves. Still felt silly looking at those skinny in-shape women and then looking at myself.
Traci'

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.