Cathe Road Trip Newbie!

hstarnes

Just signed up for my first Cathe Road Trip! Yikes, not sure what I'm getting myself into, and I gotta admit I'm nervous! :confused: But from the sounds of it, this should be a blast. I'm from the Dallas area, so this one is too close to pass up. Any other RT first-timers out there? I'm needing a roomie as well, if anyone knows how that works.

I'm not a first-timer, nor do I need a roommatie, but just wanted to jump in and assure you that your nervousness is natural -- and unfounded. Trust me on this. You're going to have a wonderful time and the weekend is going to fly by.

Set you fears aside. Once you get there, you will start to meet people and you will wonder why you ever worried in the first place. At my first one I was scarred to death. I had never stepped out of my comfort zone before. But I am so glad I did. Now I have several under my belt and have enjoyed every one of them.

As for a roommate, just post on the roommate thread that you are looking for one and that they can pm you if someone is interested. Since it is still a few months out, people may not have firmed up plans yet, but that way your name is out there if they are looking too.

Jean

Don't be nervous at all -- I'm not a newbie (this is my 4th roadtrip!), but I live in Tomball (only about 30 minutes from the Woodlands), so I, too, couldn't pass this one up! You will have an awesome time. The very first time I went to a RT was in 2007 (New Jersey). I went by myself and didn't know anyone (I wasn't even posting regularly on the forums, so didn't know anyone from there!). But during the first workout, I hooked up with JodiJodi (she's on the forums!) and I met a LOTS of people after that. I went to the 2008 and 2009 roadtrips and met so many of the same people each time. Everyone is so incredibly nice -- plus we all have one common interest! You will have a wonderful time -- trust me and don't be nervous! I will be there so look me up!

Julie

You are sure to have a great time and make several new friends! I'll be there, it will be my 4th RT and I'm also from TX. You will have a blast! Looking forward to meeting you!!

Hope you're reassured. This will be my second RT. Like you, I was a bit apprensive (will I be able to keep up - this is Cathe after all!!), but everyone one was so nice, especially Cathe. I had a blast. Met great people (NancyAZ among them). I'm coming back for more!!!

See you there,

linda

Hey, I'm a newbie and need a roomie too. Let me know if you're interested. I'm from the Katy area.

Thanks to all you veterans for the reassurances.

I'm a Newbie Too!

This is my first time too - you're not along! :cool:

Reading everyone's comments helps put me at ease. Everyone seems so nice and welcoming. I know it'll be a lot of fun and I hope to make some friends.

See you there!
Michelle

I'm a Newbie Too!

This is my first time too - you're not alone! :cool:

Reading everyone's comments helps put me at ease. Everyone seems so nice and welcoming. I know it'll be a lot of fun and I hope to make some friends.

See you there!
Michelle

hstarnes said:
Just signed up for my first Cathe Road Trip! Yikes, not sure what I'm getting myself into, and I gotta admit I'm nervous! :confused: But from the sounds of it, this should be a blast. I'm from the Dallas area, so this one is too close to pass up. Any other RT first-timers out there? I'm needing a roomie as well, if anyone knows how that works.

Hi there! I am new, too! Live in San Antonio. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Jackie

roomie

I really need a roomie!! Is there anyone willing to share with me I missed the deadline for reserving as my family were going to come with me but that fell through. Please e-mail me and let me know!!!! Nancy it will be great to see you too missed you in NJ this August!!!! Teresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.