Cathe Live workouts on demand - equipment needed?

ccthebear

Hi Cathe and everyone, I'm new to Cathe Live/On Demand (not new to you though, Cathe; been working out with you for years and years!). For the live classes that are available on demand, is there anywhere to see what equipment you'll need before you start the workout?

I think you're going to enjoy Live/On Demand very much :D

Besides what jodijodi mentioned there's no other place that lists the specific equipment. However, the workout description and picture gives you an idea. During the warm-up of Live workous Cathe tells us what equipment is needed.

Enjoy

Cathe puts on her Cathe Live before your workout what you need.

But, if you don't see any equipment or any summary on Cathe Live you can preview it.

Just scan the room and the equipment is most there, it only takes a minute, well for me anyway. Then I turn it off and restart it. I know it isn't exactly live, but it's better then nothing.

Cathe and her crew normally have all the equipment they are going to need when they start. If you see weights of various colors then you will need weights of different sizes. You will see mats. You will see steps. But, what I would do if you want to do it Live (prerecorded) I would also included some type of gliding device, a stretchy band long and short. Like the loops to go around your feet.

If it is a boxing (kickboxing) it begins with Cathe and Crew with boxing gloves on.

Step workouts, you will of course see the step, normally on one risers without weights. But, if their weights included during the step workout , then the weights are off to the side with a mat.

Most of the time Cathe will tell you in the beginning, but if you don't want to wait just preview a little bit of the workout before.

Also, don't get hung up when you are doing a boxing workout and you don't have a punching bag. Cathe will tell you how to modify without one. I don't have a punching bag and her modifications work pretty well.

For barbells, there are barbells in a few of them, but you can modify most of it with dumbbells.

If you don't have weights, I suggest you use common objects. You can get creative. Water bottles. Cans. Bags of flour. If you only have small weights you can double them, if you feel comfortable with it. I know right now it's hard because gyms has closed, but household objects with weight in them helps.

Also, Cathe normally puts, Cathe Live on Facebook and here on what you need.

Hopes this helps!! Everybody stay safe and healthy,

Jennifer Denny

Last edited:
For Live workouts 2lazy4gym.com/cathe-live and fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live have reviews on many of the Live workouts which give you the equipment you will need and the exercises you will be doing. I find these really useful as I can work out which weights I need for the various exercises, what step height I need to use etc. I can't always lift as heavy as Cathe so where she might use 5 to 15lb dumbbells, I might only need to go up to 12lb for my heaviest weight.

Thank you, everyone! This is very helpful and much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to working out with Cathe in this new way. So happy to have this available in these crazy times. Stay safe and healthy, everyone :)

Thanks, Deb! I didn't realize this was available and I always forget the requisite equipment and I am too lazy to write it down. My bad.

Do you all know what Cathe is using instead of the Slide and Glide discs? It looks like some type of fabric, towel maybe?

Do you all know what Cathe is using instead of the Slide and Glide discs? It looks like some type of fabric, towel maybe?
In Cathe newer DVDs, from my point of view she uses wash cloths. I used wash cloths myself. If you go to the store or order them, they are the smaller kind. I got mine at WalMart. They come in a bunch.

What I use is paper plates. Not the white paper plates with the frayed edges. What I use is the smaller ones, the ones that used for a piece of cake. But, you can use 8 1/2 inch ones. I use the paper plates that have the drip guard, but it is paper. But, I have a wooden floor.

Cathe use to have her own gliding discs. The yellow ones. And the material I think she covered it was nylon (like black pantyhose). I could be wrong because I never had them, just guessing.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Denny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.