Cathe Live Menu Request

mama2kat

I've recently subscribed to Live and am going through them in order. I'm close to 100 now and am finding it pretty time consuming to scroll over to it. Is there a way to break out the 'by date' menu by year, so they'd be in groups of 52?

I'll follow this in the hope of an answer. I'm still struggling with arranging them all into separate groups depending on what each is targeted for. It's time consuming to decide which one to do.

Hi mama2kat and Seashel,

We're currently working on a major update of all of our apps, but this is going to take many months to complete. The first out of the gate will be the iOS Cathe OnDemand app and then our iOS Cathe Live app. The other apps will then follow. This work will not be finished until sometime in 2023. However, you can currently sort by date and workout type, though we will greatly improve this with our next release. Are you both using our apps or are you using your computer?

I watch the videos on my roku. I'm watching them in order by date, but to get to #100, I have to scroll past the 99 before it. When I get to #200, it's gonna take me forever to get to it!

I use the firestick and it is so frustrating to get to a particular number with over 422 live available--- a search button where you can input the number you may be looking for would be a huge help---someone on Fitness My Style had a numerical list of all the live shows and reviewed each but she stopped at 373 and i could never find her again---that was also great to have

I have been doing detailed breakdowns of all of Cathe's live workouts and hence could post a master list here for everyone to use as a quick reference. Not ideal, but would work as an interim solution until the apps are updated. I don't know what the character limit is here, though, so I might have to break it up across multiple messages. Would that be helpful?

I have been doing detailed breakdowns of all of Cathe's live workouts and hence could post a master list here for everyone to use as a quick reference. Not ideal, but would work as an interim solution until the apps are updated. I don't know what the character limit is here, though, so I might have to break it up across multiple messages. Would that be helpful?
You have the option to attach a file here. That might be the easiest way to do it.

I watch the videos on my roku. I'm watching them in order by date, but to get to #100, I have to scroll past the 99 before it. When I get to #200, it's gonna take me forever to get to it!
Hi mama2kat and Seashel,

Though we are more limited in designing Roku apps than we are with Apple apps I'm sure we can come up with something that will lessen the amount of time it takes you to scroll to the Cathe Live app you want to do, like a search where you enter the Cathe Live number you want to do.

In the meantime, you might want to search for the workout you want to do by selecting it from the "workout types" instead of "All workouts".

Also, another option for you is to mark a workout as a "favorite" then select the back button on your remote and you will return to the same spot in carousel where you can then go to the next workout in the carousel and mark it as a favorite, and so on. Then you can just go to favorites to select your workouts which will be many times faster.

Lastly, you probably already know this, but you can scroll right or left on each carousel. This means you can start at the beginning or the end of each carousel.

Hope this helps!

I'm attaching my master list of live workouts, which should allow you to look-up the number of the workout you're currently on so you can get the name for typing directly into the search field. It's plain text, no fancy formatting, should open with most text editors.

Attachments

• live master list.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 39
I use the firestick and it is so frustrating to get to a particular number with over 422 live available--- a search button where you can input the number you may be looking for would be a huge help---someone on Fitness My Style had a numerical list of all the live shows and reviewed each but she stopped at 373 and i could never find her again---that was also great to have
She hasn't posted anything after 373.

I have the Firestick, also a bit tedious if I want to do like workout #79. A search engine in the app would be very helpful.

In my case, I use a computer and go to Cathe.com/stream/live and there is where I find all the workouts. I am desperate to find some way to organize all of these so that I can choose specifically what type of workout I want to perform. If I search by type, many of the workouts appear under various types so that doesn't help me. I was thrilled to be introduced to Fitness My Style and was so sorry when she stopped at #373. She gave excellent reviews and detailed information, not only of her own opinions, but also of exactly what was entailed in each workout, and what equipment was required. Her detail was amazing and her opinions very often mimicked my own. I will be very interested in whatever can be done to simplify choosing a Live workout because the list continues to grow and grow. In the meantime I will check out Rookwood's list and come back to this discussion. Thank you - it helps to know others are also seeking some type of simplification with choosing Live workouts. I don't want to keep repeating ones I've already done.

By the way, I continued on after #373 and tried to follow a similar descriptive format like Fitness My Style had, and when I tried to attached it here, the system wouldn't let me because it was the wrong file extension type. My file is in Excel. If anyone can direct me how to post it, I'd be happy to. Not the best with computer technology here, sorry to say!

Hi mama2kat and Seashel,

Though we are more limited in designing Roku apps than we are with Apple apps I'm sure we can come up with something that will lessen the amount of time it takes you to scroll to the Cathe Live app you want to do, like a search where you enter the Cathe Live number you want to do.

In the meantime, you might want to search for the workout you want to do by selecting it from the "workout types" instead of "All workouts".

Also, another option for you is to mark a workout as a "favorite" then select the back button on your remote and you will return to the same spot in carousel where you can then go to the next workout in the carousel and mark it as a favorite, and so on. Then you can just go to favorites to select your workouts which will be many times faster.

Lastly, you probably already know this, but you can scroll right or left on each carousel. This means you can start at the beginning or the end of each carousel.

Hope this helps!
A search would be awesome. Since I'm doing them in order, and am only at 100, marking the remaining over 300 as favorites doesn't make much sense, and neither does Searching by type. But I'll keep plugging along. Thank you for the response!!

I'm kinda surprised that a search engine isn't in the app. Maybe I am missing something, but as an example I have KCMs streaming and she has a search where you can type in step, box, etc and it pulls up those workouts. Is this what you asking them to add? I use KCM on Roku and Amazon Fire TV.

I'm kinda surprised that a search engine isn't in the app. Maybe I am missing something, but as an example I have KCMs streaming and she has a search where you can type in step, box, etc and it pulls up those workouts. Is this what you asking them to add? I use KCM on Roku and Amazon Fire TV.
Hi rcsaros, Cathe live does have a search where you can search by title, workout type, and length. It just doesn't currently have a search by workout number.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.