Cathe fans with Tracy Anderson Meta experience

pinkquinn

Cathlete
For starters: I don't know how to get the angry face off my title, and I don't know how it got there

I'm looking for any Cathe fans that can give me feed back on Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis.

I understand that she does not cue and might annoy me to death, but beyond all that is there anything to her method? Specifically I will be trying to get smaller and keep toned so I can get in my clothes fast! I don't much like wearing maternity clothes longer than completely neccessary.:)

I do well with prepackaged rotations and I will have just had my baby, to be honest, I just don't think I can keep up with Cathe this time. Doing toning on the floor sounds like heaven.:p

I am a former dancer and really liked my physique when I was dancing (a bit puny on top, though)

I would like to know if any Cathe fans can vouch for her effectiveness in delivering what she promises, like Cathe does.

Last edited:
I have been doing Meta Omni and I don't find it easy. This is from an STS and CLX graduate. You spend a lot of time--most of the time it seems to me--on all fours. I use a garden kneeler under my knees or they hurt. I have definitely seen a change in my body. Pants that did not fit for 2 seasons are loose. TA wants you to do her half hour of cardio dance and then her toning work another half an hour every day and nothing else. I just can't do that so I sometimes skip a day here and there and do something else like P57 or Ellen Barrett. I also mostly walk with Leslie or do step instead of her dance cardio which does not work for me on carpet. TA has a post pregnancy workout with lots of great ab work that I like. I think it is a love or hate situation with TA. I like her but yes her cuing is minimal and she sometimes says things that people think are wacky. But I have come to appreciate her method and have seen definite results. My favorite is her Mat workout. You can read lots of comments pro and con on videofitness.com.

Thanks Phyllis. That is the type of feedback I was looking for. I am also an sts grad and am currently doing the 6 mo rotation.

What I have noticed for me, is that post baby and while nursing heavy weights drain me and require extra rest I don't have time for. Like an extra nap..ha! I liked that people felt they were refreshed after her workouts.

I did sts to get back in shape after my last sweet daughter (who is driving me crazy right now:p) My arms and legs looked great but my stomach was still a mess!!!!!!!! I like that many people commented that her post pregnancy workout (which I already own) attacked that area successfully.

Having done sts a couple of times there is a bit of dread factor involved esp post preg. Something new might motivate me more.

Anyway, it looks like I'm talking my self into it. Just looking for Cathe fan's feedback since they know how to get the job done!

Thanks Phyllis. That is the type of feedback I was looking for. I am also an sts grad and am currently doing the 6 mo rotation.

What I have noticed for me, is that post baby and while nursing heavy weights drain me and require extra rest I don't have time for. Like an extra nap..ha! I liked that people felt they were refreshed after her workouts.

I did sts to get back in shape after my last sweet daughter (who is driving me crazy right now:p) My arms and legs looked great but my stomach was still a mess!!!!!!!! I like that many people commented that her post pregnancy workout (which I already own) attacked that area successfully.

Having done sts a couple of times there is a bit of dread factor involved esp post preg. Something new might motivate me more.

Anyway, it looks like I'm talking my self into it. Just looking for Cathe fan's feedback since they know how to get the job done!

I haven't done STS, but I have done many Cathe weight workouts x step cardio & circuits. Here's what I think.

Many people have success with Tracy's method, quick weight loss if you are consistent with both parts 5-6 days a week. Easy to fit into a Mom's schedule, requires very little equipment set up. You won't feel completely exhausted, results keep coming with a clean diet (her diet in Meta is pretty strict, you would have to decide on that)

You'll gain strength in wrists, low back, abs, inner thigh, outer thigh, bum, arms, and you'll see yourself trim all over. (I used Omni, you may want to go with AB-centric, or contact their customer service & find out) The other part of Tracy's workouts is that it increases mobility, this is an excellent balance for anyone who does a lot of weight lifting or repetitive exercise.

Tracy's program, does a lot of things well, it is a different kind of strength with an emphasis on weight loss and toning results, to date there isn't anything I know of that works as well, as fast, and is as easy to fit into a schedule as Metamorphosis. You'll work for those results, you can be sure of that. If you have done STS, I have no doubts you can do it, likewise gaining the best it has to offer.

I did not find her annoying, just no nonsense, with out a lot of chatter, it's modern, contemporary, and the dance cardio is fun. That was the best part for me, it has a really good vibe.:cool:

If weight loss & toning is the main goal, i.e. losing a couple sizes, that is exactly what her program is designed for, and that it does.

Linda

Linda,

Thanks. Wow! You seem to have gotten great results from meta. You have addressed and affirmed why I am going to use this as my post preg rotation. I bought the post preg workout by TA, but have not done it and then doing further research I found meta.

I like that you will work for results (that assures me it isn't snake oil), but yeah, I don't need to feel exhausted, or be lugging out equipment. Only one hour?! Yesss! loving that too.:cool:

I will be doing green juices and lean protein as my diet, unless I like what she espouses. I have heard others balk at it. I don't know exactly what it entails, but I eat a clean diet anyway. How hard could it be?

Alright, I'm getting excited about my game plan this time around. Hopefully I will have a fully recovered midsection this time around. Hope I will be blessed with a healthy baby and easy delivery. This is the last kiddo the join the family,:( a little sad that this chapter is over, but excited to move to the next one.

Thanks again.

Wish you the best, aren't you ahead getting everything all planned, Meta is hard, all hers are if you do it the way she says. You get the results though quickly, consistency is key, it's a really good method. I have heard good things about the PP workout too.

Recently tried Bolthouse Farms Green Juice, delicious, they have lots of flavors, a little pricey but you could make similar in a blender. You'll do well if you already eat clean, that's for sure.

Good Luck with the new little one, all the best to you & your family, that is exciting! :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.