CATHE and I went CAMPING !!!

Spinin28

Cathlete
Hey everyone!

Did I fool you all?? LOLOLOL!

Actually I did take Cathe with me camping this past week and we had a blast!! I took along my high step & risers and 8, 12, 15's hand weights and all my workouts.. including TJ's fat blaster!!!LOL!!

I am sure our camp site buddies thought I was totally insane outside in the horrid heat (95 with a heat index of 110, I think I sweated off about 5lbs at least), working out to Cathe. I did get some really weird looks as people rode by on their bikes and such...LOL!! I must have looked totally crazy!

I used my Yoga mat to keep everything from sliding around, and it all worked out incredibly well! LOL!!

It was really fun working out to Cathe outside..LOL!! I may just set up my TV and Dvd player outside to change it up a bit. It is hard to go down to my exercise room in the basement, and workout indoors when it is so beautiful outside.

So for those of you that love to camp and are worried about missing out on your Cathe workouts...never fear again..Cathe loves to go camping and she is twice as fun in the sun.

:)

Wow! You got guts girl! :) I'd slit my wrists before I worked out to a Dvd out in public. But that's just me. LOL!

Sounds like you had fun.

Very cute post, Denise! I really thought you were going to say Cathe was filming near you in the wilderness. :)

Marie

I take Cathe boating, but I pull the shades closed so our boat neighbors can't watch! They think I'm strange enough as it is.

Good to know I'm not the only wackadoo. :D I know I look pretty wacky working out to a computer with a high step and a barbell in the middle of a campground. Oh well.....

>So funny! Now that's dedication!
>
>Does that make the boat rock?

I try to stay toward the centerline of the boat so I really don't cause any rocking, but rocking from other boat traffic can make it a little interesting LOL. And doing Pilates on a rocking boat works the core extra hard....

Most of the workouts I do on the boat are weight workouts. For cardio, I run if I can get to land easily.

>I take Cathe boating, but I pull the shades closed so our
>boat neighbors can't watch! They think I'm strange enough as
>it is.

Cathe is good for Camping and boating..LOL!!!

>Good to know I'm not the only wackadoo. :D I know I look
>pretty wacky working out to a computer with a high step and a
>barbell in the middle of a campground. Oh well.....

Yes, you are not the only wackadoo that does what they want no matter what others think...LOL!

What a great idea to use your lap top computer..that would be much easier than dragging out the tv and the dvd player. We always take a Tv and a Dvd player and a game system when we go camping, the kids have to have something to do when it is nasty outside...it is impossible to escape the video games. When you have 5 teenage boys in a small space to keep busy...TV and video games works very well.

I also bring an extra battery...I can plug the laptop into any outlet on the camper but some places we go do not have electricity. It's handy on a rainy night to watch a movie...

You guys are so funny. I go camping to get away from it all, and as much as love Cathe, working out 6 days a week is part of "it all." You need a break every now and then, and it usually works out that I get a week break in the summer when we camp at the shore, and a week break over Christmas. Of course, if vacation includes visiting my mother or my SIL, I already have spare steps stashed at their houses. And when we go camping for just a weekend, I run.

Believe me..if I can I change it up with hiking or rowing and see some nature. I just like to have some options in case the weather is yucky. Also, I really feel compelled to keep up, to some degree, with the routine. Otherwise it becomes too easy to fall of the wagon. I also miss the post endorphin high from working out. Yes, I know, I'm a tad wacky in that regard.:+

>I also bring an extra battery...I can plug the laptop into
>any outlet on the camper but some places we go do not have
>electricity. It's handy on a rainy night to watch a movie...

Wow..you are good sister!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.