Can you help?

Spinin28

Cathlete
I am trying to find cheap storage baskets, by cheap I mean a basket for $10.00-$14.00. I want a plain wicker basket.. I am looking for a basket with very specific dimentions, I am looking for a 12 High,12-16 Long,12 Wide. The baskets are for storage under a bench my hubby is building me for my laundry/mud room. I was inspiried by the Pottery barn catalog pic below, however I don't want to pay $30-50 for a wicker basket...sigh!

Here is my inspiration:

http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/index.cfm?src=rmscthmspa|rgift/hme&snav=1&cid=thmspahal&area=rms

I want baskets like the ones under the bench..my hubby is goign to build me a wall system just like the pic, but on a smaller scale.

I have searched all over town and all over the internet, if I find something that is close it is not tall enough..it has to be 12-14 inches tall. Baskets can be plain or white, lined or unlined.

Can anyone help me??

I use lots of baskets for storage too;-) Have you tried Target or a craft store like Michael's? I have seen those uniform storage baskets there all the time. Hope this helps!

>You couldn't find them at Bed Bath & Beyond? I got almost
>exactly what you're looking for there, & they still have them
>in stock (they're right across the street from my gym, lucky
>me :7 ):
>http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=12302479
>You could buy them in sets or separately.

Actually those are not the right size..all of those are too short. I need baskets that are at least 11"-12 inches high, 12 inches long and 12 inches wide. Most of the baskets that I have found are wide enough and long enough..but most baskets are like 5-9 inches high rather than 11 or 12 inches high.

here is what I want..without spending $39.00 a basket..The tall basket

http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/pippopup.cfm?gids=p1736&skus=&cat=&type=viewlarge

I was thinking that it would be easy to find what i am looking for..Monday hubby and I spent all day going to every store we could think of trying to find the right size and color basket for the right price...no luck!:-(

So I thought maybe the great minds on here would have some suggestions..

Thanks sweetie!

I know your frustration. I looked all over for a specific kind and size of storage basket once and couldn't find what I needed anywhere.

Have you considered having your DH make you some wood boxes in the size you need? You could paint or stain them in a coordinating color and put felt on the bottoms so they won't scratch your shelves. You could even find a neat wall paper to cover them. Just a thought.

>I know your frustration. I looked all over for a specific
>kind and size of storage basket once and couldn't find what I
>needed anywhere.
>Have you considered having your DH make you some wood boxes in
>the size you need? You could paint or stain them in a
>coordinating color and put felt on the bottoms so they won't
>scratch your shelves. You could even find a neat wall paper to
>cover them. Just a thought.

Yes, I have thought of that too..I just so wanted the basket look..Heck I have even thought of trying to weave my own baskets..LOL!
Who would ahve ever thought it would be so hard to find a freaking storage basket..sigh

Hubby just called to tell me that we are getting a set of those cool stackable washer and dryer(The not too expensive, slightly smaller set) in the laundry room..that way I can have a larger storage system..YEAH!!!! It won't be as large as the one the one in the Pottery barn catalog..but I will have 3 nice sized storage areas under the bench.I am so excited that the kids will have a place for all of their coats, shoes and place to hang and store their bookbags and school stuff. Not to mention a place to store car keys, bills..papers and misc stuff that is now laying on my kitchen counter..sigh..LOL!
We are trying to work on our house..as we built this house in 2001 and we did all our own painting..and so many things just never got done due to time issues. The door to our laundry/mud room never got painted inside or outside and the trim was in bad need of touch up paint. We had a laundry chute over the washer, but it was a PIA as it went into a cabinet and every time you opened the cabinet clothes would all fall all over the place, Plus stuff got stuck in it all the time. We closed up the laundry chute and hubby is going to put the chute in our laundry/mud room closet and it will just drop into a large tall basket with wheels for sorting..I am so excited!! Hubby is going to make the terminal end of the chute large so clothes never get stuck in the chute again. My laundry room closet will be my laundry center with built in storage for all the clothes, that way clean clothes won't be sitting in my living room on the couch till they get put away..plus I will have a hanging area to hang up stuff..so cool!

Well I have looked everywhere for baskets..and I am giving up. I am going to have hubby just build me some storage containers for now, and I will make some cute liners until I can afford the Pottery barn baskets..

Thanks everyone for your help!

Your all so great!
:)

Just have to give you all an update on my basket situation

Went to Walmart on Saturday and low and behold there were the baskets I have been searching for. When hubby and I went there on Monday they must have been out of stock, these baskets are not on their web site.

I will need to paint them, but the size is 12x12x12..Yeah!!!!

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Denise~I was just looking for your thread to post and ask if you had gone to Walmart yet!!! I was there this weekend and saw the baskets and also saw some at our Flower Factory. Glad you found them! Yeeeah!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.