Can we mention when we list some dvds for sale on the web?

SandraC

Cathlete
I don't see any restrictions on what we write, but just want to make sure it is okay. I think I've see it done before...

SandraC

Selling products

Sorry, but we don't allow the selling of DVD's or for that matter any products on our site.

Just to clarify, I am listing some on a selling site, not here. I just wondered if it was okay to mention it here.

SandraC

Commercial Postings

That's not something we allow either. Whether you post directly or have a link to a post selling a product the result is the same. The purpose of our site is to promote and sell our DVD's and products. It takes a lot of time, money and effort to run our site and we don't want to be in competition with our customers on our own site - or even worse with other companies using our site to sell their products. It would just defeat the purpose of our site and would make it uneconomical to continue running it the way we do.

We also want people to be able to trust another user’s opinion about our products or products from other companies. This is what Open Discussion is all about. However, when a person has a financial interest in selling a product their motivation to make a profit may outweigh their necessity to be honest an unbiased.

This is probably a good time to mention and remind people that if you have a financial interest in another company or product to please not to try to sell your product either directly or indirectly on our site. Lately, we have had an ever increasing problem of people skirting our rules whose main purpose is really not to discuss, but instead to sell. This is something we’ve been discussing internally and already planned to step up enforcement of as it is starting to get out of hand.

We do appreciate that you asked us in advance about this matter and we hope you understand our position.

I do understand. My stuff was used dvds, so I wasn't sure if that was considered competition. But either way, I understand and appreciate your kind response. I wish everyone could be so polite. :) Thank you!

Merry Christmas!
SandraC

You mean when Robin finally finishes filming Bacteria Blast and Fungus Max, she'll have to sell them somewhere else? Darn. I mean she's got ready buyers here just waiting for those killer Petri Dish Lid Lifts. ;)

"Open Discussion: Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike."

We can talk about other DVD's other than Cathe's, but we can't put a link in our post to show where the site is? Is that what you're saying?

Please for give me, but I want to make certain I know what you mean, and follow the rules.

Janie

Last edited:
Janie, I think talking about other videos and trying to sell them are very different. It's always been commonly known around here that you can not sell or advertise on this site.

You mean when Robin finally finishes filming Bacteria Blast and Fungus Max, she'll have to sell them somewhere else? Darn. I mean she's got ready buyers here just waiting for those killer Petri Dish Lid Lifts. ;)

gigglesmile.gif

This one just made my day, Nance!!!

Robin when does the presale start?????

Better question: WHEN ARE YOU SHIPPING THEM TO US????!!!!!?????

:p love ya!

I think Beach Body is going to buy her out and include free cheap exercise tubing and a Tony Horton autographed hanky that Tony used to blow his nose during the filming 10 Minutes Trainer. Pre-sale starts soon so make sure you get Fungus Max today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.