Can I split the CTX workouts into afternoon/evening?

candice_o

Hi,
I rarely have an hour to work out these days(4 yr. old son, 3 yr. old daughter and 5 month old twins!). I pulled out my CTX DVD's and did some of them. Is it ok for me to do, say the aerobic portion in the morning or afternoon, and then weights in the evening, or vice-versa? I asked this on the Cathe board but I think Cathe is probably busy! :)

Other timesaving tips are also welcome. I can usually manage about a half hour in the afternoon (naptime for 3 of the kids and video time for the oldest!) and then another half-hour to 40 minutes in the evening.

thanks,
Candice

Wow! You have your hands full! I feel pretty lazy for not getting my workouts in!

I think you should do whatever you can when you get time. You still get your HR up with the cardio and are still working your muscles just the same.

The Body For Life book- which is pretty well received- recommends just 20 mins of cardio 3xs a week and weights twice a week. Half of that program is nutrition, so if you eat fairly healthy, you don't have to overdo the cardio.

Plus, you're probably more active than you realize with your kids! That counts for something!
The only problem I would have with splitting CTX is getting motivated to workout a second time later in the day. But you sound motivated.

good luck and make sure you take time to relax- missing a workout once in awhile is no biggie!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.