calorie intake question

kazze

Cathlete
I am 5'6 and weigh 136lbs. I want to go back to my longstanding weight of 125lbs (I gained this extra weight about five years ago and can't seem to rid of it).

In addition to workingout what should my intake be? I have never counted calories before but I may have to.
Most of the weight is around my mid section, waist and hips of course.

The only advice I can give ya, is what I did....

Clean up your eating habits, and I do mean clean.

And I dropped my calories until I started losing weight.

Lots of water.....

and yes of course exercise:7

Rhonda

out of curiosity, what did you start off at and where are you now weight wise?

What is it you eat that has been consistant since your change?

Well I am 46 yr old, 5'2", and this time I was at 107 and dropped to 102....

I cut nearly all the sugar out of my diet, changed most everything that had sugar to diet, or sugar free... I eat alot of salad and protein.....

Rhonda:7

I am also petite frame

I don't count calories, and I find that sticking with unprocessed foods helps in losing excess weight and keeping at that weight.

It really helps to eliminate all foods that contain HFCS (high fructose corn sweetener/syrup), which can cause increases in appetite because it is a processed sugar that the body doesn't recognize as food, and in some ways, it makes the body crave more nutrients. The same with hydrogenated/partially-hydrogenated fats and 'shortening' (another name for hydrogenated oils).

Also, when you buy a processed carb food (vs a natural food that you eat as is, like a fruit, that is high in carbodydrates) like bread, always look for a minimum of 2 grams of naturally occuriing fiber (not added by putting wood shavings in , for example) per serving. That immediately cuts down the selection of breads, crackers, etc.

I've found that consistency really pays off.

And, exercise-wise, if you aren't doing interval workots, doing 1-2 per week can help with the weight loss.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.